• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What should tamers wear?

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This may seem like a noob question but, I have been a tamer for years and it's a char I have never spent time into making an acutal suit... The reason is I usually just peace everything and charge with greater dragon.

What do you guys play as suits?

I currently use a 100lrc with maximum luck and no resists, is luck useful at all anywhere now?

Looking for advice so don't hesitate!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wear a reforged leather suit with 100% LRC, 40 LMC and about 20 mana regen. My jewels are both the same and have SDI, FC1, FCR3 and +15 taming on each.

I pretty much let my pet do all the work while I stand back and tank with spells. I have been looking at making a luck suit using reforging but I'm still working out if its better to go for higher resists and LMC or lower resists and have some mana regen. When you say max luck have you got parts with 190 on them? I'm still pretty new to this whole luck suit business so would love to meetup and check your suit out.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wear a suit that would be more suited (no pun intended) to a mage I suppose. But that's because I generally prefer to heal with magic. So I've got max resists, max FC/FCR, LMC, LRC, MR, SDI etc etc.

I do (or did, only just returned) always run with a second account active though (yay for duel monitors) with a tamer bard in conjunction. So I have to heal both dragons with the one character, hence the preference for magic healing. The bard has a luck suit, and the two characters are always in a party.

Last edited:

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
DJAd I play on Europa, I don't necessarly have 190 luck pieces but over all I have over 1000 luck on my tamer

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DJAd I play on Europa, I don't necessarly have 190 luck pieces but over all I have over 1000 luck on my tamer
Ok great I have a few characters on Europa. I'll be on later tonight (UK time) if your about.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wear a 100LRC 70s luck suit with some MR and LMC. My pets do most of the work - I just need to be able to cast cast cast. :)

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Conclusions

Color theme so 2014, such wow:
Red with black accents

Priority to :
100 LRC
Full resists
Luck

Any remaining stats on:
Mana Regen
Lower Mana Cost

If you are maxed on taming/lore/vet you can invest in jewelery with:
FC
FCR

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Out of curiosity, why have 70's resist when using pets to tank? I am using a peace/disco tamer (one is on SS at any given time), music/peace/disco/vet/lore/tame are all 120 real skill and magery is gm. I currently have 20 med until I can afford a 120 magery scroll. My current suit is 100 LRC 40 LMC with MR and then I fit resists where I can. My jewelry is +intel FC/FCR. I have thought about all 70's but not sure if it is worth it since I let me pets do the work and I mainly cast heal if/when more than vet is needed.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my tamer, I have the same suit I've used for years. I saw no reason to redo it when reforging came out... really wouldn't have gained that much. All 70's is nice, but not necessary. If I was going to redo my suit, I think I would use refinements to drop the max DCI and up the resist. It really depends on what you want to do with your tamer, if you just want to be a heal bot, or deal damage or use spellweaving.

I consider 100% LRC and 40 LMC a must. Then MR, FC, FCR and Intelligence. Anything after that is just extra.

I have separate suits for my tamer. His main suit, a luck suit and his taming suit.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have 2 suits as well. My main suit is as described and then my taming suit is all 70's resist plus ( I have it set that it is all 70's with protection on) and then 100 LRC. I forget the LMC but I think it is about 40 with mana regen added in. I have a 3rd for taming GD's but it comes as goes. It is all Shame pieces that are cursed but the stats are amazing and make the damage I take a lot less.

I gave up on my luck suit as it didn't really seem to make much difference in the pieces that I looted. The RNG hates me regardless of what armor I wear. :sad3:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always start suits with full resists, then the rest boils down to the template requirements. The reason I want resists on a tamer is so I don't have to hide behind and rely on pets keeping me alive. So I can move around a spawn without being dead in seconds and I'm more of a team with my pet, rather than dependent on it. It also means I can use that same suit for taming because it's strong enough for lead taming.

With non-essentials like luck, if a piece fits my suit and has good resists, it gets integrated into the main suit. I have old luck suits and spare bits kicking about, it's just that I really notice it if resists aren't there, so I tend to sacrifice perfect luck for survivability ;)

Note, I still haven't bothered rebuilding suits with enhanced gear and all that fancy new-fangled stuff you need spreadsheets for :D I still do fine, my suits just aren't as l77t as the new kids, heh I haven't even used a charge of POF on anything ever, yet nothing has poofed on my tamers. So if there's a point I'm making there, it's don't stress out building the perfect suit up front, you can take it easy and build suits up over a longer period too.

Wenchy

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are making a luck taming suit. You prob don't need to go with all 70's resists since like 90% of the time you wont really be hit..
What I did with my Tamer/necro/mage luck suit was just get 70's in the more important resists physical, fire, and energy..
This way if you do end up getting hit you are covered for a melee hit, fireball, or a e-bolt...
Gives you a mix of effective resists and extra room for other mods on your suit..

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Like the other guys said, Luck, LRC, LMC, FC, FCR, and then resists makes a good tamer suit.
I also Implement a Totem of the void, or a Slither on my tamers suits.
That new Luck totem that is being released in next publish might be good for
a Tamer as well.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using perfection and honor with my Sammy gives me max luck. Is there a way to make that work for tamers?? That would resolve your issue if there is a way to make it work??

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A tamer nowdays with reforging and imbuing, and with the importance of the luck in the game now, its a must to have it. Im doing some tamers suits for sell that will have :

85/70/70/70/70 (85 phy for protection)

SDI 20
LMC 40
MI (total including +int) 50
MR 11
LRC 100
LUCK 2175
+15 magery
+15 med

It have tangle, sash, cloak, robe (well using the 95 luck) free slots. I have almost 2 finished, but still thinking which price ill ask for each.
The bracelet can be changed if need other skills, or none as well.

But i think a tamer suit like this one is the better option, and being a veteran crafter, is "easy" (not really easy, but used to) to make them.

Last edited:

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wear all 70s on my suit as I don't change armor when I go out to do actual taming. Have to be able to take damage from the aggro beasts.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using perfection and honor with my Sammy gives me max luck. Is there a way to make that work for tamers?? That would resolve your issue if there is a way to make it work??
Not really as you need bushido. I don't know about other players but my tamer is a tight template and I wouldn't have enough room for bushido.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido gives 1000 luck bonus if you achieve perfection on the kill. The luck is scaled based on how close you are to perfection.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would reword it and say that the luck is based on what step of perfection you are on. If I recall correctly, it is 10 steps for GM bushido and you must attain perfection through each hit in order to maintain/increase current perfection.

If you gain say 5 hits but then miss just once after those five, you're back at step 2 of perfection. But...if you missed again you're back at the drawing board, which is zero perfection.

Max luck is actually around 4k or so if you had all the applicable pieces and account age applicable as I recall several pieces tied to account age. Max on just the character though is around 2260...just gear.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wear something red, it will be less frightening for your next of kin.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pity luck doesn't give you any assistance in actually taming a pet or staying alive during the process hehe.

Remember red is good unless you're taming bulls for gains *grins* And if you wear bright colours, at least it's easier to see your corpse on the ground after your "pet" smokes you.....

Wenchy

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suit for my tamer. Just made it. I have never had a tamer before and I am loving my suit. I have been taming cu sidhes like crazy. Char is McCringleberry.

Maxed out Resist
100% LRC
1340 luck 1840 with luck statue
17 MR
40 LMC
2/6 casting
ring /Braclet 1/3 casting, 100 luck, 15 taming (working on taming skill)

Template (still graining)
Right now with jewelry
Taming 120
Lore 100
Magery 110
Spellweaving 120
med 120
focus 70

Attachments

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gawd I'd love to run into you on siege wearing a suit like that. There wouldn't be anything left besides your spell book. XD

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
When I make suits for generic pvm tamers. I generally just go for the basics.

84 Physical, 70s rest (75 Energy incase of elf). Physical for Protection.
6 FCR. Zero FC due to Protection.
45 DCI without a weapon, opens the player to having a spellbook/slayer.
100 LRC
40 LMC
Whatever is into Mana regen.

Super easy to make and costs next to nothing. Doesn't even need artifacts.