• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to tame at 101?

G

The tamable calculator isn't loading for me this morning. I can't find out what I should be taming at 101.0 skill to get max gains. Can anyone Tell me? Maybe the guide will be working soon. I couldn't even get Mordanna's page to load.

K

Kurgan

Just tame Bulls. You can go all the way to 120 that way..
Takes abit of time, but it can be done.

G

I was taming them this morning but couldn't find enough at one time. I didn't know they would take you all the way to the top this is good to know. I was in Delucia, jelhom, and Trinsic area. I try and force some spawn then. Thanks

D

Detharleon

personally I'm going to set up shop with a boat at the barrier island at Trinsic. So many damn animals on the island I can probably clear more hides than I could possibly use. Bulls spawn fairly regularly and I just bring a nightmare along with me to clean up and handle brigands that spawn.

G

Get a teensy bit of + taming jewellery to get you around 105 and hit ridgebacks. Bulls are slow, ok for a GGS pop, but if you want to max out the taming opportunities you need a heavy spawn.

Alternatively, zoo donations/twinked cu sidhe taming etc

Wenchy

I

imported_Tina Small

Put on a little more jewelry to get in the 105-110 taming range and tame ki-rins (or unicorns) in the Grimswind area of Malas. Gate 'em to the zoo to donate and jump back through the gate. The ki-rins and unicorns at that location respawn instantly as soon as you take them out of Malas. Or if your skill is at 101 with jewelry but your real skill is in the 85-low 90s range, tame and donate white wolves on Dagger Isle. They respawn very quickly too; almost immediately after I tame one, another one is spawning nearby.

When I'm in the mood to put in a few hours of taming training on a character whose real taming skill is in the 80-95 range, I usually alternate between doing both of these things (i.e., Grimswind and Dagger Isle). When I'm taming wolves, I often tame 4 wolves, use them to kill polar bears for leather (plus some lore and vet gains) until my backpack is full, take the wolves to the zoo, bounce to the bank to drop off the leather, and go back for more taming. There's always plenty of white wolves to tame, plus you get the occasional orc outbreak or a frost troll to kill and make a little gold and work on the magery and/or barding skills. All the gating to the zoo usually also gives me some good magery gains.

G

As usual Tina your help is great. My taming skill was at 101.1 and I gained .5 in lore and .3 in taming today doing the ki-rins. I am gonna keep at it until I get to 115 which is my current cap. Maybe by then I will find a reasonable priced 120 taming/lore scroll. Thanks again for your help.

The gate to the zoo and back is easy enough to do. Maybe I can help out the Zoo a little bit too.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you go to tame bulls. You will find you cannot force spawn them so to speak. The trinsic area and jhelom areas have 3 and only 3 bulls at 1 time. Now if your the only person there taming and killing. Each time to tame then kill a bull it will insta respawn. However if 2 or mroe people are there killing the spawn is slower. And no killin all the other things in the area will not spawn extra bulls and will in fact slow down the respawn rate. So as long as you tame and kill it should respawn right away and there is no shortage of bulls.