• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What SPELLS or ITEMS bring enemy faction out of hiding?

• Thread starter Snake Eyes -U-
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

wee papa smurf

eq, thunderstorm, conflag pots, explo pots, REVEAL (lol) obviously a few others :thumbsup:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holy light and wither does not work...but its always funny to watch them try.

S

Snake Eyes -U-

eq, thunderstorm, conflag pots, explo pots, REVEAL (lol) obviously a few others :thumbsup:
Breather, I thought EQ only gives you damage but does not reveal you? I know meteor swarm gives you damage too. But what about chain lightning?

I'm looking for things to reveal or do damage to hidden opponents...*cackles*

G

Gellor

When did meteor shower(MS) and chain light(CL) change? They used to reveal.

Last time I played my stealther, EQ, MS, and CL all revealed with sufficient damage.

There is also the nice detect hidden skill.

Reveal spell has never worked against my guy... OTOH, I doubt the guy casting the spell had any detect hidden. I've stood in one spot after they ran through me and they cast reveal a good dozen times and never revealed me(100 hide, 80 stealth)

W

wee papa smurf

They area affaect spells does reveal you but not all the time, i think it might depend on your resists? But i have been revealed by eq and meteor swarm before

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends on how much stealth the guy has. If they have 120 stealth, your pretty much **** out of luck.. if they don't want to come out they most likely won't unless you trap them somewhere and for them to heal/cure. Its a real pain if they have HP regen too..

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is somewhat based on resists. The more damage done, the higher chance of revealing them. A direct-hit with a conflag is the best, though, as it causes many ticks of damage.

As for 120 stealth...it kicks ass, but EQs, conflags, explosion pots, and meteor swarms all work well enough against it. It still sucks against passive reveal. DP nox fields wont work so well against 120 stealth, however.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad thing is No Spell other than reveal should show them

But the sad fact is all area affect spells have a "CHANCE" to cause the stealther to reveal. I wish this were fixed adn related to not only the stealth but add Magic resist to the equation so it is more fair and maybe make resist more viable.

Also Explosion POTs should have no chance to hit a stealthed / hidden char since they require an actual target to throw. This also should apply to Meteor and Chain Lightning, but alas it has been bugged for ages and some even use third party programs to exploit this fact.

The only way you should eb able to actually directly revela a good stealther / hider is the use of tracking and detect hidden.

Of course a lucky conflag pot, poison field, para field, or other area affect spell that can be cast / thrown on any location should als have a chance since the stealther can always walk away from or around them.

Stop looking for a cheap work around and get tracking and detect on a char and sniff them out the right way.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Sad thing is No Spell other than reveal should show them

But the sad fact is all area affect spells have a "CHANCE" to cause the stealther to reveal. I wish this were fixed adn related to not only the stealth but add Magic resist to the equation so it is more fair and maybe make resist more viable.

Also Explosion POTs should have no chance to hit a stealthed / hidden char since they require an actual target to throw. This also should apply to Meteor and Chain Lightning, but alas it has been bugged for ages and some even use third party programs to exploit this fact.

The only way you should eb able to actually directly revela a good stealther / hider is the use of tracking and detect hidden.

Of course a lucky conflag pot, poison field, para field, or other area affect spell that can be cast / thrown on any location should als have a chance since the stealther can always walk away from or around them.

Stop looking for a cheap work around and get tracking and detect on a char and sniff them out the right way.
ugh.

Like Stealthers need any more of an advantage. They already have ninjitsu which is plenty. Smoke-****ing-bombs...... Throw in ones with parry and resist, so you cannot para or do a lot of quick dmg melee.. When you do get them revealed its harder keeping them revealed or on ur screen. Now you want to make everyone get tracking and detect...

Your crazy.. or stupid. You can decide which..

Its pretty much fine the way it is. Resist is its own reward. If you have it, you don't get mana vamped and look like a stupid **** bag crying that u get chain poisoned or mana vamped. Viability is there, especially when your neck deep in para fields.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As it is I think the pots and damage spells, as well as passive reveal, are a nice balance for auto-stealth and ninjitsu.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealthers aren't so bad to track/reveal.. The only time it's very difficult is when they have 900000 smoke bombs..

S

Saleena

Here is a temporary one for now until I can mess around with it for a little bit longer Just so you don't feel left out with no siggy!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed! And I like your SIG !!! Nice work looks good :thumbup1:
Thanks!! My good buddy "SUPRSalad" known as "Gemma" made it for me. I'm sure you've seen him all over the forums , great work. But yeah thanks for the compliment.. I'm going to starting making my own soon !! :)