• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats the rule on disrupt ?

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok to the best of my knowledge , you get disrupted when something hits you . so to counter that you need a weapon skill . iether wresling or use a mage weapon to convert your magery.

my mage is using wresling . hes currently 101 real . however i notice hes still getting disrupted all the time . is wresling just useless below legendary ?
or whats the scoop here ? am i better off using protection and spending those wresling points elsewhere ?
same thing goes for my tamer , hes using the swords of prosperity to convert his 104 magery. still he gets disrupted over the slightest thing. what am i missing here?

thanks

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

Cast the Protection spell upon yourself.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

you wont kill anybody using magery if you have protection on. the spells just cast way to slow and unless you're fighting a noob youll get blasted just trying to heal yourself against a 30 ssi dexxer swinging at 1.25

More dci, everybody in pvp is using 120 skill fighting that 100% for sure, so if you are 100 you're gonna get hit a lot.

Plus anybody who relys on hitting for damage is usally wearing hci stuff. Just get used to it.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye i dont want to use protection . besides slowing me down it kills phis resist and resisting spells ... im well aware of its negatives . grr

so basicly im using wresling to reduce my chance of getting hit . but im still probably gonna get hit half the time ... but thats still better than getting hit all the time ... is that about it?

G

DP helps a lot actually, getting those pesky archers to drop that bow.

G

yep thats about it. and against certain templates like the bushido high damage type you're gonna get hit ALL the time with around 100 fighting skill cause theyll definatly be wearing HCI

If you're gonna have wrestling might as well go 120 or else you should have 120 magery and be using a -0 mage weapon.

G

Most dexxers will use HCI, so even at 120 vs 120, with 20 HCI a dexxer has a 60% chance to hit you....making DCI very helpful as well.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks , i plan to . hes got a 10 scroll now , im using that to build wresling for now . ill get a 20 wresling when i can afford it . ill try to pick up some "throw away" defense chance too.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh yeah . he just hit 80 poisoning this evening
>:)

and yeah i know the 200 rule ... thats annother scroll ill have to wait til i can afford. working skill on a 10 magery now

JasmineSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to get to 2/6 casting with the protection spell on?

If I were equipped with a 1/3 ring, brace, and a swords of prosperity (1/3 +1/3 + 1/0 - protection penalty) would I be at 2/6?

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

Is it possible to get to 2/6 casting with the protection spell on?

If I were equipped with a 1/3 ring, brace, and a swords of prosperity (1/3 +1/3 + 1/0 - protection penalty) would I be at 2/6?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you can't stack fc/fcr to make up for the loss with protection however, I do think you can stack your physical resist and magic resist to help make up for what you lose on those while using protection.

G

its not the casting alone that gets dropped by 2, the casting cap does as well. you can run 2/6 with protection for spellweaving, ninja and chivalry spells.