• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's Up With The Notifications

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone else not been getting their email notifications from this website? For some reason, they stopped coming.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They haven't been working for a long time now, atleast since august 2022. There were no messages back then when i got a privat message. I did check the server logs to make sure it wasn't any kind of blacklist or antispam software blocking these mails. I could not find any connection attempts from any mailserver when I got private messges. My chat partner didn't get any notification either.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
There might be a general problem with emails going in & out at stratics. Did anyone get any sort of notification lately?
A player on a german UO board (Ultima Online Bibliothek) wrote that he is not able to register a new account here for almost half a year now - did someone successfully register a new account in the last couple of weeks?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No Stratics emails are working right now, Xenforo doesn't have it's own mailer built in, and everything was setup through Google, but google killed out grandfathered status and wants us to pay a stupid amount each month. Nexus is working on something to replace it.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this disable password recovery for stratics entirely?

I'm hoping my old tablet stays signed in until this is resolved!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Does this disable password recovery for stratics entirely?

I'm hoping my old tablet stays signed in until this is resolved!
Yes, have someone message me and I can help get it changed if you get logged out.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Y'all gotta fix this lest ye become like the dumpster fire forums. Anything I can do to help I can but I imagine y'all are going to have to break down and get SendGrid or Mail Chimp or something. It's not a bad thing, it gives you a lot more control of your mailings. Just costs a bit.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No Stratics emails are working right now, Xenforo doesn't have it's own mailer built in, and everything was setup through Google, but google killed out grandfathered status and wants us to pay a stupid amount each month. Nexus is working on something to replace it.
It's been a while since I used XF, but doesn't or can't it use the servers built-in sendmail program?
I don't remember XF ever needing an external provider for emails.

Attachments