• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What should I do??/

B

Banner

I just bought the upgrade yesterday and got all three race change tokens... and three statues tokens...I just might use them on one of my other char. But the question I have, is it a good ideal to change the race of my miner/craftsman to the Gargoyle race. I'm hearing that the Gargoyle race makes a better craftsman. his stats are;

Mining 100
Smithing 120
Arms Lore 100
Tinkering 84
Med 75
Magery 64.3
Carpentry 61.9
Tailoring 56.5

So would it be beneficial for me to change this char's race to Gargoyle???? And I started a new Gargoyle char also but kinda confused on what kind of temp is best for him.... I started out as a Palidan.. Is that good or what?? Or does it realy matter?? I could just build him anyway I want like A mage or fighter.. I dont know I'm kinda at a lost here... You would think after playing this game for 10yrs I would know??? :gee: any help would be fine..

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just bought the upgrade yesterday and got all three race change tokens... and three statues tokens...I just might use them on one of my other char. But the question I have, is it a good ideal to change the race of my miner/craftsman to the Gargoyle race. I'm hearing that the Gargoyle race makes a better craftsman. his stats are;

Mining 100
Smithing 120
Arms Lore 100
Tinkering 84
Med 75
Magery 64.3
Carpentry 61.9
Tailoring 56.5

So would it be beneficial for me to change this char's race to Gargoyle???? And I started a new Gargoyle char also but kinda confused on what kind of temp is best for him.... I started out as a Palidan.. Is that good or what?? Or does it realy matter?? I could just build him anyway I want like A mage or fighter.. I dont know I'm kinda at a lost here... You would think after playing this game for 10yrs I would know??? :gee: any help would be fine..
you got tokens for updating to SA ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyles are better in Imbuing, Mysticisme and Throwing then other races.

Imbuing is Not a crafting skill, it enhance crafted items. If you add Imbuing to a crafter it might be good that it is a gargoyle. It can be nicely a stand alone skill.

All other skills work ok for a gargoyle. But it can not be a archer. And Throwing is a skill that only can be used by a gargoyle.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyles don't make better crafters. They have a very small increase of success chance for imbuing, but to my opinion it is hardly noticable.

I still have all my race change deeds, unused. And I do not plan to play a gargoyle ever.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
gargoyles I believe also have a increased chance when enhancing!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gargoyle imbues have an increased chance for enhancing.

I wouldnt recommend to make a miner a gargoyle char. Actually theres no known replacement for mining gloves and they cannot mount a fire beetle if things are getting too hot.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
huh, i just upgraded like three days ago. do the tokens drop in the bank box ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
huh, i just upgraded like three days ago. do the tokens drop in the bank box ?
Check your e-mail Rex and look for another code in the e-mail that had your upgrade code. It may be called a "promotional code" and it will be a different code than the one you entered on the account maintenance site to upgrade your account for SA.

While you're actually logged in on the shard where you want the tokens and on an account that is SA enabled, enter the "promotional code" on the Help gump, near the bottom I think. Assuming you put the code in correctly, you should end up with tokens spilled all over your backpack (six I think---3 race change and 3 for statues), as well as a bluish crystal for the vollem.

Although the tokens and vollem crystal were supposed to be early purchase gifts and were not supposed to be available after the end of September, it seems that EA "forgot" to stop sending them out. Hopefully they're still sending them out and you got a code if you only received your upgrade e-mail recently. I don't believe there's a time limit for actually using the promo code, but there was supposed to be a time limit for EA actually mailing them out.

Good luck.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mining 100
Smithing 120
Arms Lore 100
Tinkering 84
Med 75
Magery 64.3
Carpentry 61.9
Tailoring 56.5

If you plan to leave mining on that character, you would probably hate turning it into a gargoyle because that will reduce its strength.

Also, if you use a blue beetle and don't empty it every time you log out, you'll have to change your ways if you convert to a gargoyle, since they can't ride any kind of pet. If your blue beetle had stuff in its pack when you logged out as a gargoyle, the beetle would not automatically log out and eventually it would go wild and drop the contents of its backpack.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check your e-mail Rex and look for another code in the e-mail that had your upgrade code. It may be called a "promotional code" and it will be a different code than the one you entered on the account maintenance site to upgrade your account for SA.

While you're actually logged in on the shard where you want the tokens and on an account that is SA enabled, enter the "promotional code" on the Help gump, near the bottom I think. Assuming you put the code in correctly, you should end up with tokens spilled all over your backpack (six I think---3 race change and 3 for statues), as well as a bluish crystal for the vollem.

Although the tokens and vollem crystal were supposed to be early purchase gifts and were not supposed to be available after the end of September, it seems that EA "forgot" to stop sending them out. Hopefully they're still sending them out and you got a code if you only received your upgrade e-mail recently. I don't believe there's a time limit for actually using the promo code, but there was supposed to be a time limit for EA actually mailing them out.

Good luck.
thank you Tina very much. nothing in my email other than the confirmation one. oh well im just going to let it go, disgusted. lol

*edit*it's so funny this game ... i hit the help button and hit the promotion code button. i try to insert two things that didn't work and it says to please contact a GM for further assistance. I page one asking, "are upgrade tokens still being given out?" i get a response to contact billing with a link and instructions on how to contact billing lol. no yes or no just contact billing ...

B

Banner

Thanks for all the responses.. I think I'll just keep the miner/crafter just the way he is.. I was hearing all the hoop la about the new stuff the Gargoyles was able to do and was wondering.. I still have all my tokens and will problaly not use them. I have started a new char in the Gargoyle race because I think the flying around is some what cool.. Thanks again all.. Lanzar :grouphug:

K

King Durango

Another reason mining is terrible with a gargoyle is because you can not wear Mining Gloves and get the +1, +3 or +5 bonus. I believe this to be the case anyways. I tried using the "alter" option to make them wearable for my crafter gargoyle but it said it was not possible. Can someone else please confirm this? Thanks.

G

gjohnson5

gargoyle imbues have an increased chance for enhancing.

I wouldnt recommend to make a miner a gargoyle char. Actually theres no known replacement for mining gloves and they cannot mount a fire beetle if things are getting too hot.
When Stygian Abyss came out I turned my crafters to gargoyles because I thought I needed to enhance imbued items. It appears that
1. A recent change has allowed items made with special materials to still be imbued
2. My gargoyle blacksmith even with a +30 ancient hammer breaks imbued items...

So when the change was made to allow verite , valorite and other items created with colored ore to be imbued , item enhancement appears to have gotten nerfed for gargoyles.

So I changed my crafter's back to human