• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What used to take just a few minutes can now take up to two days??

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just recently came back to UO and I had to start a new trial account. I placed my order for a one-month game code. I remember when placing orders for items and game time from Origin Store, the codes would be delivered in minutes. Now it can take up to two days? What's the deal?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Origin has to verify your CC in order to process payment... been that way for awhile. Gotta love CC Scammers.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I have used PayPal for years to check out and get my purchases on the spot.

Never ever had a problem

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That being said if you're going to buy your game time with a CC you might as well put it into account management to bill you monthly, quarterly or every 6 months. No wait and you can log into your origin account and delete the card afterwards if you want.

I've had all my account auto renew on my CC via account management for over a decade with out a problem except when the card expires. Then I just add the new one.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That being said if you're going to buy your game time with a CC you might as well put it into account management to bill you monthly, quarterly or every 6 months. No wait and you can log into your origin account and delete the card afterwards if you want.
Not very convenient if you live in Europe, where the 6-month subscription from account management is about 50% more expensive than the 6-month gametime code from Origin (68 Euros vs 46 Euros...)

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I hear you friend....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
In the UK it would be £69.96 for 6 monthly payments but only £38.50 for a 6 month code, that's a big difference! As for the OP's problem, maybe it is only delayed the first time you use it, also other people have said there is a delay in some countries but not in others. I don't think I've ever had any delay in the UK.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just recently came back to UO and I had to start a new trial account. I placed my order for a one-month game code. I remember when placing orders for items and game time from Origin Store, the codes would be delivered in minutes. Now it can take up to two days? What's the deal?
Sometimes they also run out of digital codes :D You looking for some less amateurish managed game? Please move along...

OTOH there is little games with that much freedom. No matter if you just play the game, sell gold for a living or just have fun running an army of bots, UO has a warm place for all the people ;)

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA convinced me to keep them away from my credit card, I order EA cash cards from a couple online stores and put them in my EA wallet to buy game time with. You get your game time codes immediately.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I do not trust any website with my credit card or my debit card on my checking account. Any online purchases, including UO, are made from a "Prepaid Debit" card. I only load on the card what I am about to spend and it goes back to a zero balance within minutes. It only took one time of someone snagging my info for me to make that adjustment.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do not trust any website with my credit card or my debit card on my checking account. Any online purchases, including UO, are made from a "Prepaid Debit" card. I only load on the card what I am about to spend and it goes back to a zero balance within minutes. It only took one time of someone snagging my info for me to make that adjustment.
Paypal

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't imagine that anybody who has played UO for any length of time over the past 20 years wouldn't have an active and verified PayPal account. Instant delivery is a no brainer. *Mind Blown*

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The idea of going down to your local Gamestop, target, Bestbuy, or where ever and buying EA cards then loading them into your ea account to make your purchases works very well I hear for people who do not want to use their credit card or paypal.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't imagine that anybody who has played UO for any length of time over the past 20 years wouldn't have an active and verified PayPal account. Instant delivery is a no brainer. *Mind Blown*
Start your Paypal account planning on using the cash cards you could buy retail to put money in the account. Then give them either your credit card info or bank account info to prove your identity, they then will want the other for the same reason. I closed the Paypal account. This was about 15 years back.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Start your Paypal account planning on using the cash cards you could buy retail to put money in the account. Then give them either your credit card info or bank account info to prove your identity, they then will want the other for the same reason. I closed the Paypal account. This was about 15 years back.
Uhm have used Paypal for over 20 years. Never had a problem.....

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You give them both proofs of identity?
Whatever they asked for. Yes I have at least one bank account and a credit card connected there. Been working great and efficiently for decades.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Consider your mind blown. Have never had nor currently have a Paypal account. Have always used CC directly when paying EA ... do not use the store as there is nothing there I am interested in.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you don't buy or sell on eBay? Do you use bitcoin? I have credit cards and debit cards that I use regularly, but I prefer not to provide the account number and cvc/expire date if possible. That is where PayPal comes in handy as well as Samsung/Google pay where applicable.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Consider your mind blown. Have never had nor currently have a Paypal account. Have always used CC directly when paying EA ... do not use the store as there is nothing there I am interested in.
My accounts are set up on credit cards as well. Just updated the card when it expired and I got the new one in the mail.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Paypal wants to be your online BANK... why in the world would they compromise your information??? That would be counter productive to their goal which is to make online purchases easier and SAFER. I think of them more as an extension of my bank account.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Paypal wants to be your online BANK... why in the world would they compromise your information??? That would be counter productive to their goal which is to make online purchases easier and SAFER. I think of them more as an extension of my bank account.
EA wants to be your one stop shop for all your gaming needs. Didn't stop the Fifa hack from happening and compromising thousands of people's EA accounts.

Yahoo wants to be your main email provider, didn't stop millions of their accounts from being compromised two separate times over the last few years.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Paypal doesn't require multiple forms of verification anymore. They verify it by submitting a $1.00 USD charge once that is refunded. I remember when playing UO in the 90s that canceling the recurring subscription required me going to the bank and telling them to stop the charges... It's all old stuff. The start of internets was a tough time, but times have changed.

Paypal is very safe and I've used it for multiple years on multiple sites. Nothing is infallible, of course... but they are far from nefarious.

Those companies you buy prepaids from can be hacked too...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EA wants to be your one stop shop for all your gaming needs. Didn't stop the Fifa hack from happening and compromising thousands of people's EA accounts.

Yahoo wants to be your main email provider, didn't stop millions of their accounts from being compromised two separate times over the last few years.
upload_2017-5-29_15-43-27.png

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My accounts are set up on credit cards as well. Just updated the card when it expired and I got the new one in the mail.
I'm the same way. Mine are all setup with a credit card as well for my subscriptions because as far as I know, there isn't an option for PayPal on the EA/Mythic account management site. But for buying Sovereigns on the Origin/EA store one can use PayPal which I do. Netflix, Hulu, DSC, Sock Fancy, Lootcrate.. all PayPal. As usual though, EA/Mythic is about a decade and a half behind the times.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gave them the CC info as proof of identity, getting repeated requests for my bank info for proof of identity got tiresome. They had the proof from the CC. Why give them access to my bank account as well if they needed funds from me? The CC limit was far more than what I had Paypal accessing it for to pay a monthly service fee. I just dropped the service and then didn't need to put up with the 'proof of identity needed' notices every time I logged into my Paypal account.