• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats up with this???

G

I dont think your analogy really works here, unless Pari promised you in writing...

G

sure it was writing right in the game in city hall where ur to go and ask questions... its the same thing.

G

No I think writing is on paper, something physical not in a chat room.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

She could have said all sims meaning all 3 of your original sims and it was mistaken as 8. We are getting gifts re-issued to all original sim slots which was only 3.

G

that is the same thing its a form of advertizing its comming from a high official with in the game and being told several differnt times for weeks this was to happen!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I, for one , have often seen devs and parizad misunderstand questions and give wrong answers in Town Hall. Until I see it posted on the blog, I don't count anything as official.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I, for one , have often seen devs and parizad misunderstand questions and give wrong answers in Town Hall. Until I see it posted on the blog, I don't count anything as official.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, ty.

G

she specifically said all 8 sims would get it it wasnt an inference she come right out and said all 8 sims would recieve amnesty gifts

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Perhaps she misunderstood when she was told all sims. Parizad does not make the decisions. She only passes along information she learns or is asked to share with us. Personally, I could care less what they give us. It is a gift.

G

Anyway dont seem to be the case here as what greg posted seems to be only about the future gifts well recieve on our accounts not amnesty. So the point is mute now. Dont get me wrong im not bashing anyone or saying anything bad. The way that post was written it made alot of people not just me think it had to do with the amnesty as well. Those devs are doing a great job and i pitty them some days with the posts on here... i admire and am very glad their here. Whats right is right and if what greg was saying meant the amnesty program as alot took it as well as myself then something should have been said and i said it.

Cause i seen it with my own eyes!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps she misunderstood when she was told all sims. Parizad does not make the decisions. She only passes along information she learns or is asked to share with us. Personally, I could care less what they give us. It is a gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I just got 1 Anniversary Gift, I'd be so very grateful.

If I got 8, I think it would somehow take away from the meaning of the gifts. Somehow, 3 for our original slots seems right.

(I wonder if our lava lamps will break and we die trying to fix them? hmmm....)

C

CarlosN

okay i activate my account with a time card on March 10, 2008 would that make me an EAland founder or an explorer?

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

okay i activate my account with a time card on March 10, 2008 would that make me an EAland founder or an explorer?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key here is whether or not it is a premium or free account. If you activate a premium account, then you will be considered a founder. If you activate just a free account, then you will be considered an EA Land explorer.

I hope that helps.

G

No, the simmies were for TSO. This is EA Land. Unless you are a TSO founder too. Then you would get a simmy with amnesty. It seems to me you asked that in another thread.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No I think writing is on paper, something physical not in a chat room.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you're saying that the ToS is not valid because it's not written on paper?
Interesting.

Somehow I doubt Pari would make such a sweeping and important statement like that without the approval of the higher ups.

Besides, it's all moot as it has been clarified that the amnesty program is not affected. All founder sims (up to 8) on the account will participate in the amnesty. After that, only a max of three on a founder acct. will receive future anniversary gifts.

G

Actually what I was saying is what Pari says in the TH is not nearly the same as receiving an ad from a company which is what her analogy consisted of. Of course electronic signatures are binding where ToS agrements are concerned. But I dont think the ToS says every word out of a devs mouth in game is official and always correct, nor does it say we can hold them to it in any way.

But alas you are right, since the subject isnt amnesty but new acct types and I havent seen any official post on the blog describing exactly how amnesty will work. Until then is all just speculation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually what I was saying is what Pari says in the TH is not nearly the same as receiving an ad from a company which is what her analogy consisted of. Of course electronic signatures are binding where ToS agrements are concerned. But I dont think the ToS says every word out of a devs mouth in game is official and always correct, nor does it say we can hold them to it in any way.

But alas you are right, since the subject isnt amnesty but new acct types and I havent seen any official post on the blog describing exactly how amnesty will work. Until then is all just speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is your opinion and, of course, you are entitled to it.
But I disagree - It could be fairly argued that information provided in-game by the person whose job it is to communicate with subscribers, is in fact, binding.
Although the ToS does not specifically say it *is* - neither does it say it *is not*.
But then, there is another "of course". Of course, it is unlikely there is anyone among the subscribers with the inclination and/or the resources to challenge them - and they know it.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

lol I am glad I am not the only one! Supposedly they stopped giving locks out for now? Not sure why... I've read it on here somewhere... I am also due another lock!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been getting my locks, so perhaps it's just another random bug.

G

what greg posted about was for future gifts not the amnesty program alot of people missinterpreted what he wrote he made a second post stateing the amnesty program is a tottally differnt thing then what he was posting about.

G

RTL

I read this as:

When your account reaches an anniversary you will get 3/1 gifts.

Amnesty and future anniversaries are not the same.

I am ready for 8!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Greg told me per acct not sim several weeks ago. I wasnt going to dispute Pari's statement after though. I was hoping she was right! Looks like Greg has made up his mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! Maybe Greg did save the economy from the inevitable fubar this would have caused! Yay Greg for catching this mistake *before* it happened instead of waiting until it happened and then trying to fix it, since the only way to fix it would have been a wipe and we *all* KNOW that would have pissed people off more.

Edit: OK after reading the rest of the thread maybe he didn't save the day as I hope he did, but there's still alot of time between now and amnesty so I really do hope they rethink the 14 (8 EAL/6 TC3) per account during amnesty. This will totally BLOW anniversary items being unique and rare, and the value they have in the economy for those who choose to get rid of them, so as to make it easier for those who *haven't* earned them yet to get them. If somebody wants to pay for what the rest of us have earned, fine, no problem but they SHOULD have to sincerely PAY and pay dearly, and with literally multiple thousands floating around in the city they won't have to pay much more than any other object in the game right now, which is BS.

I hope if nothing else, Greg and the team have the good judgement to make the anniversary objects NON-tradeable AND non-salable, even on store lots. Then those who want all their sims to have one can have one, and nobody will be able to get their hands on one too easily. This will mean the game has 3 less rares overall, but giving them to everybody in the game right now is going to destroy any rare value they have, so why not just go ahead and put the final ax on it all together.

G

<blockquote><hr>

RTL

I read this as:

When your account reaches an anniversary you will get 3/1 gifts.

Amnesty and future anniversaries are not the same.

I am ready for 8!

[/ QUOTE ]

No this means you will receive 3 gifts in EAL and 1 gift in TC3.

G

I agree. As for when we will receive any of it, the official word is in 2008.

I

imported_Spacey

Just hitting reply...

This amnesty concerns gifts we were given while we had 3 sims in TSO. Why would anyone expect that we would get an additional 5 gifts? Those additional EA sims did not have anniversary gifts before... why would they now?

Besides, they didn't have to give us amnesty to begin with. I think it was very generous to do.

G

My only thought is that people want to combat the tree farming problem. By receiving 8 trees (if your entitled to do so) would in some way combat that problem. But you are correct in your post. Why would someone expect to get 5 more gifts for sims that were not there before...

G

<blockquote><hr>

My only thought is that people want to combat the tree farming problem. By receiving 8 trees (if your entitled to do so) would in some way combat that problem. But you are correct in your post. Why would someone expect to get 5 more gifts for sims that were not there before...

[/ QUOTE ]
gee, I dunno.....
Because they told us so???

G

My motto is believe none of what you read, none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

I'll tell you a funny story. When my sister got married at the age of 20 to her 18 year old fiance the local paper printed her age as 10 in the announcement. Later that day when sitting in a local restaurant they overheard a couple discussing the wedding announcement. Comments along the lines of "its scandelous a girl that age getting married!" and "well it cant be true!" "of course its true its in the paper isnt it?!?!" My sister thought this was hilarious.

So just because someone tells you something, even in writing from a usually reliable source, it may or may not be true.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
gee, I dunno.....
Because they told us so???

[/ QUOTE ]

They are human and therefore not infalliable. I'd much rather them see an error and correct it *before* it happens rather than go "OMG we should have listened, now look what's happened" when they realize our economy (and yes Donavan I know you don't believe there is an economy but that belief is incorrect) is totally messed up by the influx of all these items, on top of the anniversary items that already merged in with sims, have totally obliterated the value of these items as rares, and rares are essential to keeping things going. I really really really hope they are reading threads like this and taking this into consideration, and I do plan on trying to track Greg down in game if I can find out the name of his sim since I don't know it in EAL, just in TC3, and giving him my opinion on it personally. If that conversation takes place I will be happy to post a quote of it here, but I do not know how to shoot screenshots....when I try they save in this funky format and when I try to convert them to jpg it just comes out squiggly lines, no legible graphics or text
. If somebody would like to PM me a step-by-step on what to do with Microsoft Paint I'd appreciate it. I'm one of the unlucky schmoes that doesn't have any version of PSP, something I *really* wish I did have LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My motto is believe none of what you read, none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

I'll tell you a funny story. When my sister got married at the age of 20 to her 18 year old fiance the local paper printed her age as 10 in the announcement. Later that day when sitting in a local restaurant they overheard a couple discussing the wedding announcement. Comments along the lines of "its scandelous a girl that age getting married!" and "well it cant be true!" "of course its true its in the paper isnt it?!?!" My sister thought this was hilarious.

So just because someone tells you something, even in writing from a usually reliable source, it may or may not be true.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that *is* funny, and ordinarily I would agree with you.
But I would like to remind you of the many discussions about the pub and it's purpose. How many times have we heard how the devs created the place in order to answer questions. And since they *are* the devs, they are the proper source for accurate info.
Now they aren't reliable?
Interesting spin.

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

&lt;snip&gt;.... If that conversation takes place I will be happy to post a quote of it here, but I do not know how to shoot screenshots....&lt;snip&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Download a program called SimCamera, works great, and takes screenshots with just a push of an assigned button!

I don't remember where I downloaded mine but here is a page I found by googling.

Jasmine

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure, but my concern is how they define the EA-Land Founders... Does the account have to be active and paid the entire duration between July 1, 2007 and April 30, 2008? Or is it sufficient for it to just be paid at any particular period of time within that range? For example: If I paid and played by account in January 2008, is that sufficient? Does the account need to be in paid status AS OF April 30, 2008?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you paid the whole time, you're a "founder," and if you paid during any of that time, then you're an "explorer."

[/ QUOTE ]

I read somewhere that if you pay during any of that time you're a founder, and if you play at all during that time you're an explorer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If you paid the whole time, you're a "founder," and if you paid during any of that time, then you're an "explorer."

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read it is:
A EAL founder is any (paid) active account between july 1st and april 30th.
Meaning if you paid for any time between those 2 dates you are a founder.

A explorer is any active account, meaning free players during that time.
Active means you just need to have been in the game.

No way would they have it so you have to have had an account paid and active that whole time. So many have been in EAL since it started and were not here in July.

If I am wrong can a dev please correct me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Copied from EA-Land Blog:

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Greg said,

on March 18th, 2008 at 8:24 am

&gt;&gt;…do I have to pay the whole time or just at some time between the dates?
Some. If you have had premium account at any time during the period then you are founder. For example, you subscribe now you would be considered a founder even if you been a free player up to this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the satement above from Greg will explain this!!