• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What weather in Iowa looks like right now.

A

Annienox

I know some of you live in nice gentle climates. Where people get excited if they see a low of 50 degrees. About a month ago we were living with -20 not including wind chill. Like the silly gooses that we are, we were happy when we heard that it was suppose to warm up around freezing (Woot only 1 winter coat to go outside to get the mail). However all the rain that the west coast ppl have started blowing our way doesn't stay in a liquid form at "around freezing". It comes down wet, gathers on everything and freezes nicely to all the high lines, trees, roofs, roads, etc. So for those of you that have never seen an ice storm the following pics are for you (yes Pixie I'm looking in your direction!). Hope you enjoy them.

Isn't it pretty! Just like in the movies!

Wish it would do this every year.

What would you say that is 1/2" maybe 2/3" on that tractor wheel?

Oh some branches fell from the tree *shock*.

Right on the back of my dads car like I told him they would, if he didn't move it. To bad he didn't listen to me. :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, really, we need more car pics!!

ice storms look really great if the next morning is sunny... world looks like a crystal palace