• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's up with this huge sim BF/GF thing?

P

PB Three

I can't believe how many people ask something like "Looking for a GF?" and such.
In fact, I had 2 random instances in just one day, within about an hour or two of eachother. They seem to revolve around "Anyone will do".

My theory is that they are insecure and looking for support.

PB Three

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

I've seen it also..but with new accts started every day in tc3, my theory is they are brand new and very young in age....

G

I've seen a lot of that too. Mostly girls looking for a sim boyfriend. The male sims are more like 'wazzup babe' and try to kiss your sim over and over. oO Doesn't matter to them that you're a stranger. Wonder if they ever check my bio, to see how old I really am....

I know what BF/GF stands for. However, a young girl who apparently is my new best friend, called me BFF. Could someone please tell me what that means? I didn't want to seem like an idiot in game for asking, so I'll do it here instead

P

PB Three

Yeah, I also thought that, forgot to add it to my original post.

This does make them perfect targets for sexual predators. New, probably insecure and young. Not good.

EDIT @ Kathy: I haven't even heard that abbreviation, let alone know what it means...

PB Three

D

dinaj

BFF , means best friends forever

I find the sim love thing disturbing lol, I have never played that way and all that lovey dovey talk in room chat has always turned my stomach. So I just try not to read it ...

G

Ahh, thanks dinaj!
Good to know! Guess I'm too old to know all the terms young'uns use

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Also...I think alot of girls are younger than you think...you can usually tell..I have a 12 yr old rooming with me in tc3...started to tell me her rl name...I said DO NOT give out any personal info to anyone on here....and you really shouldn't be playing this game....but she said her mother knows and lets her play...go figure.....

N

nobuttkisser

Something you fail to perceive... first off when TSO first came out just about 85 percent of the people playing sim not only were looking for BF/GF as you put it .... but some sims even went out to the point of setting up for lack of a better term Bordello's and charged sims for it.. these "house of ill repute (old school term)" made quite a bit of money. chalk that up to seeing what the limits of the game was at the time.

However, there are still a lot of women and men who still seek out other sims for a sim relationship mainly because there is the possibility that a lot of sim players are dissabled and are shut in so to speak. or a real life partner may not be at home due to either military duties out of the reach of the other, truckers on the road a lot of the times, widows, ect.

There was a time when a person would seek out a sim relationship and it would progress to the point of moving that "in game" into a "real world" relationship.

The sims like any other game online is a glorified chat room with activities that you can perform while communicating with the person on the other side of the other person's keyboard/mouse. Don't accuse the young totally on this matter. Insecurity has a major part of in game relationships. I'll only give stupidity a small piece to the point where two people choose to meet one another in real life without REALLY knowing each other.

I have seen real life divorces, breakups, intimate encounters, and marriage all evolve from this game we play.... lets face it... a lot of times one will use this anonimity to expand ones thought process into the fantasy of how we tend to play this game of TSO, however, remember whats in the mind comes to the lips and then in
to action... Good or bad, we are our own worst enemy. so if something happens in or out of game. we can't fault anyone but ourselves.

G

Remember, as well, that any player coming from the offline game, comes with certain expectations.
*That they must have a house to live in.
*That they must have a job.
*That they must have a GF/BF,leading to a sim spouse.
*That 'rosebud' will get them starting funds.

Those expectations are central features in the offline game, and it takes a while to adapt to playing with real people, rather than 'townies'.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Those expectations are central features in the offline game, and it takes a while to adapt to playing with real people, rather than 'townies'.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl that's funny... I had a sim visit my store in TC3, who kept typing 'rosebud.. rosebud' over and over. Forgot about that S1 cheat since it's been years since I've played it.. I thought they were a Citizen Kane fan doing an Orson Welles impression lol...

D

dinaj

you are not telling me anything I did not already know, I started playiing this game in 2002 and I have always felt this way. I have never condemed others for that style of play. I have always just silently left the keyboad entered my bathroom and blew chunks ...

M

Meggers

I was skilling one of my male sims when some young girl asked me to be her boyfriend. I told her she needed to be careful asking strangers to be her boyfriend especially since I am a 52 yr old female. You never know who is behind the sim. I really worry about kids playing these role play games. In the area where I live we had 3 teenage girls picked up by someone they met on the internet who they thought were teenage boys. All 3 girls were ****d and murdered. This took place in less than a year and I live in a small southern town.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have always just silently left the keyboad entered my bathroom and blew chunks ...

[/ QUOTE ] chew your food better

G

Althouhg I am still young and most people turn their backs when knowing my age is really hurting me. I just weirdly get jealous when looking at other people.
And on second hand, this is just a game where you suppose to have restaurants, banks, houses, gyms, not Skill Houses, Crafting Houses and Money houses, (And AFK shops). All I see is those type of houses.

This is just a silly game ! Not REAL LIFE, I don't care about real life here.

Although this seems little off topic.
Having a BF/GF is nice, I mean, you can talk to someone and well. if you are a normal RolePlay, having BF/GF means you can pretend that you have a husbend or soemthing.

I

imported_Founder

All I can say about dating in TSO: Its stupid.

The biggest problem is that 2 sides will never agree on the rules of this relationship. For example, one will assume that cyber sex is part of sim relatiosnip, while others wont. Some will assume that they cannot kiss other sims, while others will kiss anyone and anything, which will offend their partner.

Because TSO has an overwhelming female to male ratio, I been asked to sim date for the longet time, but I always respond with: Why would I want to limit myself to 1 person, when I can limit myself to the entire city? I'm single in RL, so I will flirt withi whoever I please in the the game, so why even go there?

Also, I won't even go into RL married people dating here, as a lot of them do things that their RL mates would not approve(Oh yes, I've seen a lot of those things.)

So yeah, I tried it a couple of times and knew it wasn't for me. If you like limiting yourself just to 1 sim in TSO, just like in jail, hey, morepower to ya!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The biggest problem is that 2 sides will never agree on the rules of this relationship. For example, one will assume that cyber sex is part of sim relatiosnip, while others wont. Some will assume that they cannot kiss other sims, while others will kiss anyone and anything, which will offend their partner.

Because TSO has an overwhelming female to male ratio, I been asked to sim date for the longet time, but I always respond with: Why would I want to limit myself to 1 person, when I can limit myself to the entire city? I'm single in RL, so I will flirt withi whoever I please in the the game, so why even go there?

Also, I won't even go into RL married people dating here, as a lot of them do things that their RL mates would not approve(Oh yes, I've seen a lot of those things.)

So yeah, I tried it a couple of times and knew it wasn't for me. If you like limiting yourself just to 1 sim in TSO, just like in jail, hey, morepower to ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you Founder.
Getting involved online is something that rarely ever works out good. And it usually causes more real life problems than its worth. I've rarely (although there are a few cases) have seen a successful relationship develop from in game.

Also, watching the way that women act to the few men in this game makes me sort of embarrassed to be a chick...

Take a cold shower ladies, he's probably 14/gay/or a woman anyway.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you Founder.
Getting involved online is something that rarely ever works out good. And it usually causes more real life problems than its worth. I've rarely (although there are a few cases) have seen a successful relationship develop from in game.

Also, watching the way that women act to the few men in this game makes me sort of embarrassed to be a chick...

Take a cold shower ladies, he's probably 14/gay/or a woman anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, Jackiee. lol Guy friends have told me that too often they find out the most aggressive chick turns out to be 12 or 13 year old jail bait. It's a minefield!

G

Honestly Dali... any time I have ever been on a male sim for whatever the reason I felt like the mack daddy of 6th grade.

G

I am not 14. Girls do not swarm all over me, mostly because I use an attitude that most people hate. I act like an [censored] to those that try to do anything of the dating sorts towards me. To all you that try to come near me to date, I have one thing for you-- [mfs]

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl that's funny... I had a sim visit my store in TC3, who kept typing 'rosebud.. rosebud' over and over. Forgot about that S1 cheat since it's been years since I've played it.. I thought they were a Citizen Kane fan doing an Orson Welles impression lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG....I would still be on the floor laughing if I had experienced that.

G

I swear.... some of those folks seem to search TSO for a mate cuz they keep striking out at their usual places........ funerals and family reunions.

G

I think in some ways it can be cute. But moreso it's just kind of awkward. . .I mean, TSO is a glorified chatroom, so chatting hours on end with a person who you can find interest in can get kind of confusing. If you share personal aspects of your RL with someone then, well, they become part of your real life. I have a personal experience with this, being so young when I started playing this game (I'm 18 now, but I was like 13 or 14 whenever beta came out), I met someone who was a big poster on these boards, and we became VERY close. To the point we had eachothers cell phone numbers and he would call me when he was on vacation because we couldn't stand to not talk to eachother for extended periods of time. I had suchhhhh strong feelings for him and he knew all of my secrets and everything about me in general. At one point I told him I thought I was falling in love with him, etc. Of course I didn't know what love was at the time but still, I had STRONG feelings for him. I would cry myself to sleep because I couldn't meet up with him and he was growing away from me. To be completely honest, I don't think I have/will ever fully recover from that. Of course I'm not that pathetic anymore but still, that was like the worst experience ever. My point is, engaging in something like that...having this online friend or whatever, they really become part of your entity. It's nothing to play around with. I mean, fortunately, he really was who he said he was but it is very dangerous because many people do lie, and you never really know who someone is in the online world. It can be especially devestating when you think you know someone and are very partial to them just to find out its this whole other person in RL, it can drive a person mad. It is just too much un-needed drama. I think a game should just be a game and you should have fun making friends and just playing. . . Keep it sweet, keep it simple.

and B, if you read this...much &lt;3, sorry I was such a clingy little girl :p.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

TSO is a place where you can make wonderful lasting INTERNET friends. And players would do well to keep things in prospective when 'falling in love' with a pixel.

However, TSO IS a very very very very dangerous place for people looking for more then just to hang out and enjoy playing a game with some internet friends, especially if a person is underage.

(I will also state that my son who is 16 has been banned for 6 months from TSO because of a 'relationship' that was starting on TSO. It wasn't actually his fault because he was being manipulated by an adult 45 year old piece of crap woman, but it was his fault for not walking away from it. So he will NOT be playing TSO again until about March.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

TSO is a place where you can make wonderful lasting INTERNET friends. And players would do well to keep things in prospective when 'falling in love' with a pixel.

However, TSO IS a very very very very dangerous place for people looking for more then just to hang out and enjoy playing a game with some internet friends, especially if a person is underage.

(I will also state that my son who is 16 has been banned for 6 months from TSO because of a 'relationship' that was starting on TSO. It wasn't actually his fault because he was being manipulated by an adult 45 year old piece of crap woman, but it was his fault for not walking away from it. So he will NOT be playing TSO again until about March.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oy Dutch, what a horrible woman

but rly did this woman know he was 16, was she ok with it?
How disgusting really. I've been friends with teenagers in this game, but none of them have ever charmed me enough to make me want to break a law.

That gepedda.
Sorry Dutch
Don't be too hard on your son. You know how hard it is for a guy to turn down a female. In any situation.

I can't even begin to go into the lying that goes on in these relationships. One person one side may be being genuine while the other is not. It makes anything anyone says hard to believe.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

He's had that problem a few times. When he was younger, he'd just do those 'fart' 'belch' 'drunk' emotes thing over and over....and they got the picture. He's idea of romancing the ladies was to kill himself at the factory over and over so they could keep reviving him. But he's older now and a little 'curious' so he's easy to prey on for these ladies maybe. So we have made it very clear on his bio that he's underage. But there are some players that just don't care. He's 16...he knows how to say "get the heck away from me" and definitely NOT give out phone numbers or email addresses to them.

I would say adults need to learn to back off, but ultimately we have to teach our kids when to say NO and walk away. So he's TSO grounded until at least March, because he has to learn the seriousness of messing around with adults on the internet.

All that said, he does prefer to use my girls because he is pretty much left alone in the game by 'overzealous' 'lonesome' women who really should be in an AOL chatroom somewhere instead of TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

He's had that problem a few times. When he was younger, he'd just do those 'fart' 'belch' 'drunk' emotes thing over and over....and they got the picture. He's idea of romancing the ladies was to kill himself at the factory over and over so they could keep reviving him. But he's older now and a little 'curious' so he's easy to prey on for these ladies maybe. So we have made it very clear on his bio that he's underage. But there are some players that just don't care. He's 16...he knows how to say "get the heck away from me" and definitely NOT give out phone numbers or email addresses to them.

I would say adults need to learn to back off, but ultimately we have to teach our kids when to say NO and walk away. So he's TSO grounded until at least March, because he has to learn the seriousness of messing around with adults on the internet.

All that said, he does prefer to use my girls because he is pretty much left alone in the game by 'overzealous' 'lonesome' women who really should be in an AOL chatroom somewhere instead of TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]

For years I have been shocked out how..... lonely for lack of a better word, women are on TSO. The fact that they willingly go to a 16 year old for companionship unnerves me.

I don't blame him for not saying no. boys will be boys. But honestly ... this woman I'm still in shock.

You've done the right thing though.

I don't know if I mentioned this up above, but recently a guy I know has started playing more. He gets a lot of girly action. I told him he should roll a girl character to see the amazing difference.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

You know what a babe magnet in TSO is? A bear!! They are bound to get action. LMAO

(Some of the girls don't know how to figure out what 'gender' they are until you take them swimming. So when my girl bear starts getting 'too much' interest from girl groupies...I take her for a swim and the groupies dump me like a ton of led.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know what a babe magnet in TSO is? A bear!! They are bound to get action. LMAO

(Some of the girls don't know how to figure out what 'gender' they are until you take them swimming. So when my girl bear starts getting 'too much' interest from girl groupies...I take her for a swim and the groupies dump me like a ton of led.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh I guess they like em hairy ... ew.

Well... the only action i want that involves a bear is on a bear rug.

That is very funny though that bears are found to be that desirable.
who knew?

When I would play Patricks sim the girls would flock... even though he had that godawful orange fro.

One thing TSO women are not is... picky I guess.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

No one I can ever recall has hit on my one guy. He has that green/red/black afro.

Now that he has a permanent bra and ripped up clothes....I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. hehe

G

I will!

I'll be all "how U doin?" Brooklyn style.

I like em eccentric.

G

I had one girl message me one day. It went something like this,

Her: u got a gf???
Her: helo?
Me: what?
Her: Hi Sexy!
Me: Hi.
Her: your hot! got a gf?
me: no. don't care.
her: o you gay?
me: no.
her: cool. wanna be my bf?
me: I said no.
her: your GAY!

then she put me on ignore.

I don't get what the whole deal with these BF/GF thing is either. It means nothing. Besides, I just don't think it's very safe. You never know when a guy about 20 something might be mackin on a girl around 14. It's creepy and gepedoish.

M

Meggers

--------------------------------------------------------

Thank God you are a parent who monitors her kid on the net. There are some sick twisted people who cruise kids in these games and chatrooms. But just tell your son that sim relationships/marriages usually end before the cake has time to rot.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

But just tell your son that sim relationships/marriages usually end before the cake has time to rot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, the cake is usually the best thing, too, flies and all. Especially in retrospect.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

But just tell your son that sim relationships/marriages usually end before the cake has time to rot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, the cake is usually the best thing, too, flies and all. Especially in retrospect.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO....My son has been married in TSO more times then Elizabeth Taylor has in real life!

All have them have been pretty funny and lasted just a day or two. They sit around talking about school, Yugi Cards, Anime shows they watch and that's about it. Once they find out he's a tightwad cause he's broke, they usually don't hang around long.

Recently, newbie girls are just looking for 'providers'. Old sims they think have a ton of money. Which my son has none of. He spends it as fast as he gets it. He also makes it clear that his mystic and tiger will go no where cause MOM will have his hide. I laughed till I thought I would pee one night....

Typical conversations with newbie teen girls:
The girl: "Hon, I need some money to buy an affie"
my son: "I think you'd better get a job then"
The girl: "FINE, I'm moving to AV!!!"
my son: "Good, you can get a job there then!"

or

The girl: Can I have your tiger?
My Son: NO! Get your own!

It's the ladies that set off the IM blinker that get my attention. What is so important they have to start a conversation with my son in IM and not roomchat, especially when they are a stranger.

I sit right next to him when he plays within easy site of his screen and when he is playing I can guarantee you that I probably have a sim hanging out somewhere nearby watching everything.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you haven't played Second Life, man in that game, you get gf/bf its weird but I don't do that cuz I'm married and dating a game data, SCARY ! lol

G

another insignificant issue about how some choose to play the game...as far as the 'minor' thing goes it's up to the individual to take some responsibility otherwise you will have to ban all online games and chat rooms...perhaps some players have one individual they look forward to hanging out with and talking to...tso has far bigger issues and the people who find sim relationships 'stupid' or make them 'blow chunks' are in the minority if you read bios, lol...play your game and don't worry about how people you don't know play theirs

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

I think there are way too many Pimp Daddy-O's in TSO. And Pimp Mommy-O's. I have only been in a TSO relationship ONCE. And he kept following me around and stalking me. So I broke up with him.

This is def. a problem that needs to be taken care of.

G

What is the problem?? 2 people having a relationship in an online game is their prerogative, and if you're not one of the two people, how does it involve you? I don't see how anything like this can be "taken care of". . .seriously why do some of you people have such a problem with the way other people play...if you don't like it, then don't participate in it. . .if you don't like tree farms don't go to them. . . the same with afk stores. . .and everything else people are pancakes on here about. . .I mean seriously, just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean someone else doesn't. . .yes you have to protect yourself from stalking and all that, it goes the same way with EVERY online game. . .but some people on here are just too damn self-righteous. . .yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the definitely doesn't mean everyone is going to agree with what you think. . .posters get so touchy when someone begs to differ, like its a personal threat to them or something. . its a game. . .if someone wants to have a significant other and put robert is my boo&lt;3 in their profile or whatever toots their flute I just don't see how it involves anybody else...

G

That covers it all right there.

Too many control freaks in this game is the only real problem.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes.

Way too many control freaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, thats why I played tso for the game (when I did), not to see if I get simmy married to some game data. That wasn't the reason for me or some to just buy the game

IMHO

M

mike1977

It has caused problems between me and a "friend" and has led to total loss of trust. Yup...I am the one hurt by his backstabbing. He kicked me out as a roomie and banned/ignored me so he could lock the place down and cheat on his RL girlfriend.

P

PB Three

I hate being descriminated by age. If they act like they shouldn't be online -- then don't let them! (If they are 35 years old even.) If they are perfectly fine and are obviously mature, then I feel it's OK to let them be online.

Being 16 1/2 and people talking all this crud about 17- shouldn't play games with sexuality (aka REALity), or violence or go online without having their parents looking over their shoulder at all times is totally bogus.

Parents should monitor the behaviour of their kids THEN make a decision -- not just by age.

I am trusted and I DO NOT abuse that trust.

Added: Mental maturity and age are totally different. I've met people over 30 who amaze me by their immaturity.

PB Three

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I hate being descriminated by age. If they act like they shouldn't be online -- then don't let them! (If they are 35 years old even.) If they are perfectly fine and are obviously mature, then I feel it's OK to let them be online.

Being 16 1/2 and people talking all this crud about 17- shouldn't play games with sexuality (aka REALity), or violence or go online without having their parents looking over their shoulder at all times is totally bogus.

Parents should monitor the behaviour of their kids THEN make a decision -- not just by age.

I am trusted and I DO NOT abuse that trust.

Added: Mental maturity and age are totally different. I've met people over 30 who amaze me by their immaturity.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

PB, "I knew you when" (when you were much younger). I remember you used to tell players who were inquisitive about your real life, "Sorry, I don't share any personal information" or you'd excuse yourself from a property where the convo or actions were "too mature" (which is a misnomer, lol). I was your buddy, and it was a long time -- and I think you asked your parents first -- before I got your email address. Would that all young players had your good sense, and parents who taught you well.

P

PB Three

Yeah, you're right. I've never given out much more than my real name (last name rarely), city and age. I've also grown up from the 'too mature' and actually don't mind most things... in the right mood.

You are right, if I'm taking you correctly: I should go back to a more conservative additude when asked about me. Anyways, if someone asked for my personal info aside from state and age I'd probably be thinking 'Nice try.'

PB Three

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, you're right. I've never given out much more than my real name (last name rarely), city and age. I've also grown up from the 'too mature' and actually don't mind most things... in the right mood.

You are right, if I'm taking you correctly: I should go back to a more conservative additude when asked about me. Anyways, if someone asked for my personal info aside from state and age I'd probably be thinking 'Nice try.'

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey PB... wanna be my sim bf? lmao. :p

~coy

G

I had a sim GF once. Name was Trisha'. I still talk to her on MySpace.

Nothin' wrong with online dating.