• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would you like to see in the in game store?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kylie...you're really a Babe... :D....
I really think you will not read what others asking for, he? :D :D. This publish news tells us wonderfully news about Edon but nothing 'bout the store.
Hmmm... sure it does... it does not go into detail about what will be in the store, but it does mention it.

Untitled2.jpg

but...
Once again: Newsletter #3 was ordered - not other Number or Publish News. Thanks again.
Let me google that for you :mf_prop:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every item ever available on uogamecodes.com, the EA Japan UO store and from origin.com. Every. Single. Item. They all still exist in the code, so this shouldn't be a difficult request.

Beyond that, vanity items, even more house/bank storage, fun things.

I do NOT think the store should sell gold, resources, or items otherwise obtainable via normal game play - thus invalidating said content. That is the surest way to spin the economy out of control and cement UO as a pay-to-win game.
You know, EA can sell gold if they wanted to, they essentially already do it, just indirectly.

How many people do you think buy soulstone tokens or Forged Metal of Artifacts to sell on their vendors if they want/need gold? just check vendor search.

Blizzard does this with gametime tokens (The WoW Token) that are sold in their in-game auction house. It's essentially selling WoW-gold at the current going rate.

UO has technically done this for years, but not with account upgrades or gametime. it requires a trust worthy person to do things like this in UO.
It's just something EA/BS could tap into that.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can stand upstairs Luna on ATL and watch the broker toons from this and other sites delivering 24/7. Seems to me the best way to kill two birds with one stone is for BS to capitalize on it and take the profit out of it for the 3rd parties.

Attachments

I'm all for cosmetic/decorative items being sold. They would make so much cash that way. I don't get much free time to play these days, so I would be tempted to buy resources....but I think UO would no longer be UO if they did that.

As for 3rd parties, I've always imagined Asian child labor in a basement computer lab, setup with Tandy 486s running Win3.1, farming resources 18 hours a day for $1. So the resources are still being played for, and each child had to be assigned at least 1x account. That's a lot of account subs for BS and those poor children are working on in a computer lab instead of an apple factory where they could burn their fingers off! - Again...just how I've always thought how MMO 3rd party sites operate.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for cosmetic/decorative items being sold. They would make so much cash that way. I don't get much free time to play these days, so I would be tempted to buy resources....but I think UO would no longer be UO if they did that.

As for 3rd parties, I've always imagined Asian child labor in a basement computer lab, setup with Tandy 486s running Win3.1, farming resources 18 hours a day for $1. So the resources are still being played for, and each child had to be assigned at least 1x account. That's a lot of account subs for BS and those poor children are working on in a computer lab instead of an apple factory where they could burn their fingers off! - Again...just how I've always thought how MMO 3rd party sites operate.
Friend of mine back in the day had 40 computers running in his garage running different scripts to farm different resources on different shards. They ran server up to server down when he would go out and reset them for another hard day of gaming. UO became less profitable and he moved on to more lucrative games to auto farm. But he made a impressive income from UO gold and resource farming. Why use $1 per day labor when you can auto run as many computers as you can afford to farm 23/7 :)

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a " age booster code" that you can apply just ONCE on the account to make it ONE YEAR OLDER...

The cost? 100$ , hundred dollars.

It will be very nice for those who have very old accounts like me to get 2 new transfer shields tbh, I would deffo take 4 or 5 of these to make my accounts older .

Or even on some accounts with many rewards left to choose that need just a few months to be able to collect shard shields....

and you can apply this JUST ONCE ....

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of verbal nonsense? Have u been at events lately? I did, pretty cool honestly. People enjoy it. I pked players since 20 years almost. I discovered a new part of the game and I rlly enjoy it

InfernO will come to get you

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just trying to find ladders for a castle or keep takes a act of God on Siege.
No it doesn't you're just not talking to the right person, or bartering with the right person. Instead of offering to give all of those heavy charges to someone that rarely even plays the shard, you could have traded them to ME !!!! , I would have given you ladders..

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i didnt have time to wade through the entire thread but i did want to post one thing that has been gnawing away at the back of mind since i read they are bring this in.

make the stuff cheaper to buy.
im not saying this because im a cheap Scot, im saying it from a buisness standpoint.
if we have learned anything from in app purchases on ISO devices its that people dont care about $1-$5 purchases, hell, ill burn through $20 if im in a mood too and im totally cool with it.

so what i mean when we translate this to UO is this in game store isnt gonna be worth beans if the stuff is expensive.
look at pet bonding potions.
what are they.... $5????
put them on the in game store and drop the price to $2.
why?
because as it is right now id only buy one if i got a uber rare color animal and wanted to bond it right now.
if they where $2 a shot - im not gonna lie - id probably buy them as im taming and insta bond the stuff as i tame it.

translation into real money.
over the last 5 years they have gotten $5 off of me for the 1 pet bonding potion i purchased.
if they where available in game for $2 i can guarantee you id probably go through 2 a month - every month.

im a middle aged medical professional and have lots of disposable income, but im cheap, so itch both at the same time for me and ill keep coming back.

thats all i wanted to say about the in game store.
make the items cheap and you'll sell more.

(raised flower beds = $20 so i picked up one set once and that was it. now make them $3 per on the in game store..... i know id pick up 10 or so over the next couple months while im playing)
(Haochi's Pigments $3 online, $1 in store, ill pick up 10 ---- cheaper they are the more people are gonna buy them, better to sell 50 items at half price then 1 item at full price - its just good business sense)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kirthag are you actually naive enough to believe third party sites get all their gold for Idocs and farming sites?? Wrong it is by code....duped code! Sure some comes in the way you describe....but when a site sells Billions and Billions a day, every damn day 365 days a year. Yet the player base continually decreases yet their inventory doesnt change??? I am sorry.... I am not trying to be disrespectful,... I just cant swallow that much BS this early in the day....I will look back later...maybe it will be more palatable then.
I don't think the gold comes from dupers either... maybe it did at one time but doubt UO has anymore dupers or even chinese gold farmers at that (just not worth it at current prices). I honestly think it's from 18 years of going from the sellers to the buyers then back to the sellers from in game purchases of Castles/Rares/Items/Events/Resources

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it doesn't you're just not talking to the right person, or bartering with the right person. Instead of offering to give all of those heavy charges to someone that rarely even plays the shard, you could have traded them to ME !!!! , I would have given you ladders..
Just logged in and checked and I have around 20,000 heavy charges undeeded and god knows how many lurking in crates deeded. I was not so much speaking for myself in the ladders as I found them after a week of spamming GC several years back for the bargain price of 1.5 mil each. Now if you would be interested in trading a Orc Ship for some charges.......

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the gold comes from dupers either... maybe it did at one time but doubt UO has anymore dupers or even chinese gold farmers at that (just not worth it at current prices). I honestly think it's from 18 years of going from the sellers to the buyers then back to the sellers from in game purchases of Castles/Rares/Items/Events/Resources
What is particularly funny is very often a person buys the gold and then goes and spends the gold at the vendor of the organization that sold them the gold.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can we try to stay somewhere near the topic, folks?

I thought of something I'd LOVE to see them add. I'd prefer it as an in-game earned item or skill, but I'd grab it up as a store item too:

A tool or ability to change the APPEARANCE of an article of clothing or armor to look like a different article of clothing or armor of the same slot.

For example, say I found a really awesome dragon turtle helm. I don't like the way it looks on my character, so I could use this tool or ability to make it look like a wizard's hat instead.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about an account-based 1-time entitlement to have 1 additional house. So anyone playing a prodo shard and SP would then have 3 legit houses they could have. A non-SP player would be allowed to have 2.

This means a code that is entered via account management and cannot have any additional ones. I would think US$39.99 is fair. How about it?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How about an account-based 1-time entitlement to have 1 additional house. So anyone playing a prodo shard and SP would then have 3 legit houses they could have. A non-SP player would be allowed to have 2.

This means a code that is entered via account management and cannot have any additional ones. I would think US$39.99 is fair. How about it?
Just make it so all can place 2 houses, just not on same shard. I', damn tired of second houses placed of someone who wanted to try out Siege but gave up Siege again.

If they could place it on an other prodo shard, they would take down their Siege house, when they stopped playing the shard. The second house on Siege is great for players who do play on Siege as second shard.

What about being able to place a temperery home, that be a 7x7 Classic house, a Tent, a Gypsy wagon or Rented Room in one of the unused houses in Britain. House/tent/gypsy wagon/room should come with a setting like on ship with a chest that work like a hold on a ship. Make it hold 12k to 28k stones / 125-250 items depending of kind and price. Allow the owner to lockdown 10 deco items, not containers and 1-2 crafting add ones.

Make it refresh like ships and decay if not refreshed. If the temp home decay, the tools can be used to place a new one. Items will be lost if it decay or could be saved in a moving crates in bank, that will be back in home when replaced.

Sell a special temp home placing tools, that will be blessed and will allow you to recall/gate from it to get to your temp home if placed. Like the new ships, A character may only have one temp home or boat placed at any time.

- House 7x7, one stories, chest 12k stones/125 items, can be placed anywhere a house can be placed anywhere a house can be placed, price $19.00
- House 7x7, 2 stories, chest 18k stones/250 items,comes with a small soulforge and a vendor outside, can be placed anywhere a house can be placed anywhere a house can be placed, price $49.00
- Gypsy wagon, chest 28k stones/250 items, comes with a small soulforge and a vendor outside, can be placed anywhere a house can be placed anywhere a house can be placed, price $59.00
- Tent, chest 12k stones/125 items, can be placed anywhere a house can be placed anywhere a house can be placed, price $19.00
- Rented Room, chest 12k stones/125 items, will place a chest in a unused room that, the room will have a sign outside saying for rent if not used, else it will have name of the char. $39.oo
- A Stall/Community vendor like the Magincia ones but with chest 12k stones/125 items for the owner. Can be placed at marked places, at the side of the road, at the old guard forts like the one at Brit East crossroad. Here we would need some for rent signs like in New Mag. Price $29.00

I know it will take some coding, but could start with houses.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Newsletter #3:

We don't know yet exactly what will be purchasable with sovereigns in the in game store. What is on top of your wishlist?
All the stuff they used to sell, but no longer do, including any regional specific items the general population never got direct access to.

As for new items, new deco, dyes, effects (if possible) cosmetic gear, stuff like that. No to gold, or any items you can get via regular game play.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

♥ this idea

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about having a deed we can buy to let us transfer deco items from prodo to Siege? With all kinds of safeguards installed to keep those who have nearly psychotic fears of dups!!! *people scrambling around in panic!* from having coronaries.

This would simplify getting more deco onto Siege in a one way transfer, if we can keep the panic down within reason. :rolleyes:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about having a deed we can buy to let us transfer deco items from prodo to Siege? With all kinds of safeguards installed to keep those who have nearly psychotic fears of dups!!! *people scrambling around in panic!* from having coronaries.

This would simplify getting more deco onto Siege in a one way transfer, if we can keep the panic down within reason. :rolleyes:
What items are we talking about here? If they are items not available in game, I would rather they just be universally sold on the item shop. Things like collection tokens etc. If it's ingame stuff I would be very much against that idea. There are only a handful of especially rare decorative items, and they are one of the only incentives to fight the monsters that drop them. If you could just port then in from a prodo shard where they are much much more common, it would devalue not only the items that people had gotten the hard way on siege, but diminish any reason to seek those items out through gameplay on siege. In the end it seems like playing prodo shards to decorate your siege house, which to me seems like a bad idea.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just logged in and checked and I have around 20,000 heavy charges undeeded and god knows how many lurking in crates deeded. I was not so much speaking for myself in the ladders as I found them after a week of spamming GC several years back for the bargain price of 1.5 mil each. Now if you would be interested in trading a Orc Ship for some charges.......
Absolutely..

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What items are we talking about here?
I've a dozen of many tokens for various deco choices from their being given to each character on prodo and a collection of house deco items at my house on Chessie. I'm talking bringing in things for house deco, nothing equipment wise. The rare items could just not be on the list of transferable items, I've never been interested in the rares scene so i don't have any. What I want is to bring in deco items that are not obtainable by playing the game. If I could get the things that way, I'd have them already.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pay to win generally means that the game itself is charging you a fee for a competitive advantage, that isn't happening in UO. People selling stuff generated via gameplay isn't the same thing. The only issue is that some portion of those objects are duped or scripted. Otherwise it's just people playing the game, and selling the result of their time spent doing so. The game would still be played to get those rewards.

Giving people a proper channel to circumvent gameplay would only make the problem exponentially worse, and make those skills that produce those items all but redundant.
It does appear people already have a proper way to circumvent gameplay and spend a lot of real $$$ already using it. The issue is that MOST of what is being sold is gained from exploits and dupes. Seriously do you think any of those 5 for $50 transfer tokens are legit, or the endless 60k ignot deeds for $1.50-$3.00 are legit, or the endless billions of brokered gold. On Siege it is not so much of a problem as we kill scripters on sight and yes a store selling resources and gold in the Siege environment would wreck Sieges economy. Overall on prodo shards I could only see it reducing the 3rd party brokers profits and putting more money into EA/BS pockets.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Deco and vanity items are all they should sell.

Two players start UO afresh on day one. One creates a character with the minimum starting skill points available. Another pays RL cash for an advanced/mythic character token, to EA. Immediately he has a headstart thanks to paying RL cash to EA. That is a P2W model in itself.
I see your point, but for many building a character from scratch is a win and buying the mythic token is a loss (although I've certainly both).

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
o Conjurer trinket
o All veteran rewards, that could be claimed and used regardless of account age
o The originals of everything now available as "replicas"
o Name change token (cheap -- actually, there should be a quest for this)
o Race change token (cheap -- actually, there should be a quest to/from gargoyle)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If they were to sell houses with feet, I'd want the luggage from Diskworld to be sold on the in-game store too. :p
A mighty pet that can store 125 items and up to 10K stones! And kill everything in sight.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Love that house, can we hunt it down and shot it like with a ship, so it can't move and can be looted in Fel zone *Evil Grin* Maybe let it have one safe secure like a strongbox, everything else can be looted if shot down. Give it a lot hitpoint but low fire resist.

When I am low on arrows do I go jack wood and farm harpies for feathers??....no I go spend 5$ for 60k. Would I prefer to buy it from a vendor....of course. Can I find any...of course not! So when I need something I buy it. I might macro train a new character to 90 or GM but after that I buy pinks. Cant find them in game, can always find them online. Cant afford them in game....can always buy more gold. I know I am not the only one that plays this way.
So is buying/selling UO gold/items or macroing no longer against the ToS?

I do think someone dropped the ball on items already sold in the store...limited selection and way overpriced (and yet, I think I've bought everything on there because that's what happens when I'm playing after a few cocktails).

I'm 'Merican and love consumerism - give me more junk to waste money on. As stated before, if prices were $1.00 -- $4.99, I'd probably be silly enough to spend $20 a week if it were something neat-o! Maybe a RNG loot bag (of deco items)....ugh I do have a spending problem when it comes to those!

I like the second house deed idea...maybe limit it to a small lot. I have bad organizational skills and would love a small house to toss junk and my other house to be pretty. Then again, I'd rather just have EA/BS give a discount for multiple accounts...win win for everyone.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BS cant capitalize on anything....they have almost no control over the EA store. Bonnie has raged about that frustration in the past.

BS's ingame store will sell items ( hopefully things like gold, resources, pinks, deco, Vet rewards etc etc) for sovereigns. They set item price per Sov which helps them control economy/ gold inflation.

EA will sell Sovereigns from the web site for USD. As long as they price them intelligently it can be a huge revenue generator and take money from third party sites. Even those sites selling duped gold because as long as prices are competitive player will prefer to by from ingame store because they will be supporting UO.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've a dozen of many tokens for various deco choices from their being given to each character on prodo and a collection of house deco items at my house on Chessie. I'm talking bringing in things for house deco, nothing equipment wise. The rare items could just not be on the list of transferable items, I've never been interested in the rares scene so i don't have any. What I want is to bring in deco items that are not obtainable by playing the game. If I could get the things that way, I'd have them already.
To clarify by rares I meant stuff like the archdemon statue, and stuff like that. Stuff you get from champ spawns, or rare colored plants...whatever. Anything I could go out and get today. I personally would be all for a vet reward trade in. So you could delete a vet reward to get one back, up to the max you have earned.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is buying/selling UO gold/items or macroing no longer against the ToS?

I do think someone dropped the ball on items already sold in the store...limited selection and way overpriced (and yet, I think I've bought everything on there because that's what happens when I'm playing after a few cocktails).

I'm 'Merican and love consumerism - give me more junk to waste money on. As stated before, if prices were $1.00 -- $4.99, I'd probably be silly enough to spend $20 a week if it were something neat-o! Maybe a RNG loot bag (of deco items)....ugh I do have a spending problem when it comes to those!

I like the second house deed idea...maybe limit it to a small lot. I have bad organizational skills and would love a small house to toss junk and my other house to be pretty. Then again, I'd rather just have EA/BS give a discount for multiple accounts...win win for everyone.
Macroing has never been illegal, unattended macroing is a violation of TOS. Recently the Dragon lady made it clear the only thing they really enforce is unattended macroing. Selling gold and items for USD is illegal but they have no control of web sites that operate off US soil. Much like US gambling laws cant control gambling sites outside of america.

The key to this all working well is 1) sovereigns cannot exist in game can can only be a number attached to a players bank balance.
2) sell aggressively and competitively when compared to third party sites.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clarify by rares I meant stuff like the archdemon statue, and stuff like that. Stuff you get from champ spawns, or rare colored plants...whatever. Anything I could go out and get today. I personally would be all for a vet reward trade in. So you could delete a vet reward to get one back, up to the max you have earned.
This generates $0 in revenue so wont happen

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If ran correctly it could help a lot.

They will need to stock common origin store items that they are selling now.

They need to refrain from allowing obtainable items to be sold.

If they do decide to do this it needs to be a once in a while thing for only a couple items.

Other games will pair up a sale with an ongoing event. So if you need a widget to turn in to have a shot at "X" reward, there's suddenly a sale on packs of these.

But I'm certain they already have an idea of how this will look for them.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it will sell the same old stuff that's currently on the origin store now. You will still need to use the dreadful store to buy these sovereigns and I'm gonna bet some countries are still going to have issues buying them.

There is so much potential to make loads of money for the game here. Like items that have been posted above. I don't have a problem with them selling "pay to win" items (pinks etc). If people would rather pay to train skills than grind away I totally understand.