• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] What's the deal with..

M

Mairut

..Casting Evs? It seems a bit funny that my char can bring someone back from the dead via res 99% of the time, but has trouble casting EVs successfully(without fizzling) less than 50%. It seems slightly easier when casting onto a flat surface for some reason...
Nobody I've talked to has an answer for this, so I had the brilliant idea to ask here :p
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..Casting Evs? It seems a bit funny that my char can bring someone back from the dead via res 99% of the time, but has trouble casting EVs successfully(without fizzling) less than 50%. It seems slightly easier when casting onto a flat surface for some reason...
Nobody I've talked to has an answer for this, so I had the brilliant idea to ask here :p
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
You have the exact same chanse of casting an EV as you have casting ressurection.
Its probably just someone casting and/or hitting you when you are in a spawn area casting EV's.

Its not that hard to try for your self is it? Cast 1000 EV's and count the Fizzles and then do the same with Ress.
Or maybe just maybe buy a 120 magery PS. Problem solved ;)

M

Mairut

My magery is at 110 right now. Unfortunately I dont have the gp to buy a 120 yet (waiting to sell stuff at an auction this sunday). Its easy to tell when you're fizzling because your being whacked on if you have your sounds volume on and you're paying attention...and I wouldn't be asking this question here if I knew that was why I'm fizzling EVs.
I still cant explain the suspicion that it seems easier to cast EV onto a flat surface several squares away from any dead bodies, than on bumpy ground (with or without the bodies).

Now to find someone willing to pk a 1000 people in yew so that I can try your other suggestion...(jk! :p)

Thanks for replying :thumbsup:

G

gramarye

Mairut, buy a 115 scroll. Good value over a 120 and you fizzle so little with EVs that you won't worry 'bout it.