• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's fun for free members?

K

Kimberlie

I was a beta player and have had a paid membership off and on (mostly off the last couple years) and what I enjoyed most was the skilling and money making aspects, making pizza was my favorite. I can't really afford a membership right now, with the other online games I play.

What do you free members do for fun? I want to make pizza! lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Currently, you can still do anything like that in Test Center. Many former players return on free accounts and play in Test center for that purpose.

K

Kimberlie

Thank you, I was just reading up on things, looks like that's where I'm headed.

G

In test center 3, free players have access to everything. In EAL, they have access to everything but money and skill houses and can only gain money from other players. Not sure if they can own a lot.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

Not sure if they can own a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can own a size 1 lot only. However, size doesn't matter; Am I right, ladies? Its all about how you use your lot...or at least thats what my mom once said. However, I must admit that I been complimented on the size of my enormous size 8 lot on many occasions, which now makes me wonder:

If I own a size 8 lot as a paying member and then I become a free member, will I keep that lot or will Lee show up at my lot with a bulldozer and perform a royal circumcision on my property?

I

imported_Qute Pi

I heard it changes to size 1 if the owner turns to free account...

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...what happens to bazilllions of items that used to be on size 8 lot? They not going to cram everything into 1 tiny square...what about walls, doors and fixtures? Will they just wipe every aspect out?

I

imported_Qute Pi

I don't know, but I would "assume" the objects will go to your inventory.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I will never switch to a free account. I don't want to lose all my size 8 lots.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

Mine stayed size 8, but that was 6 weeks ago---

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is what I think it is. Those who have sizes 2 and above get grandfathered in once they become free accounts and get to keep their lots. However, newly free account wouldnt be able to do it. However, I wonder how taht would affect trading deeds.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is what I think it is. Those who have sizes 2 and above get grandfathered in once they become free accounts and get to keep their lots. However, newly free account wouldnt be able to do it. However, I wonder how taht would affect trading deeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't one have to change the category of their lot to even enter into it if they were a skill or money lot before switching to a free acount?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

In EAland yes. The moment your account becomes a free account you can no longer enter money or skill lots, even if you own the property.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In EAland yes. The moment your account becomes a free account you can no longer enter money or skill lots, even if you own the property.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I thought, so those of you that have skill or money lots remember that if you go free, you must change the category before you can enter your own home. Kinda sucks, but that is the price we pay when we decide to go to free status.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They should automatically change to a size 1. Might be a bug.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, I think that if they were a paying account and went to a free account but had a size 8 lot, they should be able to keep it. They paid money to upgrade the lot, no need to punish them further because they decided to go free.

G

Best fun in the diner is pissing the cooks off so they go on strike and always fun killing in the factory.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, I think that if they were a paying account and went to a free account but had a size 8 lot, they should be able to keep it. They paid money to upgrade the lot, no need to punish them further because they decidedto go free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Key word in your post bolded. If a person DECIDES to go free, then IMO they should be prepared to accept the consequences that go along with withdrawing their financial support to the game? Why do I feel this way? Because if this isn't a bug and this is the way things are supposed to be, then I see a bunch of people getting free accounts, making them premium for a month and then cancelling when they've got the lot up to the size they want it. Those who want to run a skill or money house could not exploit the system this way, sure but those who wanted to do service lots or stores sure could, and that would not be fair to all of us that have supported the game on an extended basis.

To that end I think the only ones who should be 'grandfathered' in this way as somebody else put it is someone who has 6 months or 1 year entitlement days on their account. That will weed out the ones who are just paying premium for a month to be able to keep those advantages when they go back to free, the same as I saw people doing when we had the bug that allowed free players to play with 3 of the sims they created in each city while they were premium instead of the way it is now fixed where you can only access 1 sim per city. There's got to be enough benefit to becoming premium and *staying* premium over being free to keep people paying and playing....over and over it's been proven that very few will keep supporting the game just for the sake of suppporting it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just say again what Greg told me, and this may well have not been implemented yet. He said changing to a free acct will cause you to be booted from your house in 30 days, the same as always with Daddi cleanup, the house will revert to the next roomie. Sims except the primary sim will be deleted after 90 days non payment.

Free accts are supposed to get a size 0 lot, my understanding is there will be a specific map area for them.

Of course anything is subject to change, just going with what Greg told me a couple weeks ago.