• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] what too shoot to gain at 30

J

[JD]

to gain at 30 skill?

you should train it in town as high as it will go (40)
then add jewelry, you can probably find a nice imbuer to make you a +13 archery ring and bracelet for very cheap, giving you +26.

that should give you +66 skill and you can shoot ettins, earth elementals, and finally ogres in despise tram.

when you get bored around 75-80 trained skill, take off your jewels, get a golem and 100% poison dmg bow and shoot it in luna. but you gotta be in a guild or faction to do that i think in tram.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looking to power game it? or just gain while you out having fun? Fun for the win? go shoot orcs in the desert north of the city of zento

I

imperterritus

"what too shoot to gain at 30" ? nothing

1) go to New Haven
2) buy archery skill to 40
3) accept the archery accelerated gain quest
4) go to old Haven area of the zone and shoot the undead there

From 40 to 50 you will be gaining from 0.2 to 0.5 skill whenever archery raises (which is often in the 40s). Once you hit 50, the quest is over, and you'll be back to 0.1 skill gains at a time. So return to the Archer quest giver and receive a good beginner bow for completing the quest.

"what to shoot to gain at 50" ?

There are lots of good hunting grounds. I like the woods west of Trinsic, just below the river. Plenty of ettins, giant spiders, brigands, trolls, etc.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) go to New Haven
2) buy archery skill to 40
3) accept the archery accelerated gain quest
4) go to old Haven area of the zone and shoot the undead there
Sorry for barging in, but I have a related question. So far, when I've gone to any of the NPCs in New Haven to buy up a skill, they all say something like, "For less I will teach thee" and don't allow me to purchase the skill points. How do I get around this to buy up the skill before accepting a quest?

Thanks!

I

imperterritus

Gortman,

There is currently a bug (at least in the enhanced client) where in the balloon text you don't see the complete skill purchase offer. You have to look at the Journal to see the whole statement. There it will show how much gold he charges for the training. The cost is always 1 gp per 0.1 skill point. So if he is going to charge you 345 gp, you will buy 34.5 skill points. Most of the trainers in New Haven will let you buy skill up to 40.0. So in my example, you would have already had 5.5 skill points.

To actually pay him:

1) stand close to skill trainer
2) ask him about training the skill you want
3) drag that much gold onto him

You should then get a confirmation statement saying that such-and-such a skill went up. If this doesn't happen, you either missed him when you dragged the gold, you are at your skill cap, or the skill in question is not set to go up.

Also, once you accept a skill quest, you can't purchase any more skills. So if you want to train multiple things at once, get all of them bought first, then start accepting the quests. For example, a new warrier might want to do the accelerated skill quests for:

* Swordsmanship
* Tactics
* Healing
* Anatomy
* Parry
* Focus
* Chivalry

He should buy all to 40 first, then get the quests. If you already accepted one or more quests, then realize you should have gotten another one, you can drop all the skill gain quests you have, purchase what you need, then re-get the quests. There is no penalty.

Note that not all skills have accelerated skill gain quests. These include tailoring, all bard skills, and alchemy. Also, a few skills do have a quest, but you can't buy up to 40. One of these is inscription, which you can only buy up to 33 or so.

J

[JD]

^

I'll add to make sure the NPC has made the offer in the journal first. My first few times with this bug the NPC said for less I will teach thee less, and I knew that 400 gold = 40 skill so I put my hard earned money on them. And the NPC said something to the effect of "A gift? I thank thee"..