• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Traits Are You Investing In?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Working on my warrior presently. Focusing on crits and burst damage. Currently, my chance to crit is around 75%, heh. You?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That makes me feel like a noob. I haven't even started on any crafting... ;_;

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh. I always start a new MMO off with tradeskills. That way I can be a primary supplier for those folks who feel it necessary to race to "end game" and then sit there in need of consumables and such while they battle to be the "best" until the next expansion. :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw.. Dunno if anybody else is using these tools.. Gw2 Lore & Build Vault (both iPhone apps.. Not sure if there are android versions as well). There's a new section in Lore for people's tested builds that you can toy with on the fly with build vault. Found a great crit thief build I'm going to try out next! :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been evenly putting my traits atm in all catagories.

Crafting I have been working on.

I just put up a guide from Kowzz from Reddit about the Jeweler from 1- 400 on the portal

Neves

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My main in LOTRO is a much beloved Burg and I couldn't stay away from the thief class in GW2, so I have switched my main to my Thief, and his trait lines at level 37 are:

Deadly Arts (10) - Serpent's Touch (Stealing applies poison for 10 seconds) - Sundering Strikes (40% chance to cause vulnerability for 5 seconds on a critical hit)

Critical Strikes (7) - Keen Observer (Critical hit chance is increased by 5% while health is over 90%)

Trickery (10) - Kleptomaniac (Stealing gives you 3 initiative) - Flanking Strikes (Increase Damage by 5% when attacking a foe from behind or the side)

I run double daggers with Hide in Shadows, Roll for Initiative, Radiation Field, Signet of Agility, and Thieves Guild equipped. I focus predominantly on stacking Precision and Power, with Vitality as the preferred backup stat. :)

Last edited:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My thief is still my favorite, so I'm probably going to work him exclusively for a while. I'm aiming for condition damage:

30 Shadow Arts
15 Acrobatics
25 Trickery

Also using double daggers. Planned skills are hide in shadows, caltrops, shadow refuge, shadowstep, and basilisk venom.