• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to be

P

Palin

*waves* Hi there! I'm new to WOW, been playing for a few weeks. I've been exploring all the different characters but I can't decide which one to go with for my main char.

It seems that they all have good and they all have bad things about them. I like the little gnomes, but only the "robed" ones (warlock and mage)... I also like hunters, rogues and paladins.

But... I'm going crazy now trying to make up my mind which one to play. I read up on everything and like I said, there's good and there's bad in all the classes.

Does anyone have a suggestion what a good first char would be? I will prob'ly solo a lot, if that helps at all.

Thanx!
Oh, I'm Karma Sutra from Stratics. I have joined your guild as a, uh, can't remember... haha... think it's a rogue. :eek:

E

Eldorian

For soloing I think Hunter is the best once you get past 10 since you get the pet.

I'd stay away from Warlock and Druid since they seem to be the 2 classes that are a bit tougher to learn the game from.

Of course I always tend to play a warrior/fighter type class whenever I start playing a game. Either way, if you catch me on Vek sometime I have a level 10 druid I can team up with you on.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy, I only just started recently myself, old UO guy and took a friend with me.

Now, my main is a hunter. Good fun, nice having a pet, I can solo or group up with folks, but.....I got tired of getting my butt handed to me by them Rogues. So I have a Rogue in the making.

So much seems to be dependent on if you are solo or with 1 or 2 others, or if you like the bigger group scene.

K

Kinetix

It's fairly easy to level up to say 20, can be done easily in one day. Play each char you're interested in up to level 20 or so and then choose which one you enjoyed the most.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should try out different characters. That's what I did. Basically what Kinetix said. Play them until level 20 or so and if you don't like that one, move on to a different one.

I did that several times, but didn't delete any of those characters. When I leveled my main to 70 (or it was 60 at that time), I broke out one of those never used characters that I just couldn't get into, and was able to play it. so your tastes may change once you have played for a while.