What use are GM's???

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

ColdFire

i dont believe i can think of one....

they pull me out of the crowd to have me change my characters name or be banned... sorry looking at some names mine was quite tame...

but bring to their attention someone who is blatantly ripping people off and they do nothing.... and not just ripping them off for gold but cold hard cash....

i really am at a loss...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Sales for cash is not an area where GM's can do anything. As for ripping people off, what is a GM going to do? If someone is paying too much for a poor item it's their fault.

Obviously someone called a GM on you about your name. So clearly GM's are doing their job and thus have a use. lol

C

ColdFire

what is whose name????

the name of the guy ripping people off for 150 mil gold or 80 dollars???

T

Tazar

Based on prior GM rulings regarding a player named "Poo", it seems your name was inappropriate - and for some reason - you got paged on about it. Over such a minor name - you must have ticked someone off for them to try to retaliate via GM.

I think you should blame the player that paged and not the GM for doing their job...

C

ColdFire

well i am not laying blame on the GM's for having me change a name... i am ticked off with the fact that something as harmless as a name almost got me banned, yet when a player fraudulently offers an item for sale and takes off with the money and nothing is done... that is what i am ticked about... seems that the worse you are the more you can get away with... i just think that the GM's do not uphold the rules of conduct for some...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
when a player fraudulently offers an item for sale and takes off with the money and nothing is done... that is what i am ticked about...
That is not an issue GM's handle, so why would they do anything about it? GM's are in game support staff only.

D

DVDA

Did you actually see the GM or did he communicate via chat box or invisible?

If you saw the GM (Red Robe not Grey Hidden) then you should be writing about that since actually seeing a GM these days is more rare then spoting a Yeti or the Lockness Monster.

During World War II P-51 Pilot Major Robert McWheter's plane was named "Hoo Flung Dung" he scored 3 Ariel Victories before he was banned by EA for having an inappropriate name.

P.S. As homage to Maj. McWheter High Tech Creation's Game called Aces High (Similar to EA's old game Air Warrior) uses the Hoo Flung Dung artwork on the P-51s featured in the game.

Why? Because High Tech GMs know whats more important, Silly G rated phrases or outlawing hackers/cheaters

D

DVDA

Just wanted to add a list of other World War II aircraft names that were Politically Correct in 1942 but will get you banned in 2009 from Ultima Online:

Cumulus Woody
Miss Carriage
Creamer's Dream
Ex-Lax…Shht ‘n’ Git

Plane Belong to the 352nd Bomber Group

332nd Army Air Forces Fighter Group. The "Tuskegee Airman" (A African American Fighter Squadron)

W

Wolfways

What use are GM's???

I've heard that if you rub two together they produce imps that dance for you...:coco:

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
cowboyland
I always thought it was a good thing to give such people jobs. If they weren't GM's they'd have to take up stealing or politics.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Florida
1. if your dumb enough to get scammed, then you deserve it.
2. DONT SPEND RL CASH ON A GAME!.. dont get me wrong i buy a few mil every once in awhile but thats because i dont pvm.. i dont spend 100's of dollars so i can have that uber leet horse thats gonna get nerfed.
3. GM's are jokes.. they dont do anything like they used to.. prob because theyre not american anymore :D

W

Wolfways

ok... umm LOL? how the fk did you come up with this LOLOL:thumbsup:
Would i lie? :D

I think the last time i actually saw a GM was when my wife had to get a GM to remove a GM from her house.
The first one came to fix her house doors but crashed and got stuck under her house sign. The second one had to fix the doors and remove the first GM :lol:

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 3, 2004
Would i lie? :D

I think the last time i actually saw a GM was when my wife had to get a GM to remove a GM from her house.
The first one came to fix her house doors but crashed and got stuck under her house sign. The second one had to fix the doors and remove the first GM :lol:
I would have claimed that special GM Statue is an old rare I received and wouldve gotten the 2nd GM to lock it down for me on my sacrificial alter.

Anyways your wife should have locked the GM down in place (I so wanted to get a GM into my house and try to customize it. :D

N

NewYears1978

I agree GM's just aren't what they used to be.

I mean why is speedhacking running rampant, or other hacks.. I guess because they can't take screenshots and stuff as hard proof..

Still frustrating though..

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I would have claimed that special GM Statue is an old rare I received and wouldve gotten the 2nd GM to lock it down for me on my sacrificial alter.

Anyways your wife should have locked the GM down in place (I so wanted to get a GM into my house and try to customize it. :D
I sure hope you got screenshots of that! That is too funny lol