• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would you like in the EC from UOAssist?

T

Tukaram

A few threads asking for various changes got me thinking... dangerous, I know.

What are the main things from UOAssist that are missing in the EC? A lot have been done with Mods like opening skills list, paperdoll etc on startup; show English for spells etc. But what seemingly small things drive you crazy? (Seemingly small features you miss may not be small to code)

You guys that have been working on the client, and the mods have done a great job, please don't get me wrong. I was just thinking we could make a wish list of nice things to think about (not a pancake and moan thread, just ideas). I remember talking to Sunsword and he asked about auto looting your corpse. It was something he had on his 'little pain in the ass things' list. I for one am so glad he got that one done!

It's just if you didn't use the hot sell/pickup/arm bags you may not think of them much. I love working skill gain so I really miss the ways you could sort and view skill list and skill changes. I haven't played with the new Salvage Bag so I'm not sure exactly how it works but could a bag be programmed to automatically collect anything looted with right click? Hot sell could work the same? That would probably be a Dev thing not a custom thing?

Here's some that come to mind:
1. Auto cancel vet rewards.
2. Filter sounds (Bards, Horse, Spirit Speak)
3. The simplicity of Arm/Disarm and Dress/undress settings. And choosing the disarm and dress bags. (The EC arm & equip are quite clunky, and no bag setting)
4. Being able to put fish on the deck of the boat and having all new fish go to the stacks instead of your bag. (It just did it, I know of no setting in UOAssist)
5. In the skills list being able to sort by name, value, change etc.
6. Agents: Hot Sell, Pickup, and Vendor.

D

Diggity

I haven't used UOA/2D in quite awhile now. I'm probably forgetting some of the things I used to be able to do that I can't do in the EC. I'm quite OK with the current EC functionality. But if they were looking to add stuff, functions I miss most from UOA are:

1. The agents - organizer, hotsell, pickup (this is a biggie maybe), vendor were all nice to have.
2. Range check last target
3. Queue targets
4. Auto show corpse names (another biggie)
5. Dress/disarm bags
6. Ability to record/edit macros (EC is good - but UOA also had good features)

Right now, the auto show corpse is the biggest wish for me. The EC is harder to loot corpses when you are in a tight spot with quick respawn and subsequent multiple corpses. The EC object handles now perfectly overlap and frequently the most recent corpse is on the bottom. UOA was really nice that you could double click the "fresh" corpse name as it appeared and open the most recent corpse. This is really needed in areas where you have to farm for keys - eg prism.

Tho I never used it, pickup agent also sounds like it would be a good feature. Right now, I'm having trouble running away from slasher while trying to pick up the rocks he throws ;).

While I agree about the bag functions, I very much disagree with your #3. The EC, especially with the recent addition of the add equipped function, is so much more versatile and easy for me to use than UOA. The main problem I have with it is I tend to carry around more equipment now simply because I have the ability to quickly equip it.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order of importance to me:

1. Queue self, queue last target (HUGE WANT)
2. Range check
3. Cancel veteran rewards gump
4. BUG fixes
5. No fuzzy graphics

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Target relative to location!! (very handy when fishing from a moving boat)
- ability to macro menu selections in crafting gumps (I'd be fine with a simply "make last" action, but the record-macro stuff from assist was great)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing.
I do not miss a single feature of UO Assist.
Not even cancel vet rewards gump?
That's the only thing that bugs me.

Undress bags would be nice, but a very minimal inconvenience for me (and I would very rarely use it).
The skill/stat change tracking would also be nice to have, but not a big desire (I could mod something to do this without too much trouble, but it's not enough of a benefit for me to spend the time to do it).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the only thing I miss is the ability to export bods!! I have a few thousand bods and to manually input them in a spreadsheet is crazy!

T

Tukaram

How could I forget 'target relative'! I fish every day and so I miss it daily. Somehow forgot to put it on my list. I think that is my new #1.

Aside from the option of using what you currently have equipped when creating the macros (which is now available in the EC), and the undress bags (which you mentioned separately)... what "simplicity" are you talking about?
I didn't realize the EC would use what you currently were holding, I will have to look into that. I don't like that none of the icons have any labels or mouse over names. It took me forever to figure out what was a hand to hold things, and a hand to wear rings. There are like 4 hands, 3 or 4 chest, and a couple I still don't know what they are (a few close to the bottom of the list).

I liked the way UOAssist switched between weapons. I can work out a macro for it on EC but it was so much easier in UOAssist (part of the simplicity- but I do appreciate the power of the EC macro system). That I can work around, no big deal. Mostly I want Arm/Disarm bags, Pickup bags, and Hotsell bags. That is really a big part of the simplicity.

I am a bit anal about my backpack. I want everything exactly in place. With the hot bars I put what I want, where I want, then the item goes to the bottom of the backpack. VERY handy! Probably one of my favorite parts of the EC. But without a Pickup bag and a Hotsell bag my pack is screwed.

A

AesSedai

the only thing I miss is the ability to export bods!! I have a few thousand bods and to manually input them in a spreadsheet is crazy!
- This thing :)

I haven't used it to export BoDs (good idea :), but I have those pretty well organized with BoD books in-game) but I've used whatever that thing is called to export most all of my keeper items to spreadsheets. It is how I organize my armoire / weapon stock based on every different property and item slot there is, since they don't have similar things in-game (dangit Fertbert... I really thought we were close to seeing that which truly should have been in-game since AoS... hehe ;)).

B

BlackMagus

Lua hooks for the crafting menus would be great. We'd see extensions providing leet crafting features popping up soon after! :)

F

Fink

All of the above, plus the following sound filters:

Backpack rustling - it's simply awful; scratchy, distorted, low quality sound, much like white noise, and it goes for two seconds. Really, really annoying if you have to sort through a lot of bags. This is the first sound you hear when you start a new character and it's really discouraging.

Inscription - This sound just keeps going and going.. and just when you think it's done, it goes a little longer. I have a friend who was a geriatric nurse who likened the inscription sound to an old man with an enlarged prostate trying to urinate. Again, especially annoying if you have someone parked near you spamming books or scrolls.

Cancel multi-instanced sounds - give us an option that prevents a sound from playing if that sound is already playing. If a bard is spamming Music, the tune should finish playing before another instance of that tune starts up. Some guy mashing Last Object shouldn't produce a dozen or more instances of the tune playing concurrently. This might fix some of the issues with the first two points, but those still need suppressing.

W

Walkerboh77

i would like UOA to go away even from CC...so people are forced to play their own toons again

B

BlackMagus

I have a friend who was a geriatric nurse who likened the inscription sound to an old man with an enlarged prostate trying to urinate.
Well, since a lot of the parts of the game actually feel like trying to urinate with an enlarged prostate, maybe this is by design? :lol:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's actually one thing I am missing:
Auto-show corpse names.

In big battles I have trouble finding the corpse of the creature I just killed. In the Classic Client, I simply double-clicked on the corpse name after the creature died.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to be able to reassign another graphic to EVs. Since their graphic blocks any attempt to target things around them, and thats increadibly annoying.

A mod to permanently make them a purple llama or something without the particle effects would be awesome.