• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What resolutions are available in the EC?

D

DDesire

I used to play with the KR client @ 1920x1200 and loved it but I see that they have stopped KR client now..

So is this possible in EC? I can't see **** using 800x600 with my monitor so classic client resolutions are out of the question :sad4:

( this will pretty much decide for me if I return to UO once again or not :p )

thank you.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can stretch the gameplay window to ANY resolution your monitor(s) can handle.

During the beta, I went as far as to stretch it across THREE monitors. It was laggy as hell, but it worked. I got an idea of just how much of a terrain map update range the game has beyond what we actually see in the game window too... it was a pretty interesting little test.

D

DDesire

thank you for the reply

but how big would the "black area" be? in KR it was pretty much minimal.

Would someone be able to post a screenshot in 1920x1200 resolution? ( or close to it ) would appreciate it alot.

this is an example on how it looked for me in KR.

D

DDesire

thanks alot ZD!!!
so it seems the enhanced client is just really based of the classic client and not KR at all as stated?

shame..

I'll return and dream of a KR gfx option.. is there a petition for it? :D

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There isn't a formal petition, just a group of us trying to make neough noise to make it happen.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How you get this perfect 1:1 scaling?
I just zoom out until it looks right. The number of "clicks" on the mouse wheel seems to change with the size of the view window and also which floor of the house I log in on. I would love to be able to save the zoom setting... hint, hint devs!

D

DDesire

There isn't a formal petition, just a group of us trying to make neough noise to make it happen.
Guess I'll join the group then, I loved KR when I returned to UO last time.

And maybe send some ingame feedback report :gun: