• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what's the difference between sampire equipment and pure paladin equipment?

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello mates. It has been been a long time since I don't play a dexxer so my question is if there is any difference between the sampire and pure paladin(120 chival, 120 parry, 120 swords,120 anatomy, 120 tactics, 120 healing) equipment apart from de 4/6 pure paladin. I'm currently raising a pure paladin and He will be ready for some action soon, but first i need to find a decent or minimun equipment for him.

I've been reading some guides in this forums like My Setup: The Purest Paladin Ever and http://stratics.com/threads/corwinxxs-warriors-guide-for-new-and-returning-players.303962/ both are interesting and are helping me a lot but i got some questions about my gear.

1- I need 4/6 for my pure paladin, I heard about to use and ornament of the magician , will be useful until i find some fc3 fc1 hci/dci dmi jewels?
2- With 4/6 will be worth it to cast protection?

Thank you guys and sorry for my bad english. English is not my native language.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Add 15 points of physical to offset the protection physical resist penalty and run 2/6 casting instead of 4/6 and use something more dexxer oriented than the ornament of the magician. 2/6 will be plenty fast and your spells won't be interruptible.
With a sampire, you need to have 90 fire resist on your suit to offset the -25 fire resist from vampire form. That is not needed on the paladin build. But you need 85 physical if you are running protection (90 if you refine your suit to 75 physical).

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't run protection AND 2/6. Protection drops 15% phy resist AND -2 fast casting. From what I read, you can't get negative fast casting from using protection, so just run 0/6 with protection.

Some paladins plan to spam divine fury which adds HCI, SSI, DI but drops DCI. Finally, paladins use a shield which also add some DCI, SSI, or DI. You need to rework your armor to account for both of those

Paladins using a 1h weapon can also run mace fighting instead of swordsmanship. Both have pros and cons. Sampires usually run swords because it has both the best 2h armor ignore weapon AND double swing weapon.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Protection doesn't give you a -2 FC penalty. It reduces your FC *CAP* by 2, so a mage needs 0 FC and a Paladin needs only 2.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
ahhh I didn't realize it only drops the CAP. That's pretty sweet.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1- I need 4/6 for my pure paladin, I heard about to use and ornament of the magician , will be useful until i find some fc3 fc1 hci/dci dmi jewels?
The best way to get 4 FC was 2 from bracelet + 1 from ring + 1 from shield. I'm not sure about new artifacts... how are you going to get 4 FC with only 1 FC on your bracelet?

2- With 4/6 will be worth it to cast protection?
To get 4/6 you must go without protection. With protection you can reach 2/6 only.

pure paladin(120 chival, 120 parry, 120 swords,120 anatomy, 120 tactics, 120 healing)
If you get 4/6 Resisting Spells is more useful than Healing. With 120 Healing and 0 Resisting Spells I'd prefer 2/6 and Protection.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can have +1 fc on your weapon.
There is also a helmet with +1 fc, and +2 fcr. i just dont think its worth using.
An alternative way to get +1 fc is to get the city bonus (alot of the pvp community uses this, so its almost always avaiable)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With protection on your FC will be 0. Even if you roll with +10 FC (for magery).

Last edited:

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another question. Will be possible to adjust a pure paladin equipment for a garg?

PD:Sorry I cannot edit my last post because i got a spam error lol

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gargoyles are generally a bad choice for melee. They can't ride Swamp Dragons (so no 20% Damage Reduction from Swampy Armor), their selection of weapon types mostly sucks, there are several great Artifacts that they can't use, and they miss out on the +5 Energy Resist cap and +20 Mana that Elves have.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Very possible to make it gargoyle and a good choice, they have some useful perks such as 5 HCI and 2 MR, easier/cheaper gear (Breastplate vs Tinker Legs), higher base resists on armour meaning you don't usually need to Imbue any at all.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I asked about it because my main is a gargoyle and I can swap some useful altered arties like crimson cincture, I know making my main gargoyle was maybe a ¿mistake?. just out of curiosity the best weapons i looted are for gargs.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've never seen a 'good' looted weapon for any true melee'r. When you say 'best' weapon, can you post us an example.