• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's a 'motto' with you? - Contest re-play!

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with that 1000%. If the shard should have any guild or players name in the Motto, it should be Goodman.

Atlantic-Home of the Lord Goodman: He helped us all find our way around UO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LLTS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is no longer an option, so now you are just trolling.

F

Faethore

If you read thier website or their book, you'd know that LLTS stands for Long Live the Syndicate. Looks to me like he's just proud of his guild.

Now for the real reason I'm posting. I asked earlier in this thread and was ignored and now it seems its too late.

Those of us that voted for number fifteen should have had our votes refunded to us so we could have made another choice.

Oh and you really should have edited the original post stating that choice 15 was removed so people coming on didn't waste their vote. Lets face it, no one reads an entire thread before voting on a poll.

Ya'll have a good day now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you read thier website or their book, you'd know that LLTS stands for Long Live the Syndicate. Looks to me like he's just proud of his guild.

Now for the real reason I'm posting. I asked earlier in this thread and was ignored and now it seems its too late.

Those of us that voted for number fifteen should have had our votes refunded to us so we could have made another choice.

Oh and you really should have edited the original post stating that choice 15 was removed so people coming on didn't waste their vote. Lets face it, no one reads an entire thread before voting on a poll.

Ya'll have a good day now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not waste my time reading their book, having already visited their website.

If people are too stupid to read a thread regarding a poll they are casting a vote on, well, we don't really need their vote, do we?

F

Faethore

Now I'm stupid huh? Thats nice.

And ya'll wonder why people like me never actually post on these forums.

You shouldn't have to read though 2 to 3 pages of people justifying why they chose what ever it is they chose to see the rules of the poll. It should be posted on the first page. Granted, the mods got a bit distracted with all the hate.

Besides, the second part of my post was pretty much for the Mods...not trolls like you who don't have any actual power here.

Good day.

K

Katsanapa

How's about this as a motto:

"My God, people actually still play this game?!"

but I kid.. now there are a few references on that poll which could in some way or another fall under your reasoning for removing the Syndicate ones and Barton (Wait... are you? That was RBG's motto.) The fact is, out of the supposed thousands still on this shard, less than 300 gave enough of a piss to vote. As it turned out the majority were a quiet group that no fanboy player likes.

So if you REALLY want to be fair, don't change the motto at all as THAT goes back to the dawn of UO itself. The fact that you want to change it is an insult in itself. Granted I quit UO long ago I do like to hop on here and see how it's changed, it's still the annoying little brother of the gaming community and it still sucks since AoS but it was part of my life for a long time and I met hundreds of awesome people and I've met thousands of jackasses who take things to far. These poll represents those thousands. Thank you.

F

Faethore

Hehe, Thats probably the best suggestion I've seen on this thread Kat. /applaud

Oh and by the way...where is that tatoo?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now I'm stupid huh? Thats nice.

And ya'll wonder why people like me never actually post on these forums.

You shouldn't have to read though 2 to 3 pages of people justifying why they chose what ever it is they chose to see the rules of the poll. It should be posted on the first page. Granted, the mods got a bit distracted with all the hate.

Besides, the second part of my post was pretty much for the Mods...not trolls like you who don't have any actual power here.

Good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to goodness you don't vote in political elections. There is so much to read and it changes everyday.

G

Further apologies! *frowns*

I have now edited the Original Post to reflect this! (PM's/Email are ALWAYS best to get my attention to such matters)

Discussions are still taking place and will continue to do so as long as this thread remains open. So please keep up with the non-discriminatory comments either by posting here or contacting me personally. I will pass on any anonymous comments without giving away anyone's identity to the Atlantic Staff. You have my word on that!

PM me or email me at [email protected] for any anonymous comments you wish to share.

T

Tazar

<blockquote><hr>

don't change the motto at all as THAT goes back to the dawn of UO itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually... the above statement is not true. The current motto was created after a player poll back in 2001 or 2002. I just wish my memory was good enough to remember the original motto.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok since this found of voting is dead now as well and we seemingly have to start over.

Another suggestio:

Atlantic - Where we can't get anyone to agree on Nothing.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol this is awesome

i just got back from a week in prague with my girlfriend and find that the polling thing for this has triggered some epic debate, in which Barton actually featured as a prime discussion point lmfao

BARTON FTW!

I think we should just put one last round in to the final two serious votes; the Barton one, and the atlantic "where it all began" one (which i actually really like too)

I think both are equally representative of atlantic and regardless of the lack of voting, it was the most legitimate way and stuck to the rules.

Anyway, Prague was world class. Cheer up everyone

BARTONNNNNN!!!!!

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and Shanshu, keep that anti-bartonite movement going... you know i was thinking someone should start an anti-barton movement in which bartons and anti-bartons can have a fight against each other in some form in game

G

Sadly, I closed my account a few months ago, but I'm sure there are other Atlantic citizens with culture and intellect, so Barton will always have opposition.

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tsk, tsk!.

<u>Mine</u> is obviously the best one.

Silly!