• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Went Wrong with Warhammer Online? A Postmortem.

Muckbeast

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is sure to be controversial, but hopefully you will find the analysis and insights reasonably sound and share your own opinions.

What Went Wrong with Warhammer Online? A Postmortem.

The big question really is whether or not WAR can turn the ship around. Honestly, I am dubious at the moment. The next few months will really tell us a lot, but some of the mistakes listed in that article do not seem like things they can easily correct.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is sure to be controversial, but hopefully you will find the analysis and insights reasonably sound and share your own opinions.
Well I never played Warhammer, but from reading the article, having lack of class or skill balance is never good.

I think it is difficult, but should not happen like some games where they implement patch after patch to dumb down certain skills to create "balance." "Balance" because other skills are left untouched.

Lineage II for example I think they have done a good job creating balance within the game. While there can be many different scenarios and certain classes are "better" than other classes, IF you know what you are doing, you can handle almost any situation and class.

Additionally there are times to fight and times not to fight. For a kamael class for example, if I cast death mark on you, that pretty much spells trouble for you. As long as the spell does not hit, you have a chance.

That said, it is as much luck based as anything else. That is how it should be.

Not where classes or skills are out of the loop to begin with.