• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's going on in Catskills these days...

• Thread starter Lady_Kattalina
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lady_Kattalina

I popped back into UO today and Catskills seems pretty dead. Maybe it's my time logging on or I checked the wrong towns. I thought I'd check out the forums to see what's been happening the past few months. Anything significant?

Looking for a decent guild to join too.. gaming isn't much fun without socializing. (Not for me anyway) Not interested in PvP or RP... maybe a nice crafter's guild.. something sociable-like. I'm all for helping players out, but don't really get into the killing and looting people tactic and RPing got old to me after I got out of grade-school..

Anyway.. hope all's well in Catskills. :D

D

DPudding

I just came back. Most log in every two hours to kill a shadowlord. Everyone else goes back to scripting or killing things unattended for ToTs.

B

Beleg Megil

Must be going to the wrong places, because there is something going on every night at either the Faire Grounds over by the West Brit Farms, or the player run towns like Aegis (which was just invaded Tuesday night.). Then again, its mostly RP and you said that is childish to you. There is plenty of socializing and crafters/vendors sitting the Luna Bank and a few people hang out in New Haven.

Lots of threads in this section detailing who is where and what events are going on. Check them out.

*Edit* Here's a link to the Festival Schedule. Tonight is a poetry contest and standup comedy. Good place to meet people. :)
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=148657

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now a lot of people are off at the shadowlords event, or hunting for artifacts in Tokuno. The current hang out for the banksitters is Luna. On the weekends, and after normal work hours it's usually fairly populated. I think your timing must be the cause of the dead appearence of the shard.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills is far from dead. Check the current events and you will find people. Check New Haven or Britain Bank. And welcome back!

P.S.: Yer garden makes me go blind!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kat!!! Welcome back! It not quite dead, you prolly just got on at the wrong time :) D|R will have you anytime, you know we're a bit of everything.

L

Lady_Kattalina

Ok.. I'm going to do a mass response now.. it's just easier.

I just came back. Most log in every two hours to kill a shadowlord. Everyone else goes back to scripting or killing things unattended for ToTs.
That's kind of sad.. really. I don't understand the point of playing any games if all you plan to do is cheat the system. I guess that's a different kind of game they're trying to play. See what they can get away with. Eh.. to each their own.

Must be going to the wrong places, because there is something going on every night at either the Faire Grounds over by the West Brit Farms, or the player run towns like Aegis (which was just invaded Tuesday night.). Then again, its mostly RP and you said that is childish to you. There is plenty of socializing and crafters/vendors sitting the Luna Bank and a few people hang out in New Haven.

Lots of threads in this section detailing who is where and what events are going on. Check them out.

*Edit* Here's a link to the Festival Schedule. Tonight is a poetry contest and standup comedy. Good place to meet people. :)
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=148657
Thanks for the link! Wish I could have managed the time to join in the festivities. Writing is my thing.

Right now a lot of people are off at the shadowlords event, or hunting for artifacts in Tokuno. The current hang out for the banksitters is Luna. On the weekends, and after normal work hours it's usually fairly populated. I think your timing must be the cause of the dead appearence of the shard.
Well it had to do with the timing and houses disappearing around me. Maybe I scared people off without even knowing it..

Catskills is far from dead. Check the current events and you will find people. Check New Haven or Britain Bank. And welcome back!

P.S.: Yer garden makes me go blind!
That was only one corner of it. Those who came up to the roof of my house to witness that layout were only able to communicate using Ventrilo afterward. :D haha

Kat!!! Welcome back! It not quite dead, you prolly just got on at the wrong time :) D|R will have you anytime, you know we're a bit of everything.
Hey Calina! Good to see you're still around. Definitely appreciate the invite to D|R, but I don't think I'd be able to fully join up with you guys. The PvP thing is a turn-off. ;p Might pop in to chat with you guys on vent in the future though. If my laptop decides she can handle it. And now that I am back around, you know I'm more than happy to help out.

Wow, your avatar's hot.
Thank you! A wonderful artist drew her for me. You can see the full image here: http://liea.deviantart.com/art/Commission-LostKitten-82173377

L

Lady_Kattalina

Yipee, another gardener - decorator! Catskills has a very large gathering of guilds, the One Circle One Soul Alliance. Many of us hang out in New Haven. There are a number of us who enjoy deco, and whether or not you wanted to join any of the 25 allied guilds, we'd enjoy sharing our designs and seeing yours.
We do a lot of PvM and with such a wide network of friends, there is always something fun going on.
One Circle One Soul... I'm guessing this has some involvement with Gentle Rest Inn. I've got some bad blood with that guild. More specifically with the once "leader" of it.

I wouldn't mind talking shop with fellow gardeners/decorators, but I have no interest in getting even remotely involved with Pitr or his goons. He's done enough damage to my UO experience. If it weren't for me actually enjoying UO I wouldn't come back simply to avoid his BS.

R

Rohamiir

Sorry to hear about the bad blood situation. But, to add my 2 cents worth in the mix. There are several guilds that make up the Alliance. Several of them have little (if anything) to do with your past apprehensions. You can easily find one that will give you no 'goon' or 'BS' problems and can still reap the benefits of having a full community online at almost every momment of the day. Not trying to sway you in a direction here....just giving you a pinch more info to be able to go on. Whatever your decision mayhaps be......Welcome Back !

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
but I have no interest in getting even remotely involved with Pitr or his goons. He's done enough damage to my UO experience. If it weren't for me actually enjoying UO I wouldn't come back simply to avoid his BS.
Thank you for not letting him drive you away. We need more good people like you around. :) Welcome back.

D

DPudding

I think I'm in love.

One Circle One Soul... I'm guessing this has some involvement with Gentle Rest Inn. I've got some bad blood with that guild. More specifically with the once "leader" of it.

I wouldn't mind talking shop with fellow gardeners/decorators, but I have no interest in getting even remotely involved with Pitr or his goons. He's done enough damage to my UO experience. If it weren't for me actually enjoying UO I wouldn't come back simply to avoid his BS.

L

Lady_Kattalina

And another mass-reply...

Sorry to hear about the bad blood situation. But, to add my 2 cents worth in the mix. There are several guilds that make up the Alliance. Several of them have little (if anything) to do with your past apprehensions. You can easily find one that will give you no 'goon' or 'BS' problems and can still reap the benefits of having a full community online at almost every momment of the day. Not trying to sway you in a direction here....just giving you a pinch more info to be able to go on. Whatever your decision mayhaps be......Welcome Back !
Any Alliance that has him involved is an allegiance I'm not particularly interested in. There are other guilds in Catskills. :) I appreciate your attempt at easing my concerns or what have you, but I have a feeling you're not aware of just how manipulative and conniving he can be.

Thanks for the welcome back! :D

Thank you for not letting him drive you away. We need more good people like you around. :) Welcome back.
Well.. I did disappear for a while. Close to a year I didn't bother with UO. My sub had expired recently and renewing it reminded me of everything I enjoy about UO. Thought I'd give it another go. For about two minutes I had hope that he'd left (my house is beside where his once stood), but the boards assured me that he hasn't.

Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement!

I think I'm in love.
I.. love you too... ?

Do I need to hire body guards now? Are you a stalker?? :p

D

DPudding

Nah....I just have an appreciation of those who know "what's what" when it comes to certain things.

L

Lady_Kattalina

Nah....I just have an appreciation of those who know "what's what" when it comes to certain things.
I'm fairly proud of my ability to call things for what they are. Some people think it's rude of me to tell them the truth. I think there's too much censorship in the world and people need to adjust to what reality is again. Stop living in fantasy-fairy-tale-everyone-loves-me worlds. And stop letting other people tell them what to think. There's too many drones. It's sad.

I am glad to know that honesty is at least appreciated by some in the world. We could like.. be friendly and stuff.. or whatever.

I've always got ICQ with me. :D

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to be quiet because I know if I voice my full opinion of him I'd be banned faster than you could read my post. But I'm glad there are more people who will speak up against some of the BS he's tryied to pull and I'm pretty sure you will fit in quite well with most people. Personally I started ignoring half the crap that goes on because the threat of being banned from the forum. Good to see you are coming back although I have no clue who you are. (Bad sentence structure aside welcome back.)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm starting to like the people in this thread.

we should start a gang.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

we should start a gang.
We already started a super secret society but Calina didn't think you could master the secret handshake so we didn't invite you.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I was trying to be quiet because I know if I voice my full opinion of him I'd be banned faster than you could read my post. But I'm glad there are more people who will speak up against some of the BS he's tryied to pull and I'm pretty sure you will fit in quite well with most people. Personally I started ignoring half the crap that goes on because the threat of being banned from the forum. Good to see you are coming back although I have no clue who you are. (Bad sentence structure aside welcome back.)
:danceb:

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

we should start a gang.
We already started a super secret society but Calina didn't think you could master the secret handshake so we didn't invite you.
It's true we figured you didn't watch enough Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Hanging with Mister Cooper.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nystul can take the meeting notes as we discuss world domina... ERM, I MEAN, NVM... damn.:lol:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how even this thread ends up being about "Pitr."

Ahh It is truley hilarious how someone can turn an invite to a multi-guild alliance into a Pitr bashing fest. We can see all of Pitr's closest friends showing up after days (even weeks) of stratics inactivity just to talk about Pitr. You all must be flattering him TBH.

And yes I remember you! You were the one that had the house that said "Pitr Lies" for two years. You sure did have a problem with Pitr, and because of that problem with one person, you left the and judged everyone poorly because of it. You could have continued to have many friends and played the game without even running into him.

Didn't you get so mad that you went to D|R and tried to raid GRI? Then verbally bash GRI as a whole. You took your anger with Pitr out on people who had no clue what was even happening. I guess it comes down to the same thing every time. Judging an entire group of people based on the actions of one. It's typical human nature and in this game, it happens ALL THE TIME.

So if you can't have anything to do with the whole alliance because of something you are upset with Pitr over from two years ago, then I guess that's your prerogative, although I suppose it would be sort of like cancelling your grocery store membership because someone you don't like works or shops there, or perhaps not being part of the church choire because years ago, a member keyed your station wagon, or lastly cancelling your AAA membership because your neighbor (that you dislike) also has a AAA membership.

Pitr hasn't been the GM of GRI or an alliance guild allied to it in almost 3 years. I am sorry that he still carries such an impact in your Ultima experience. And this goes for all you who glorify Pitr by bringing him up in every single UO Stratics thread!

Happy Trash Talking

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Zuckuss, Pitr was very backhandedly mean to Katt, I spoke with her while it was all going on and I took her side in it. I don't blame her for not wanting to deal with any guild he's in.

That said, she's not shunning the people in those guilds. She's still friends with me and members of my guild despite the fact that we work with DRI. She just doesn't want to be associated with Pitr.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

we should start a gang.
Yea but you would probably just quit in a month and make a new gang with some peeps from ATL. =[

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zuckuss, Pitr was very backhandedly mean to Katt, I spoke with her while it was all going on and I took her side in it. I don't blame her for not wanting to deal with any guild he's in.

That said, she's not shunning the people in those guilds. She's still friends with me and members of my guild despite the fact that we work with DRI. She just doesn't want to be associated with Pitr.
I do not know the details of the problem they had with each other. But I know the details of the effects it had on our alliance as a result. I havn't placed or denied blame to anyone. It is pointless and silly to be discussing all of this on this venue after it happening 2 years ago. I responded because the past was brought up, lables were made, "goons" and my alliance was involved. My thoughts are that they should work it out themselves or simply not instigate it any further by posting it on message boards.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how even this thread ends up being about "Pitr."
So if you can't have anything to do with the whole alliance because of something you are upset with Pitr over from two years ago, then I guess that's your prerogative, although I suppose it would be sort of like cancelling your grocery store membership because someone you don't like works or shops there, or perhaps not being part of the church choire because years ago, a member keyed your station wagon, or lastly cancelling your AAA membership because your neighbor (that you dislike) also has a AAA membership.

Pitr hasn't been the GM of GRI or an alliance guild allied to it in almost 3 years. I am sorry that he still carries such an impact in your Ultima experience. And this goes for all you who glorify Pitr by bringing him up in every single UO Stratics thread!
I wouldn't want to be part of a church where it's members key my car.

And as for Pitr not being GM on any guild for three years, That is a half truth, maybe Pitr the character hasn't been GM of a guild in three year, which I highly doubt, but I know for a fact he has been the GM of at least two of the guilds in that alliance in the time I've been playing Catskills, I also know that he has at least an emmisary rank character in each guild in that alliance accept CYM which may have changed by now. He is also either the leader of FATE or damn close to it.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also know that he has at least an emmisary rank character in each guild in that alliance accept CYM which may have changed by now. He is also either the leader of FATE or damn close to it.
As the GM of CYM I can tell you he doesnt have an emmisary/character in my guild. only emmisaries in my guild are my chars and one other person. but as far as anything else....... Its a flippin game people you all take things way to serious. Enjoy the game for what it is a game.

C

CatLord

Another thread filled with Love.

Guess I'll stick to Catskills...

About having an emmy on each allied guild... that would make it 25 emmys... 24 since I dont have one in CYM... yup, makes perfect sense.

Grow up, people.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sheesh...
Something happened in a virtual world a couple years ago.
Let go?

Status
Not open for further replies.