• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats up with SA and tamers

G

Goodoljoe

So about every peerless and named monster seems to do like quadruple damage to pets,you nerf GDS,and give EVERYONE 2 slots nightmares that require no animal lore and taming to use at all (VOLLEMS)...

HELLOOOOOOOO????????????????????? toc toc

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So about every peerless and named monster seems to do like quadruple damage to pets,you nerf GDS,and give EVERYONE 2 slots nightmares that require no animal lore and taming to use at all (VOLLEMS)...

God forbid a tamer can't just stand there and easy mode everything.

R

Radix

the vollem nightmare trained for all, is bad, but the damage that stigian dragon does to gd's is insane

G

guum

You see this in a lot of games...a class/build/template/whatever will get to the top of the perceived heap in terms of power (regardless of whether it is actually any more powerful than whatever else, what matters is perception), lots of people start playing it, those who don't want to/won't/can't play it complain, and come next expansion, there are a million little things designed to thin the herd of players of said class/build/template/whatever. Tamers had probably reached the peak of their power just before SA, and now they're on the downswing. Something else will rise, then fall. Etc. I like my tamer, and I'm not nuts about shelving him (and probably won't), but the writing's definitely on the wall, as far as I can tell.

H

house4saleUO

Lets be honest now, most of the nerfs in this game are due to PVP. Last major nerf I recall was with archer/necros. You used to be able to precast a necro spell and have conc blow set. As soon as you targeted the foe you could do over 80 damage to them. Other templates for PVP quicky raised there hands and called unfair and poof archery was nerfed. Do you rember the 8/8 casting days??? Mage walked up to you precasted explosion, then casted double flamestirkes poof your dead. Melee chars raised flag, poof magery nerfed. Its a continuing cycle. Tamer/archer with a GD, set GD on guard hit foe with Heavy dismount with some ungodly mods foe runs GD spams fs explosion poof foe dead. Complaints fly poof Taming nerfed. Be patiant tamers will be atop once again when the cycle rebounds.

H

HippieMagic

This is just part of the inherent problem with a skill based MMO... Flexibility makes it literally impossible to maintain balance with any addition. While it is much easier to balance the game perfectly then leave it untouched people become bored and you lose players. To keep them you have to add more skills, pets, or items... Then an oversight allows a certain combo to flourish. This causes issues and requires nerfing to allow for balance. I kind of like the whole idea of buffing up templates to be on par with some of the better templates. You should play what you enjoy not what gets you the easiest kill.