What scribed goods should I craft for selling?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 12, 2008
Luna, Atlantic
As a returning scribe, I am trying to get a handle on what scribed goods are needed most and sell best.

This far, I've created rune, BOD and spellbooks (filled) and so far the spellbooks are selling very well both modified and not). Recalls sell out like wildfire and gates so so-so, with Rez being the least purchased.

As buyers, what types of scribed goods do you buy? What else should I be making and selling?

Reactions: kRUXCg7

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Airstrip One
I'm surprised you sell recalls, seeing how they are available for 45gp on npc vendors (at least on Pacific).

I've never attempted selling anything other than spellbooks. That definitely looks like where the money is at. Probably because to most people it's a very boring grind getting those in-demand mods.

I don't even bother filling the spellbooks, and I've found most scribed books on my shard go up for sale unfilled. Filling spellbooks is time consuming while time can otherwise be spent on crafting the next super-slayer. Apparently most buyers of spellbooks already have a full spellbook and so they don't need another one.

I have contemplated putting full sets of scrolls on my vendor in case anyone wants to buy them to fill an empty spellbook :confused: Running like a business, I'd certainly price it according to the time and materials it takes to make. If it doesn't sell at that figure in a timely manner, then lesson learned.

Reactions: kRUXCg7

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 12, 2008
Luna, Atlantic
I'm surprised you sell recalls, seeing how they are available for 45gp on npc vendors (at least on Pacific).

I've never attempted selling anything other than spellbooks. That definitely looks like where the money is at. Probably because to most people it's a very boring grind getting those in-demand mods.

I don't even bother filling the spellbooks, and I've found most scribed books on my shard go up for sale unfilled. Filling spellbooks is time consuming while time can otherwise be spent on crafting the next super-slayer. Apparently most buyers of spellbooks already have a full spellbook and so they don't need another one.

I have contemplated putting full sets of scrolls on my vendor in case anyone wants to buy them to fill an empty spellbook :confused: Running like a business, I'd certainly price it according to the time and materials it takes to make. If it doesn't sell at that figure in a timely manner, then lesson learned.
I've had very good success so far selling full spellbooks. I was told that a lot of returning vets were asking for them. I sell a few each day. I've also sold various single scrolls (I have one of each scroll). I think sometimes people are just looking for a certain scroll to finish a book.

As for pricing, I have been using an online search site (I don't think we're allowed to give external links here) that shows the prices that vendors are selling a certain item. Then I price mine at the lowest price.

Runebooks seems to be doing pretty well too.

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 30, 2004
UK
As a returning scribe, I am trying to get a handle on what scribed goods are needed most and sell best.

This far, I've created rune, BOD and spellbooks (filled) and so far the spellbooks are selling very well both modified and not). Recalls sell out like wildfire and gates so so-so, with Rez being the least purchased.

As buyers, what types of scribed goods do you buy? What else should I be making and selling?
I've had a lot of success selling full sets of regular Slayer spellbooks, 3 lots of 6 alphabetically lined up in a regular backpack. I sell them for 180k so it works out at 10k per book. I've sold many sets so I figure the price is about right :). Spider, Ogre, Scorpion and a couple of others whose name escapes me always sell well by themselves.

Like you I tend to do well selling full spellbooks as well as Mystic and Necro ones. Recalls have been my 'bread and butter' for many a year heh. Don't neglect Runebooks either, empty and marked are always in demand for new folks and returnees alike (been toying with making 'mini libraries' to sell, 6 or so marked runebooks, town/dungeons/training/ etc., and the wooden benches to put them on). Been too drunk/lazy to actually DO it yet though hehe, I reckon they'd sell well, maybe shove a vase and some flowers in with them for on top lol.

*hic*

Lucy

J

Jingles

Personally I've also had decent sales selling the stuff you have sold as well as scroll binders. They don't fetch a lot of gold by any means, but my wife and I run a modest shop that tries to cover all the needs of our small but loyal customer base. To us it's not always about the gold but more to provide a helpful service to our very quiet shard. Gold is a nice + though ;)