• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Rating Is Your Greater Dragon?

What is your greater dragon rated at

• Total voters

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to get a feel what the rating is for some people that use a greater dragon.

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a 4.3 and a 4.5. Really wanting 4.6 or Higher

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
4.6 here, my mainstay on production for over a year. A UWF guildmate had a 4.7 or 4.8 (I think 4.8) she tamed several years back. It was named Athena. I still have the stats written in a notebook, my goal for a long time was to find one better but then I discovered the joys of dexxers and just kinda stopped using dragons for a while.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a 4.5, a 4.3, and a bunch of 4.2's on various shards.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am running a 3.4 dragon turtle because the RNG hates me. :p
I am not a big fan of overgrown, fire breathing giant chicken.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is a "Mine is bigger than yours" thing but ratings do not always tell the story in actual combat. I've seen 3. to 4.0 dragons do wonderfully and consistently on normal "what dragons do" stuff for a lot of years. Our guild leaders wife has a 3.6 that a lot of tamers would poopoo but lemme tell ya, he's a beast. I saw him go against a 4.6 and he had the 4.6 relined until they pulled him off and would have killed him for sure. That's what is so wonderful about this game, pets and weapons and armor are all so unpredictable, when you get a combo that works, wow, it's fun and sometimes way above your expectations!!!!

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barely a 3.

Should really get an other one...

Today i tamed an abandoned turtle hatching that actualy had more HP then my GD o_O

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I run a 4.5 on my main tamer and my sister runs a 4.2. I feel that there are enough dragons for sale in the 4.0-4.3 range that you should be able to find one at a decent price.

If it's less than 4.0, I think as long as it has decent enough resists and max skills, you should be fine.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nobody brags about their 2.2s. :)

Mine is only a 3.1 but he's fully trained. I have a 3.5 turtle and (2) freshly tames 3.6 greater dragons, so the 3.1 will probably retire. Sad, but I let the new dragons eat the old ones.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I tamed a 3.6 tonight that was weird. I'm used to lead taming and walking in front of the GD, but this one *chased* me. I was constantly running from it, not walking. And it would cross a full screen in a second to get to me. If I didn't know better, I'd accuse it of speedhacking. The stats aren't the best, but if it continues to act like this after it's bonded, it's going to be far better then dragons with better stats.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tamed a 3.6 tonight that was weird. I'm used to lead taming and walking in front of the GD, but this one *chased* me. I was constantly running from it, not walking. And it would cross a full screen in a second to get to me. If I didn't know better, I'd accuse it of speedhacking. The stats aren't the best, but if it continues to act like this after it's bonded, it's going to be far better then dragons with better stats.
Was it in Fel or a Tram ruleset? If Tram ruleset, someone probably recalled while it was attacking them. They go hyperactive if that happens & get a speed boost, since they're trying to chase after the person.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It was Tram, but it lasted for at least 20 minutes...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That is one annoying bug. It can cause monsters to follow you everywhere when you are going stealth around.
And usually ends very badly when you have to stop hiding.

zeref

Visitor
Got 4 * 4.5 in my stable.
981hp, 647/125/551, 79/89/55/60/75, 128.7 wrestling, 112.4 tactics, 123.8 resist spell, 108.9 magery
941hp, 626/125/641, 85/89/45/55/75, 120.6 wrestling, 115.6 tactics, 112.7 resist spell, 110.5 magery
915hp, 617/125/565, 85/90/54/57/74, 122.6 wrestling, 101.7 tactics, 112.6 resist spell, 121.4 magery
902hp, 614/125/639, 85/90/51/56/74, 112.3 wrestling, 112.3 tactics, 118.8 resist spell, 113.8 magery

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got 4 * 4.5 in my stable.
981hp, 647/125/551, 79/89/55/60/75, 128.7 wrestling, 112.4 tactics, 123.8 resist spell, 108.9 magery
941hp, 626/125/641, 85/89/45/55/75, 120.6 wrestling, 115.6 tactics, 112.7 resist spell, 110.5 magery
915hp, 617/125/565, 85/90/54/57/74, 122.6 wrestling, 101.7 tactics, 112.6 resist spell, 121.4 magery
902hp, 614/125/639, 85/90/51/56/74, 112.3 wrestling, 112.3 tactics, 118.8 resist spell, 113.8 magery
Those are all Dragon Turtles? If so how many did you have to go thru to get those?

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 4.3 and a 4.4, I definitively saw a difference with my previous 3.8 that I "gifted" to my tamer on my secondary account.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TurtleStats.jpg Will the star rating go up as it's trained?

I just got this turtle bonded a few days ago and have done the roof with him twice....that's all the training he's had so far and he does pretty good :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 48736 Will the star rating go up as it's trained?

I just got this turtle bonded a few days ago and have done the roof with him twice....that's all the training he's had so far and he does pretty good :)
Not very much. The stats (minus dex, which you can obviously raise) and resists are a bigger factor than the skills.