• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What the heck is going on here?!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are the stickies not separated from the daily posts anymore? The forum looks too cluttered without the separation and as some of you know, I am NOT a fan of change. Someone fix this, please. And maybe ditch some of the stickies, too!

Thank you. That is all. o.0

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Switched back to Classic theme? Probably designed that way to force you to use the new theme.

From the New Theme - Blue Steel! article - "Blue Steel is the default theme for all forum guests and registered users. Registered users have the option to continue using UO Classic, but I will warn you that UO Classic is depricated and will not likely survive future forum upgrades and will not have all the same features available as Blue Steel"

Looks like its out with the old, in with the ugly.

Reactions: Kat

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh! Why do these new people have to come in and change everything up??? Has no one ever told you guys not to fix what isn't broken? Surely, you will break it otherwise!

:yell:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ugh! Why do these new people have to come in and change everything up??? Has no one ever told you guys not to fix what isn't broken? Surely, you will break it otherwise!

*Gives Kat a Cup of coffee and a hug*

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing things the way you like and not the way your customers like is always bad for business, You've noticed the number of posts being made has dropped since Stratics changed hands?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Switched back to Classic theme? Probably designed that way to force you to use the new theme.

From the New Theme - Blue Steel! article - "Blue Steel is the default theme for all forum guests and registered users. Registered users have the option to continue using UO Classic, but I will warn you that UO Classic is depricated and will not likely survive future forum upgrades and will not have all the same features available as Blue Steel"

Looks like its out with the old, in with the ugly.
Blue Steel thats Bo's look, bo is working on another look, and it is almost ready "magnum"

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shrugs* I see a lot of positive things as well. I would not have agreed with some of the decisions made. I also did not agree with every decision made over the almost (but not quite) 10 years as a volunteer for Stratics.

You can see I am supporting Stratics with a small donation. I have been a fan of this site since I was ran off Stratics because they did not want to see all the displaced posters from the now defunct EA forums. I wound up at IanStrorm instead. It was at that very small fan site that I learned to have a "voice". I was always a wallflower before. That whole period of time is worthy of it's own story. Just sayin'.

The glory days of Stratics kinda went hand in hand with UO. I got in when Renaissance was hot on the shelves. It came with Ultima 9...Computer salesmen still wore suits and net zero was the hottest thing going. Vanquishing weapons were the bombdiggity. Dread warlords roamed the lands. Trammel happened then. I guess it had to. I dunno, I was not there.

I really have seen some of the worst of Stratics. The moment I agreed to mod Siege the other mods on Siege quit. Just like that.

I lost 10k posts when NHB ( No Holds Barred) forum went down. I am not certain which buyer it was that shut that forum down. They all ran together there for a moment.

No matter how many negatives I come up with my relationship with Stratics has been pretty good. Some admins let me down. Some admins were awesome!

I chose my title. It is time for new ideas. I am sad that a lot of legacy might be gone... Maybe it is time.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care what they do or who owns what, as long as it looks the same. I do not cope well with change and my OCD likes things to look organized. I can't help it. I am trying this blue steel theme, but my eye is still twitching. I'll take that Dr Pepper now!!! o.0

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And by the way, if someone could fix our avatars, I would very much appreciate it and maybe overlook some of these other shennanigans! My animated avatar has not been animated in quite some time and neither has Bo's!

Who is moderating this here forum anyway?! I noticed the names have been removed. Are we allowed to run amuck now? Because I am all about running amuck!

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's fun to break things! And yes I agree with you that there are too many stickies.
The purple pony went away so:moo:

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lost 10k posts when NHB ( No Holds Barred) forum went down. I am not certain which buyer it was that shut that forum down. They all ran together there for a moment.
It was TGN, George ssomething or other.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I came on here to look at something and I was like.. woah what the heck has just happened started scrolling down looked at this thread. Kat our minds are just so much alike ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who is moderating this here forum anyway?! I noticed the names have been removed. Are we allowed to run amuck now? Because I am all about running amuck!
To answer your question, Me :)

Also, the Blue Steel theme was created because UO Classic and all the other themes that used to be available are no longer being supported by the people who created them. They are old, and the creators have chosen to move on to new things. Blue Steel, is pretty much the new version of Quark (the old black/yellow one) and UO Classic will remain available for a while however will eventually disappear because as you have noticed, some things no longer work, like the sticky threads and normal threads no longer being separated. There is very little, if anything that Stratics can do about that. On the bright side, some new colors and themes will be available soon for the people who do not like Blue Steel.

If you guys want the stickies to be consolidated I'm very happy to do that for you, however since I do not play Siege I have no idea which ones you guys like, and which ones you want removed. So someone would have to tell me exactly which to remove or combine.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have some ideas on getting rid of most of the sticky threads.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Un stick them all. Get a new idea on what is important.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captn Norrington - Since you seem to have the ability to get things done, who might we speak to about getting our animated avatars fixed?
And a way to block the damn things before I get another migraine from running across one of them that has that animated Tasmanian devil effect and get put out of commission for a day or so. It's the sole cause of my experiences with migraines and I've enjoyed not having them.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Captn Norrington - Since you seem to have the ability to get things done, who might we speak to about getting our animated avatars fixed?
@Nexus or @Oscar the Grouch may be able to help you with that, I'm not sure how the technical things work, but hopefully it's something that can be fixed.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We really do not need a where to shop thread. The picture thread was unwieldy and the rest were old news.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think we may need an updated list of going prices for resources and other stuff, else it can be very hard for new Siege players to get use to the Siege economy.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we may need an updated list of going prices for resources and other stuff, else it can be very hard for new Siege players to get use to the Siege economy.
They usually ask in game or they can ask here. Either way, it would be nice to see some people posting on this dead forum!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could just go by Supply vs Demand & Charging What the Market Will Bear.

If the price being charged is too high, don't buy the item and go after it yourself, the greedy dog charging to much on his vendor will catch on when the item never sells. Like on prodo, the prices on Siege have to change as the shard economy changes.We apparently don't have gathers willing to go after certain items or who don't consider the going price worth the time and effort of gathering the items. It looks to be a Seller's Market these days per what shows up on Vendor Search.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So about the time I get used to the damned Blue Steel template, they change it to mustard yellow?! Who is in charge of this awfulness?!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So about the time I get used to the damned Blue Steel template, they change it to mustard yellow?! Who is in charge of this awfulness?!
You can change it back to Blue Steel if you want to, by using the style chooser located at the bottom left of the screen. Underneath the "similar threads" section, there is the "style chooser" "ad styler" and "color options" all in a line.

The yellow one your talking about is probably the replacement to UO Classic that people asked for, I still use Blue Steel personally.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can change it back to Blue Steel if you want to, by using the style chooser located at the bottom left of the screen. Underneath the "similar threads" section, there is the "style chooser" "ad styler" and "color options" all in a line.

The yellow one your talking about is probably the replacement to UO Classic that people asked for, I still use Blue Steel personally.
Actually, I still have it set to the default Blue Steel, but what I am seeing is black and this mustard yellow color. I'm not a fan.

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just switched to the yellow, definitely the better of the two choices. :)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just switched to the yellow, definitely the better of the two choices. :)
Stop trolling me, Tanivar. I know you're posting that just to get me pissed off and trust me when I say you do not want The Kitty out of sorts with you. :twak:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop trolling me, Tanivar. I know you're posting that just to get me pissed off and trust me when I say you do not want The Kitty out of sorts with you. :twak:
I do prefer dark text on a light background lass that's the honest truth *laughs with a playful grin*
sorry about rubbing your fur the wrong way . :pie:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do prefer dark text on a light background lass that's the honest truth *laughs with a playful grin*
sorry about rubbing your fur the wrong way . :pie:
Well, I guess I can forgive you, but in return, you have to Like all my posts ! :thumbup1:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well hell... can I do that too?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I guess I can forgive you, but in return, you have to Like all my posts ! :thumbup1:
Done!

*Wonders if pushing her into the water and soaking her fur would slow her down enough he could outrun her... *

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done!

*Wonders if pushing her into the water and soaking her fur would slow her down enough he could outrun her... *
Tanivar - You can run, but you cannot hide from The Kitteh !!

And, yes, Kelmo, I could possibly be bought with lots of likes! :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord