• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What was your first PK experience like? ;)

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What was your first PK experience like? ;)

im not talking about killing a red or gray. im talking about outright PKing cause you either felt the urge or felt naughty that day. youve all done it at least once ;)

Mine was when i decided to train hiding and stealth like a year after i started playing uo. it was SO slow to train back then (thank heavens for "powerhour: :p ) . ended up Gm both hiding and stealth . one day after i was done training, the evil though came to my head ..."hmm you know, i can probably sneak up to someone and kill them pretty quick with deadly poison!" so i went to fel despise cause i knew there was one guy there always farming " possibly unattended" (he just always stood there). Stealthed all the way to him, smack smack DP ! dead. i was SO giddy ! i looted and recalled away, and for some reason when i got home, i logged off ! i must have thought the UO police were looking for me.
Next day, the same guy saw me at brit bank and said he had reported me for stealing his stuff lol

i gotta say that first kill was quite the thrill. i had a lot more kills that month , then the murdering urge just went away (that coupled with that im not good at pvp )

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
"You have left the protection of Lord British Guards."

"Vas Flam"
"Vas Flam"
"Vas Flam"
"Vas Flam"
"Vas Flam"

"You are dead."

I started about 3 or 4 weeks after UO did, when if you could go more than 2 screens outside of town, and not get attacked, that was a minor miracle.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i got a minor yet shameful thrill too when i first cut up a players corpse in UO LOOOOOONG long ago lol . i used to keep the heads if i remember correctly

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm sure I must have PKd someone way back when but I don't really remember. Most of my PK experience involved running away from them, often to no avail. I've never been any good at pvp. :(

I DO remember wiping out my ENTIRE guild with a single EV on my mage (in our old log cabin guildhouse) back when EVs and BSs attacked your guildmates. It was hilarious.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I DO remember wiping out my ENTIRE guild with a single EV on my mage (in our old log cabin guildhouse) back when EVs and BSs attacked your guildmates. It was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

lol , i used to love to stealth up to people macroing in their home and pop a summon on them (if the house door was unlocked) . specially when these players were often mules, and kept major stuff on them ;) muah haha.
it was a harsh world back then but fun ! not sure if id want that type of world again in UO , unless it was just a specific shard

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure I must have PKd someone way back when but I don't really remember. Most of my PK experience involved running away from them, often to no avail. I've never been any good at pvp. :(

I DO remember wiping out my ENTIRE guild with a single EV on my mage (in our old log cabin guildhouse) back when EVs and BSs attacked your guildmates. It was hilarious.
You also used to have a macro that you would spam that said, "DON'T KILL ME I'M A NEWBIE!" which actually worked a lot of the time....

It's probably not my first PK experience but I do remember getting 1 shot by a halberd, then following up by being rezzed by the same group, them giving me some NPC armor to join them, and then going red shortly afterward. :devil:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You also used to have a macro that you would spam that said, "DON'T KILL ME I'M A NEWBIE!" which actually worked a lot of the time....
That I did!

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember my first... But a couple stood out from my younger days.

#1. I was farming despise on my swords parry mage... Ha. Not 7x yet.
I had a leather/plate combo.. And someone had given me ranger sleeves... To me they were just some cool looking green sleeves with a unique name.

When a red appeared... And attacked .. My friend had just made a run to town with all the loot we had aquired so I was there just holding it down.

He attacked without warning.. And I almost made it out.. Then was dropped and sleeves looted. It stuck in my memory because of the loss of my new sleeves. Heh.

#2 .. Joined factions... SL... Was in moonglow.. Did not know how they worked... Just wanted the robe and title... When 6 Minax on horse back came and bum rushed me... I was on foot.. I quickly Tele over the fence too the wilderness outside of the bank to make my escape....

And froze up... My 14.4 modem was no match for there 56k and well... Met a quick death.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
No idea, it was half my life ago
Oh my, that's interesting. Somewhere in the last few months I crossed the barrier where I've now been playing UO for a greater % of my lifetime than NOT playing.
I'm really not sure how to feel about this type of stat.

I've "lived" on the same patch of land in game for longer than I've lived in any house in real life, for instance.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
SOME HOW I ENEDED UP IN YEW. HAD TO WALK BACK TO BRIT. PKED ,REZ PKED
A PILE OF ARMOR WAS LEFT ON GROUND, AS I PICKED IT UP BOOM PKED. IT WAS A TRAP. ARMOR WAS THE BAIT. TOOK ME 3 DAYS TO FIND BRIT,MANY DEATHS. DINNA KNOW WHEN IT ASKED TO YOU WANT TO REZ,I WOULD LOSE SKILLS AND STATS.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
First PK experience: Traumatic.
Subsequent PK experiences: Traumatic.
Why do you think I like Trammel?

Clarification: I never tried or wanted to kill anyone. I was always the one PK'd.

Last edited:

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that's why there are still so many people in Fel. :rolleyes:
i wouldnt mind a pre AOS or UO:Ren shard. id play there , i just dont think the population would be the same. a lot of people would just stay in other shards. When UO first came out you were forced to tough it out cause thats just the way the game was.

i do remember the thrill of seeing someone in game and thinking: will this person kill me?! (or can i pk him when hes not watching? :p )

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my, that's interesting. Somewhere in the last few months I crossed the barrier where I've now been playing UO for a greater % of my lifetime than NOT playing.
I'm really not sure how to feel about this type of stat.

I've "lived" on the same patch of land in game for longer than I've lived in any house in real life, for instance.
Yeah, I started UO in Feb of 2000, turned 14 that April. I think one or two of my houses in UO I've had longer than my current real life house, but I can't be sure with my memory

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) OK I no longer play UO but I do still read the forums here from time to time. Ah memories. Ages ago someone pk'd my Queen Zen whilst I was fleecing sheep in Delucia just outside the gate that is. It took me a bit by surprise not in the actual pking of my chr. but the fact it was a BLUE. Now nothing ticked me off more than a BLUE murderer. If ya gonna play a murderer take your counts and GO RED ! Anyhow since I was pkd well I figured one fine day pay back is gonna be hell. That just me and there was no trammel back in 1998 anyhow. I had more than one character and rather than tarnish Queen Zen's wonderous rep. I got on my Pandora Deseree chr.

Oh she was a cutie, all red headed and running around in just a lil armor bustier and so forth...but the skill I had on her not only had QZ combat skills but magery too, and I opted though to just be CUTE and SWEET talk my way into that guy's character's life. :) Let me just put it this way, patiently waiting till he either got a crush on my lil Pandora or felt he could trust her enough to show off his wonderous large tower to me.

He had no clue he was letting in an alt of Queen Zen. um basically whilst getting a grand tour of his lg. tower......I attacked him slit his throat and cast enough spells he DIED I pkd his butt.

He was shocked and all I said to him with a very sweet smile...maybe this will teach ya not to mess with Queen Zen !! YA NEVER KNOW WHO I may be on multiple accts. of multiple chrs. and they are ALL ME !! :)

He said OMG Queen Zen ??? I said yesssss honey child, I am !!
His ghost giggled and said [remind me not to mess with her highnesss, Queen Zen eva again !] lol

Sooo I res' killed him ....my lil reminder that I ain't no fluff ball, esp. when ANGRY ! And I disliked blue pks far more, than any honestly red reds !! :)

Anyhow eventually I went over to Siege cuz well no trammel there and no dorky insurance but I enjoyed UO on this shard and Siege too.
Felucca sort of ruleset though is more my cup of tea ..game gets boring if ya never die or get pkd or PK others, with your own self. lol shoot I remember collecting bounty, looting their corpses if we killed a murderer too when we had the bounty system in game, and I got into doing that as well.

Last edited:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
]I also had a chr. whom I made when the savages were new in the game. She looked just like the savages, made her that way on purpose so I had fun blending in as best as I could with the npc savages and pkd folks like I was one of the savages. That was fun, when the npc game savages were not offing me/her.:)

And when they created Ttttttttttrammel, I made my chr. named Rainbow Brite soon as we heard they were gonna make this trammel to work her up ahead of time on her skills. I figured with such a dorky trammel sounding name if anyone in felucca seen someone named RainbowBrite they would immediately ASSUME, a noob trammie got lost and ended up in felucca. muhahahhaha

That chr I went RED on so unfortunately I tried as long as I could do so to work of her counts too try to keep her blue and thus deceptive lookin all trammy like in felucca with such a dorky name but I got tired of tryin to work of those counts and kept her red. Prefer red killas anyhow. But I just thought it would be amusing to have a chr. named Rainbow Brite and have die hard fel born uo players pre trammel era think they found a newbie that got lost in felucca and try to kill her off but hehe I surprised them. lol yes Rainbow Brite was my best pvp-er pk eva right here on chessie !!

But I was in ORDER and also in factions here too sooooo, diversity, we could be anything we made a chr. to become and that diversity, is what I liked about UO. I began playing UO back in 1998 and my first new expansion was the lost lands, we had no trammel back , no insurance either, back then ya earned your stripes, and rep. I liked it more back then prob. why eventually I did end up playing more by 2004, on Siege PERILOUS. lol

Last edited:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok comic first pking ever for me in UO. My son whom got me the computer and UO he is the one whom actually got home on leave and helped me set up computer and the making of my first ever UO chr. He named her, Queen Zen. He was in the USN at the time and figured we could hang out in UO wherever in the world he may be if he got time off to play UO.
So he was home on leave, teaching me HOW to PLAY UO etc. and some guy attacked ...my son. Well I could not help myself my rl MOTHER instinct took over and there I was on my noob and got all ticked off that some one attacked my son ....I think I had the 50pts. sword skill lol that was it and a bit of archery. . not enough to even defend my chr. But the guy ATTACKED my son whom played UO since it's beginning so he was a vet and knew how to handle himself.
Well the guy that attacked my son, interrupted that attacking and killed me.
The murderer heard my son say *type* Mom I told you to observe how I fight and to learn how to play UO !!!
The pk said OMG that is ur mom lol lol

My son said yeh and she don't listen to me worth a darn !

The pk res me and then my son and the murderer just both laughed at my ...temper in mother instinct mode.
The red said ...soon as ya get her trained up I think she will do ok in this UO world.

Son said ...maybe if she can control her temper when &&&&&& happens !!

lol
I said YOU ATTACKED MY SON...lol kill me no biggie np but he still my son even though he can fire a nuke off his submarine and a UO vet sorry momma instinct took over. lol :) So went the very very first time I was pkd, on Chesapeake shard back in the day.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Day one of my existence.
Recently born and found a bank. Looks interesting. Looks around... ew a dead body. Clicks it. "Looting this corpse will be a criminal act" message.
*looks over each shoulder*
*sees no one*
*grabs stuff... hmm clothes... wondering if I can sell this for more gold somewhere....*
"guards can now be called on you"
*looks around*
*still no one*
*tries on new skirt*
In swoops... oh who knows...
*wack wack*
"you are dead"

*wonders... do I have to make another character now?*