• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's happened to the old way of trading?

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's happened to the old way of trading?

I've been trading for 10+ years, in the past I'd go to Sweet Dreams Inn in Britannia on all shards and always meet up with other traders. We'd chat, we'd trade we'd say we'll trade next time and we'd move on.

Now I'm hard pushed to find anyone trading the 'old way'.

I have 7 chars on all shards and want Europa 14h anni gifts, I also have older gifts on some shards.

I also have a blue/black picnic basket on Napa and would like one on Europa.

I am going to wait outside Sweet Dreams Inn on Trammel Europa and see if anyone pops by for a trade, maybe we'll meet up!

Atlantic, Origin and Yamoto have now gone.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back outside Sweet Dreams on Europa Trammel. If anyone wants to pop by and trade please feel free. I'll be here for a while hopefully!

atlanticScorpion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be time to switch locations. Alot of people start out in have or had to a few years back so the just log in to get there gifts and never move. Or smoe like me make the short run to the gate and end up in Luna at the bank.

P

Panda99

Im not sure if I got what u feel, if its something other than yearning what the old days were. I love sweet dream inn too, not only it is the most appropriate name used, its also the place "you born, live and die".

But what ppl want now is efficiency, especially when u have X a/c with all 7 chars on all shards (well, not me tho), it works really well in luna when u can log n bank in no time, so maybe just spend some hrs running all the chars to moongate, and save u much time in the future. That's what i did, and we can still chat in luna isnt it:hug:

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand what you are saying about Luna but I spent hours walking all my characters on all the shards to Sweet Dreams and I don't have enough game time to do the same to Luna!

Back outside Sweet Dreams on Europa Trammel. If anyone wants to pop by and trade please feel free. I'll be here for a while hopefully!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Soo...you have time to sit at Sweet Dreams for hours on end waiting for noone..but you don't have time to move all your chars to Luna...

:dunce:

might wanna re-think things a bit :wall:

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally, I prefer to find my trading partners by:

1) contacting my past successful traders or
2) Using people I meet here--especially on the honest trader list.

The only times I was ever ripped off (like twice in a zillion trades was by doing it the old-fashioned way :)

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try to be as time conscious as possible, and not only have my xshard traders logged upstairs at Luna but I endeavor to have all 21 tickets/gifts all on one char in a bag to ensure one easy and fast transaction.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just about everyone that is on the reliable trader list on my ICQ list organized by shard name and so far I have removed 3 people from my ICQ list that are on the reliable list. They are still trustworthy but I have traded with these people in the past many time but this last gift go round they decided not to trade with me but with someone else. So this way at Christmas time I don't waste my time ICQing them I just move on to a different person from the reliable list for that shard.