• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats the best stat set up for the cu sidhe with new stuff so far???

jrok512

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just curious as to what has been the best set for cu sidhes in the new stuff, pvm style

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would guess maxing out the important resists, adding a bunch of HP, max dex and stam, add life steal and maybe some increased skill caps. If you want more damage, then I'm not sure yet

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have 2 Cus, one with Chiv, one without. Both work very well and are second in damage only to my Rune Beetle.
So much so that I wonder, between Runie, Cu and GD, is there even anything worthwhile?
Currently working on my Tsuki Wolf in the hopes that he'll dish out some mean damage with Necro, but the skill is rising so slowly, it's gonna take a long time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have 2 Cus, one with Chiv, one without. Both work very well and are second in damage only to my Rune Beetle.
So much so that I wonder, between Runie, Cu and GD, is there even anything worthwhile?
Currently working on my Tsuki Wolf in the hopes that he'll dish out some mean damage with Necro, but the skill is rising so slowly, it's gonna take a long time.
You can raise fire steeds to be mean killing machines against stuff who are weak to fire.
I just wish we could remove fire breath from them.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can raise fire steeds to be mean killing machines against stuff who are weak to fire.
I just wish we could remove fire breath from them.
I'd think a fire beetle would be a better choice - 100% fire and I believe you can put rune corruption on it.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Fire Steed sounds like an option.

I got a Saurosaurus at 5 slots, but frankly, it can't hold a candle to my Runie for damage and if I need a tank, might as well go with the Cus, those can at least be ridden. There's no significant difference in tankyness.
My Dread Spider is slowly slogging along and probably a lost case. Can't have her survive in a spawn when I have to retreat for invis, can't drag her along when pulling masses of spawn.
My Skree never got the damage up enough. It has Mysticism, but it mostly casts Sleep, every other damage cast delivers lower damage than the normal autohits.
I tamed a Stygian Drake and while it looks nice, it's already at 4 slots and very lackluster in both the tank and damage department. Damage might be fixable with enough training (skills), but survivability is subpar - same for my White Wyrm.
Nightmare is, when it's done, a ridable GD with probably less damage.

I might end up with 5, 6 variations of Cus, some pets for very special purposes and my Runie for when I farm cash or as damage dealer and debuffer in a team.

Edit: My Cu even casts Close Wounds at me when I'm out of range for a bandie.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm in the process of testing out some combinations on the Cu. Conductive Blast seem like a good idea, the Cu being 50% energy damage and Conductive hitting me for -35 energy resist... however I was unable to see Conductive working on a monster at all so don't know if it's a flat -35 or based on something else.

I'm probably going with Discord for all/most pets as I don't really want them wasting mana on Chiv on a plethora of skills when I want them to focus on a certain behaviour.

I also tested out a fairly maxed out Hiryu for Armour Ignore and felt 100 damage was underwhelming for that so probably won't use that.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a Saurosaurus at 5 slots, but frankly, it can't hold a candle to my Runie for damage
I have not trained up my rune beetle yet, but my king of dps so far is a pack of hell hounds. With new "As One" mastery they can tank an allosaurus. The significant downside is that to keep this mastery going you need 120 Med and Focus on top of 30 MR, so it gimps your template quite a bit.
My Dread Spider is slowly slogging along and probably a lost case. Can't have her survive in a spawn when I have to retreat for invis, can't drag her along when pulling masses of spawn.
You don't think you'll be able to get it's HP and resists into tankable territory?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
templates.png

1. I screwed up my favorite dog and put max HP. It kills individual things. Balrons, GD etc. No room for mana... I'm saving stage 2 for later.
2. I didn't learn and screwed this one up too. I put Discordance and armor ignore on it. No mana...
3. I got better. I didn't go crazy with the HP. I put Angry fire and armor ignore on it. Works great.
4. I decided to try spellweaving has 120 weaving and repel lots of mana and regen.
5. Chivalry here. has armor ignore, and tail swipe.
6. This is a hiryu. It has armor ignore and Mysticism. An equivalent Cu could have more Mana, they start with more.

All of these are equal to a fully trained decent Greater Dragon. They can go to champs Mel, Medusa and such.

To put on magery your pet needs Magery, Eval Int, and Meditation. A Cu only has meditation. So Magery will cost 1000 points. You could sacrifice hit points.

You can put Mysticism, Chivalry, or Spellweaving on a Cu for 500 points.

I put phy, fire, and energy resist to 80. Add some power scrolls and regens.

start temp.png

This is a Hiryu but is has good starting numbers for end of the first round. for any 3 > 5 pet.

For the second round I could do anything.

I think we will find that the Strength, Mana, Hit points and Intel will be the main things to get correct. Whatever correct is.

Good Luck. I love Cus!

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want magery you can find a pet that already has it. Just look on this screen to see what you already have.

This one has finished first round. I only needed one point for Magery. I put armor ignore and repel on it also. I put repel because they seem to get hit for lots of HP.
It died a lot during round 1.

bake.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trained a rune beetle to stage 1. I put 800 str and put a couple resists up and ran out of points. It now shows fully finished, it didn't let me train again... Are there some 4 slotters. That was the only 1 I have so I assumed with its low HP it was a 3 slot.

Or did I screw up and increase the Hp in round 1 and go to round 2 and forgot and jacked the HP again.... It just has 800 HP and 2 increased reists.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I let mine walk in crowds like the mages in Blackthorns. I'm not sure what level mobs you have to have them attack to raise it tho. But mine casted a lot when in the crowd.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone know a faster way to level chiv on your cu? hes sitting at 43.5 for a while now.
The slimes in underworld seem to draw alot of holy light from my pets with Chiv.

Turbo

Adventurer
You can wait until swoop goes over the rocks where your cu cant melee it then tell it to attack. Both will just stand there while you cu keeps casting chiv spells and will barely damage it with the aoe from holy light. If it has good mana regen it shouldnt have to wait for mana. Its boring though.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meanwhile, I regret giving 1300 mana to my second cu. At any given moment during combat, it barely uses 100 mana!

I gave Armor Ignore and Steal Life. Not sure how Steal Life actually works, but I dont hear any sound of it, and the cu only does AI every 15 seconds (or usually much longer).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meanwhile, I regret giving 1300 mana to my second cu. At any given moment during combat, it barely uses 100 mana!

I gave Armor Ignore and Steal Life. Not sure how Steal Life actually works, but I dont hear any sound of it, and the cu only does AI every 15 seconds (or usually much longer).
I'm not sure whats going on with Mana, Sometimes it doesn't drop, then its always 28ish. We were fighting Navrey and my nightmares mana would drop but the tanks mana wasn't dropping and they have magery and AI.

I kinda stay in the 600 to 900 range. This is my first nightmare, I hope I have figured out a decent mana setting when I get to stage 2.

celtic

Visitor
Do you need high manna and manna regen on dogs for them to use disko? I thought disko requires disco, music. Do we/can we add music skill to dogs?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you need high manna and manna regen on dogs for them to use disko? I thought disko requires disco, music. Do we/can we add music skill to dogs?
No music skill is required or available. It costs 500 points. They don't spam it often so I cant answer the mana part.

Copy yourself to TC1.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm in the process of testing out some combinations on the Cu. Conductive Blast seem like a good idea, the Cu being 50% energy damage and Conductive hitting me for -35 energy resist... however I was unable to see Conductive working on a monster at all so don't know if it's a flat -35 or based on something else.

I'm probably going with Discord for all/most pets as I don't really want them wasting mana on Chiv on a plethora of skills when I want them to focus on a certain behaviour.

I also tested out a fairly maxed out Hiryu for Armour Ignore and felt 100 damage was underwhelming for that so probably won't use that.
When you chose Discord, did it lose everything else ? Thats what the message says and scared me off from trying it on something that already had other skills that I didnt want to lose.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 66264

1. I screwed up my favorite dog and put max HP. It kills individual things. Balrons, GD etc. No room for mana... I'm saving stage 2 for later.
2. I didn't learn and screwed this one up too. I put Discordance and armor ignore on it. No mana...
3. I got better. I didn't go crazy with the HP. I put Angry fire and armor ignore on it. Works great.
4. I decided to try spellweaving has 120 weaving and repel lots of mana and regen.
5. Chivalry here. has armor ignore, and tail swipe.
6. This is a hiryu. It has armor ignore and Mysticism. An equivalent Cu could have more Mana, they start with more.

All of these are equal to a fully trained decent Greater Dragon. They can go to champs Mel, Medusa and such.

To put on magery your pet needs Magery, Eval Int, and Meditation. A Cu only has meditation. So Magery will cost 1000 points. You could sacrifice hit points.

You can put Mysticism, Chivalry, or Spellweaving on a Cu for 500 points.

I put phy, fire, and energy resist to 80. Add some power scrolls and regens.

View attachment 66265

This is a Hiryu but is has good starting numbers for end of the first round. for any 3 > 5 pet.

For the second round I could do anything.

I think we will find that the Strength, Mana, Hit points and Intel will be the main things to get correct. Whatever correct is.

Good Luck. I love Cus!
How did you give the first one a 4 word name ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you chose Discord, did it lose everything else ? Thats what the message says and scared me off from trying it on something that already had other skills that I didnt want to lose.
A Cu does not have the ability choices that cause it to lose something.

These are the one that will remove pet abilities because they add more than 2.

Piercing
Trains the creature in the bleed, armor ignore, and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Pierce & Thrust mastery abilities.
Bashing
Trains the creature in the mortal strike, concussion, and disarm special moves. Also trains the creature in the Toughness & Stagger mastery abilities
Slashing
Trains the creature in the nerve strike, armor ignore, and disarm special moves. Also trains the creature in the Focused Eye & Onslaught mastery abilities.
Battle Defense
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Heightened Senses & Shield Bash mastery abilities.
Wrestle Mastery
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Knockout & Rampage mastery abilities.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just remember the message saying something like "If you choose this all other skills will be wiped " or something like that.
Probably the standard box that pops up for all of them. None of the ones I made above lost bleed or healing.

You have to train up the Disco.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably the standard box that pops up for all of them. None of the ones I made above lost bleed or healing.

You have to train up the Disco.
I was referring to actual skills being lost, like Myst ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was referring to actual skills being lost, like Myst ?
You can only have 1 Magical choice!

You cant have chiv and myst. Myst and discord.

So DONT DO IT! lol sorry

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can only have 1 Magical choice!

You cant have chiv and myst. Myst and discord.

So DONT DO IT! lol sorry
Ok good to know, i think it was on a skree I had , and was afraid it would lose mage/med/eval/myst/focus etc all for Discord.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok good to know, i think it was on a skree I had , and was afraid it would lose mage/med/eval/myst/focus etc all for Discord.

You walked into the Cu tread. So, we assumed you meant a Cu. But it still applies, and I'm sure people have done it. You can choose Myst, then disc, then myst ,and disc until you run out of points....

Ya its not a perfect menu.

I'm looking forward to a skree to bond. Go to TC1 first. Good luck

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
on the topic of Cu's does anyone know if you put Poison onto a Cu if that uses mana????
Venomous Bite or Poison??

thinking of adding this to my Cu but not sure if i need to bump up the mana and MR because of it.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cold Wind cost 0 points to add...it's on the lore menu, but I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything. Anyone know? Is there a special graphic that goes off?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
on the topic of Cu's does anyone know if you put Poison onto a Cu if that uses mana????
Venomous Bite or Poison??

thinking of adding this to my Cu but not sure if i need to bump up the mana and MR because of it.
upload_2017-5-7_16-40-2.png

I'm sure this is a good Cu. They will use mana. Some smart person will come up with the proper amount of mana, int, regen that we need. Havent heard about it yet.

So, put the hit points you need fill in all the other things you want and put the rest in Mana.

Diamonas

Journeyman
My Current pets have 100 Meditation and 100 Focus with Stamina Regen 30 and Mana Regen 30. I have 0 Mana/Stamina issues or swing speed issues ATM.
Will eventually 120 both.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Current pets have 100 Meditation and 100 Focus with Stamina Regen 30 and Mana Regen 30. I have 0 Mana/Stamina issues or swing speed issues ATM.
Will eventually 120 both.
How much mana do they have?