• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What template(s) are you running?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It has been a long time since the taming forums had a good template thread. Please list your template & stats and explain what you like to do with your template. Gear and extra info a plus!

My current template is a Tamer/Treasure Hunter

Tipper Skills.jpg

My Suit
tipper suit.jpg

I am not worried as much about resists due to using a GD as my tank. I use the Novo Bleue and Etoile Bleue combo for luck. I will be adding Soles of Providence in the near future.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am running the following template:

upload_2016-1-5_19-0-13.png

All three suits have all 70s and 25+ int. My stats are 125/10/125 and I run human for that inherited 20 focus for extra MR.
Suit 1 has FCR 4, LMC 40, MR 20 and MI 48.
Suit 2 has FCR 2, LMC 40, MR 16 and MI 44.
Suit 3 has FCR 2, LMC 40, MR 20 and MI 48.

The difference between them are jewels, shield and books. Suit 2 uses the Crook of humility from the halloween Doom event. Suit 3 uses the tome of lost knowledge.
All of them use them mark of travesty with 10 animal taming and 10 animal lore and the birds of Britannia talisman from the library quest.
I usually run suit 1, only switching to suit 2 when I need to rez a pet or to stable them and suit 3 is for when I need to resurrect a player.

72 meditation with 20 MR plus 19 MR from the peace song are enough to allow me keep running both peace songs and still regen a small bit of mana with 3 pets on my tow. With a party between 5 and 9 people/pets, I start losing mana by running both, but the 198 mana pool allows me to run both for a very good while.
When too low on mana, I only run resilience to quickly build my mana pool back. And when situation is really dire, I eat a Autumn Dragonfish Pie for emergency extra 10 meditation for 5 whole minutes.
Resilience and perseverance running at the same time give my pets 19 hpr/mr/stam regen, poison resistance, lowered curse/bleed/mortal duration, 27 DCI and 27% damage reduction, increasing their tanking ability greatly.
120 disco allows me to debuff the enemy, making them even more effective at taking and doing damage.

And I wish there was a shield out there with 10 meditation. :p

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 tamers :)
Archer tamer

120 archery (100 real skill)
120 resist (i toggle this one for chiv, when im in pvm land)
110 tamin (100 real skill)
110 lore (100 real skill)
100 heal
100 ana
100 tact

Disco tamer
120 magery
120 tame
120 lore
120 music
120 disco

I run with either 120 medi, or 60 medi and 60 vet.

SW tamer

110 tame
110 lore
060 vet
120 magery
120 eval
120 sw
120 medi ( +10 staff, +30 juwels)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am boring.
120 Taming (+5 talisman)
120 Vet(+5 talisman)
120 Lore
120 Spell Weaving
120 Magery (+28 from jewelry)
100 Meditation (+11 from jewelry)
64 Focus

(I think that's right- doing it from memory)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Taming - 90 (115 with jewels, tali)
Lore - 100 (120 with jewels, tali)
Magery - 120
Eval Intel - 120
Spellweaving - 120
Vet - 90 (If I need to rez - I will switch out scrapper for the staff that has +10 Vet)
Med - 80 (90 with Scrapper)

The primary dragon I use is a rated 4.5 stars and plays pretty defensively. I heal mainly through Greater Heal spell and use Gift of Renewal quite a bit. The dragon serves as my meat shield and I will cast spells for extra damage. Having a level 6 focus allows me to do Word of Death at the end and get in lots of damage.

I mainly use the Spellweaving mastery for the focus bonus due to my Taming skill being very low. I've been contemplating reducing Med and possibly even Vet so that I could bring Taming up a bit more.

My sister has a very similar tamer, except she has Resist Spells instead of Spellweaving.

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystic Tamer

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Magery
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Resist

I mainly just use this temp to easily tame pets , rock form beat them down with RC's and hail storm,mass sleep, spam tame last target is almost too easy