• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats the best way to report a scammer if you were scammed while trading?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not sure if its cool to post a persons name or icq so im just trying to find out what the best way is to let people know to avoid a specific person regarding x-shard trading

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Stratics stance is:

C. Scammer Accusations
When you get scammed, often your first reaction is to warn others so that it doesn't happen to them too. Although you have good intentions, we ask that you do not post anything about who scammed you as these accusations are really just one posters word against another. UO allows for many chars on the same shard to have the same name, so you could inadvertently spoil an honest persons reputation. Or someone could post that someone they disliked was a scammer and ruin their reputation when it is not true.

Personally i say post users contact info IE: icq#/aim# ,however u guys spoke to arrange trade since that would be unique to that user and not based on stratics multi-name. Some trade sites do have a scammer list (not sure i can even list site with Stratics regulations) but at this time Stratics doesn't post scammer lists. But since I dont make the rules I would follow section C above

Sorry to hear about your bad trade . . . been there done that

K

KoolAidAddict

im not sure if its cool to post a persons name or icq so im just trying to find out what the best way is to let people know to avoid a specific person regarding x-shard trading
1. Chalk it up. It has happened to all of us who trade sooner or later.

2. Add fool to your contact device but make sure to name them a NO_NO and every trading option when said fool posts, feel free to pop in a little "Dont do it" for all to see.

3. Option 3 is go for it.....stratics will either let it be or delete it, and youll have the answer....one way or the other!!