• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What the Kijustsu Anei Village Independence Day Means To Me

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
What the Kijustsu Anei Village Independence Day Means To Me
By: Lord Gareth

I know some may be a bit disappointed that the Anniversary falls on the same day as "Best Served Cold" but I also need to remember how many times the EMs have tried to launch that event. Now could we move the Anniversary to the 14th? perhaps... Could we move the Anniversary to the 16th?... perhaps but those are not the dates the Independence Founders said enough is enough. Enough of the dirty tricks being used on them. Enough of every undermining tactic possible used against them and their events. Enough of the public smearing campaign of their name on their runes and guard books. Those are not the dates people who spent years and years building the community here left everything behind and started from scratch. Those are not the dates some spent over 35+ hours straight, to attempt and lay the basic foundation of the village. All the history and years of work left behind to keep the Kijustsu Anei Village community together and continue to support not just its own people but other townships and the general Chesapeake Community. Those are not the dates when Kijustsu Anei Village, despite every objection and very little public support, went off to to found the Village as its own. Those are not the dates the Village OOC Leaders and Inhabitants would find themselves working almost 10+hours daily for 10months, pouring their hearts and souls into creating what we have today. All of this and more brought us to being an Imperium with Six township, many different alliances, guilds, tribes, clans, groups and more, being proud to be a part of it all.

Z

Zelda of Zed

Yeah Gareth! welcome to my world!, we have put with that crap for so long... how do you think i got the title shard trouble maker!, pancakes about these things that happen. You will just end up banging your head on the desk, going who in gods name put these folks in charge, and aint the damn kids back in school YET?

Are these folks really that childish and petty to do this.. YES THEY ARE!!!!!!

(sees the lock on the post comming soon)

Z....

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I thank you for your support but the post was more about what the Anniversary means to me. The struggles we all faced and why the date was not changed as so many have suggested to do. I did care that there was a EM event on it but that is life. I am also well aware that I am a shard reporter and have a responsibility to report the EM events BUT I hope people keep in mind that I only really have to do like three stories a month and it is volunteer work. I cover the EM events as much in detail as possible to keep everyone informed. So I hope people do not decide to take advantage of the situation and use against me choosing to cover the Anniversary over the EM event because this Anniversary means ALLOT to so many people.