• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] What were the old, by shard, records?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fishing Shard Records (Please submit to rebuild the list!)

We know Origin, and I'm pretty sure that the previous record of 211 (or was it 218?) by Ifful (was it on one of the Asian shards?) is still the record for that shard. But, anyone still have a copy of what the previous shard records were?

If not, we can rebuild it....

ITEMS IN ITALICS ARE PROBABLY NOT RECORDS - Just the best fish reported in since we tried to reconstruct the data lost in May 2008. Fish from the Yearly Big Fish threads will be listed in italics if under 190, or if no pics posted.

When "name1 (name2)" present, this indicates character name (Stratics handle).

Normal Big Fish records

East coast shards

Atlantic: 200 Stone, Arumi (Vertigo)
Catskills: 187 Stone (Krinkle)
Chesapeake: 206 Stone Vince Neil (Baghdaddy1)
Great Lakes:
Lake Superior:
Siege Perilous: 198 Stone Guiseppe/Kas Althume)

West coast shards

Pacific:
Baja:
Napa: 191 Stones, Lord Charles
Origin: 225 Stones, Rowan (Current overall Record)
Lake Austin: 192? Stones. Az of DSR (character name unknown). Has since been tied by Mylene (Basara) in December 2009. Unknown if original record fish still exists, though it was mounted at one time. Az's fish MIGHT have been 193 stone, beating a previous record of 192, but am trying to relocate that previous record fish (belonged to Dark Angel, IIRC).
Sonoma: 195 Stones Bunco (eekamouse)

European Shard, Oceania, and Mugen

Europa: 186, Duncan Drake.
Drachenfels: 187, Maria Lindsey (Gilmour)
Oceania:
Mugen:
on Europa:

Asian shards

(will add these in as reports come in of their records, as Stratics mostly has a western membership)

Mud Puppy & Red Herring records

East coast shards

Atlantic: weins201, claim of 176 stones, both Mud Puppy & Red Herring, but image doesn't show the fish weights.
Catskills:
Chesapeake:
Great Lakes:
Lake Superior:
Siege Perilous:

West coast shards

Pacific:
Baja:
Napa:
Origin:
Lake Austin:
Sonoma:

European Shard, Oceania, and Mugen

Europa:
red herring - 179 stones, Shapoklak (R Traveler)
mud puppy - 161 stones, Obi (type480)

Drachenfels:
Oceania:
Mugen:

Asian shards

(will add these in as reports come in of their records, as Stratics mostly has a western membership)

A

Az of DSR

i remember having a 190+ fish on LA. dunno if it still exsists or not lol.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Az, IIRC, Arwen's fisher had a record of 191 or 192, then you beat it by 1 stone. It took that prompt to remember it.

Can't remember if anyone ever topped it, though I got a 192 late last year. Now that I remember it was you, I'll put us as co-record-holders, until I can find Arwen's fish.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi fellow fishermen

I just took a new screenshot from my biggest fish on Siege Perilous. I havn't fished in 2009 or 2010 (yet). So it's way older. I also do remember that Feyre caught a fish of the same size a couple month later. So we have a tie.

Here is the picture. The house is located in the inner circle of Luna, west side.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe i have a 199 on Europa, caught by Coral. prolly circa 2008

Elf