• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's new since last summer? thinking about returning

H

HarryHarry

I'm thinking about playing UO again and have couple quick questions.

1. I canceled my account in April 2007, will my characters still be there if I reactivate? Since it took me years to built up an elder tamer, smith ... etc.

2. Any new mechanics since then? I'm not big into PvP, but I occasionally go Dooming or farming for items with my tamer. Any new dungeons/lands introduced? Crafting changes? ... etc.

3. Any suggestions on things to try, or fun stuff to do in the game? I heard Catskills are starting up Friday night hunts again, I used to participate and it's sorta fun... any other events?

4. What's going on with UO's economy these days? when I left the game, people were dropping million checks and leaving in droves. I myself took a much needed break and gave away most of my goodies. Is there still a market out there to buy/sell things?

Well, that's enough questions for now. I appreciate any help in answering my questions.

S

Sunrise

I'm thinking about playing UO again and have couple quick questions.

1. I canceled my account in April 2007, will my characters still be there if I reactivate? Since it took me years to built up an elder tamer, smith ... etc.

I beleive if you open it with your same account and password they should be there with there stuff in the bank that you left in the bank when you left.

E

Enkrypted

I Just returned about 2 months ago. After being gone since 2004.

Gave them my old username, e mail account, and credit card info. Got my old account back. Came in to find I still had all my characters as I had left them, but a lot of items were gone. My gold, and spellbooks were the most notable. If you read the returning member FAQ's, you can find that they don't guarantee the items, but they do guarantee the characters.

I am unable to answer number 2, as I wasn't there last year.

I don't play Catskills, i'm an Atlantian. Which is still the most active shard. There are a few guilds that still do the Dungeon runs and Champ spawns on the weekends.

As for the economy. It's thriving right now. Although, a lot of things can tend to be far too overpriced. But that's just smart shopping. Don't buy the outrageous stuff.

A lot of shards still have a fair amount of housing space available, even Atlantic.

Hope to see you return, we need to bring the vets back in. I'm learning new things every day. :scholar:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think all thats changed is now there are super dragons, and 9 new plants to grow...

H

HarryHarry

Thanks for responding to my questions. I think if I still have my characters, I can get back into the game quickly... even if all items/gold are gone from account.

a few more question, are those super dragons tamable? any new macros implemented by UO? I'm not too crazy into growing plants, but thanks for the info.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for responding to my questions. I think if I still have my characters, I can get back into the game quickly... even if all items/gold are gone from account.

a few more question, are those super dragons tamable? any new macros implemented by UO? I'm not too crazy into growing plants, but thanks for the info.

New Greater Dragons are tamable, uses up the 5 pet slots so you can't ride a mount. If I am not mistaken, they take an average of around 105 or so tame/lore to control well. New targeting macro and possible bandage self in UO's macro's since you left.

S

Sarphus

You missed some event stuff. Vanguards were spawning and you could kill them and tame their mount. They ride a 3 slot nightmare that hits pretty hard and has a lot of hp. There's no official word whether we've seen the last of vanguards, but SA is coming and the event arc isn't over...

You missed a clean up britannia event where you could turn in stuff and get 3 new armor sets as well as some house deco stuff.

The last event in the story arc hasn't started yet, so you have a little time to get on your feet if you hurry. The devs have said it will be an epic event.

Pet AI has changed. By default pets will not auto-defend while in follow mode. You can toggle auto defend on by issuing a pet guard command and back off again by telling your pet to stop. If you tell your pet to kill something it will be in attack mode and will auto-defend until you issue a follow command. Being a tamer, I think you will LOVE that new feature.

The SA expansion is looming on the horison, but little has been released about it. You can go to www.uo.com and click the banner (SA ad) to see most of what's been officially said about SA so far. Also the devs are redoing the KR client's UI and calling it the SA client. They've heard our feedback about how the KR UI doesn't work for most UO players.

We just got pub 55, which was planned to be an epic publish, but the devs bumped all the event content back a publish because they want to make sure it's done before they release it. Instead, 55 was some new plants, bug fixes and I forget what else. Not particularly exciting.

I'm glad they put the event content on hold till it's ready. I think they should always bump stuff back if it's not done.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There was also a lot of crafting changes, including some BOD fixes, lower amounts of iron BODs for 110 & 120 smiths, and major boosts to the intensities for both smith & tailor runics.