• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) What was the worst death you have suffered in UO ?

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know this blow is somewhat softened ever since item insurance went live. but what was the worse death you have suffered in UO ?

back in the day i went out for a night of Lich hunting, and decided to take my Indestructible,Vanquishing, Supremely Accurate Katana, along with some great plate i had . and lo and behold the power went out in my building (barracks back then !) for about 3 hours. when i log back in, everything was gone from corpse. i could have shot someone out of utter anger lol

oh , and i fell victim as a newb to the Ratmen death rune someone popped at brit bank once lol

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the days, when there was no Trammel, and where there was no more available land to build anything, not even a 7x7 woden cabin, I had finally found someone selling his 7x7 wood & plaster house.

So I gathered all my hard earned gold, and headed to the house in question. Once I got there, I entered the house, well, almost.. the original owner was standing in the way, leaving me in the porch, while one of his friends, hidden, appeared behind me on the stairs, stucking me there, and started whacking me to death, while I stood there, helpless. No house, and now without a penny, I had to start from scratch. Months of hard work, lost.

At that time, I started to work my technique, and decided any red crossing my path would die a horrible death...

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Back before AOS I was on Demon Island farming demons off a porch of a house. (Don't hate, I didn't know it was illegal back then.) A player came by and took "my" spawn. We had a row and he dropped a moonstone to Fel. I followed him through and we fought. Was a great fight, lasted as long as my pretty GM valorite suit of plate armor could against his warhammer. First he broke all my armor and then he killed me. We became friends after that. LOL

That was my first PVP and Maces kill armor lesson.