• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What players do that pisses you off

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about Rob Denton and Bonnie Armstrong turning a blind eye on what is happening at the Origin Store. This pisses me off more than anything a player could ever do.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have another one! People that claim they were around in the beginning of UO, but cannot tell me correctly when EA actually owned the game, and fight tooth and nail with the excuse "when EA took over it ruined everything"....... ...... Really.... hmmm..... Very interesting.... LIAR!! You FIlthy LIAR!!
Ultima Online (UO) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), released on 24 September 1997,[4] by Origin Systems.
Origin era (1995-2004)
In February 2004, Origin Systems shut down. Ultima Online no longer had a named studio managing it. Development headquarters moved from Austin to Fairfax, Virginia.
Electronic Arts era (2004-2006)
Mythic Entertainment era (2006-2014)
In June 2006 Electronic Arts purchased Mythic Entertainment, the creators of Dark Age of Camelot. Mythic was tasked with managing EA's MMORPG portfolio, including Ultima Online. That month it was also announced that the anti-cheating software PunkBuster would be integrated into Ultima Online. This marked the first time PunkBuster would be used with an MMORPG to help curb cheating and exploiting. However, it was never integrated into the game, and in November 2006, Electronic Arts put the PunkBuster integration on indefinite hold.
Broadsword era (2014-)
It was announced on 6 February 2014 that development of the game would be transferred from Mythic to Broadsword, a new studio, that would take over future development.

There you go our history to date.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima Online (UO) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), released on 24 September 1997,[4] by Origin Systems.
Origin era (1995-2004)
In February 2004, Origin Systems shut down. Ultima Online no longer had a named studio managing it. Development headquarters moved from Austin to Fairfax, Virginia.
Electronic Arts era (2004-2006)
Mythic Entertainment era (2006-2014)
In June 2006 Electronic Arts purchased Mythic Entertainment, the creators of Dark Age of Camelot. Mythic was tasked with managing EA's MMORPG portfolio, including Ultima Online. That month it was also announced that the anti-cheating software PunkBuster would be integrated into Ultima Online. This marked the first time PunkBuster would be used with an MMORPG to help curb cheating and exploiting. However, it was never integrated into the game, and in November 2006, Electronic Arts put the PunkBuster integration on indefinite hold.
Broadsword era (2014-)
It was announced on 6 February 2014 that development of the game would be transferred from Mythic to Broadsword, a new studio, that would take over future development.

There you go our history to date.
Minor problem your early information is totally wrong. Origin Systems as a independent studio 1983-1992. Sold out to EA in 1992. EA Controlled Origin from 1992 to Present. Origin from 1992-2004 had the same role as Mythic and now Broadsword have, support the Ultima Franchise. While Origin Systems may have had more creative freedom, it was still EA holding the purse strings and in control.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about Rob Denton and Bonnie Armstrong turning a blind eye on what is happening at the Origin Store. This pisses me off more than anything a player could ever do.
To be fair I doubt they are turning a blind eye. What are they going to do throw a tantrum....... And then the EA Execs tell them to shut up and go sit in time out.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I love watching those conversations in GC, Player A. "ARENA!" player B. "Your on Right NOW!!!" a hour and half later after hashing out no this, no that, etc. they finally fight and then spend another hour crying in GC. Sure is a lot of effort for a 30 second to 2 minute pretty much naked fight LOL.
Yep that's Sur Annoying

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be fair I doubt they are turning a blind eye. What are they going to do throw a tantrum....... And then the EA Execs tell them to shut up and go sit in time out.
As upper management they could call EA/Origin and ask them what the problem is and ask that it be remedy ASAP. I would think that would fall under their job description. And they could also inform us what is going on so it at least appears that they give a damn about their customer base.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When people ask me for a price check on something over ICQ... and then when I provide it... argue with me that I am either too low or too high.

If you knew a price you'd be happy with, then why the hell did you ask?. Or... just say thanks for the price check and move on. Doing this to me is a quick way for me to respond with 'no idea' to your future PC's.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for annoying things with RP....

... People playing characters who are really old or really powerful and they were made... yesterday.
... People who emote what they are thinking. How can I tell that?!
... Pregnant vampires

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep that's Sur Annoying
So you can't ****-talk me in game, where you know I'll kill you (if you ever go to Fel, which you clearly don't), so you resort to doing it on Stratics? Since you clearly have issues (with me AND in general), you know where to find me if you ever want to stop being a keyboard warrior.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
When people ask me for a price check on something over ICQ... and then when I provide it... argue with me that I am either too low or too high.

If you knew a price you'd be happy with, then why the hell did you ask?. Or... just say thanks for the price check and move on. Doing this to me is a quick way for me to respond with 'no idea' to your future PC's.
If someone says I'm too low, I don't argue, I let them pay more.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As for annoying things with RP....

... People playing characters who are really old or really powerful and they were made... yesterday.
... People who emote what they are thinking. How can I tell that?!
... Pregnant vampires
I can think of at least a couple major book and/or movie series that allow for the pregnant vampire thing. The Blade series for one had a whole social division between born vampires and turned ones. What always drove me up the wall were the people who wanted to pretend that their VtM sourcebook was the one true holy canon of vampire lore. Whenever I would hear someone call themselves a "Tremere" or something I would just groan inside. My character is a native Sosarian, the convoluted Bible-fanfic backstory doesn't mean anything to him. They're almost as bad as all the RP drow who come from an "Underdark" they can never go back to because it doesn't exist in Sosaria.

Pretty much any lore issue in a character's background can be solved with a quick "I fell out of a moongate from a world where my existence made sense" and if someone can't be bothered to do even that much then whatever. I'm not letting them rewrite the world to include all their wacky tabletop lore.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can think of at least a couple major book and/or movie series that allow for the pregnant vampire thing. The Blade series for one had a whole social division between born vampires and turned ones. What always drove me up the wall were the people who wanted to pretend that their VtM sourcebook was the one true holy canon of vampire lore. Whenever I would hear someone call themselves a "Tremere" or something I would just groan inside. My character is a native Sosarian, the convoluted Bible-fanfic backstory doesn't mean anything to him. They're almost as bad as all the RP drow who come from an "Underdark" they can never go back to because it doesn't exist in Sosaria.

Pretty much any lore issue in a character's background can be solved with a quick "I fell out of a moongate from a world where my existence made sense" and if someone can't be bothered to do even that much then whatever. I'm not letting them rewrite the world to include all their wacky tabletop lore.
That's the beauty of opinions. Everyone can have different ones. An' yes, there are rule sets that allow them as well as half vampires etc. Doesn't mean -I- as a player can't find it annoying just as some such as yourself find the vtm ruleset use annoying

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That's the beauty of opinions. Everyone can have different ones. An' yes, there are rule sets that allow them as well as half vampires etc. Doesn't mean -I- as a player can't find it annoying just as some such as yourself find the vtm ruleset use annoying
I wouldn't say the use of it annoys me in itself, just the part where someone doesn't seem to realize that no one in Sosaria is going to know or care who Cain and Abel were, etc etc, unless they fell out of the obligatory portal from another dimension where Abrahamic religion exists. It's like rolling into Star Trek Online and not only roleplaying a Jedi Knight but expecting everyone else to roleplay knowing what the Force is.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders if Spock LARPs and throws handfulls of popcorn at pretend orcs yelling meteor swarm.......................

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Multiboxers.
I don't mind multi boxers that are using it without a script controlling multiple characters. IE very handy for building armor sets and imbuing resist on when you have another box open and your nasty Garg imbuer is making human or elf armor.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind multi boxers that are using it without a script controlling multiple characters. IE very handy for building armor sets and imbuing resist on when you have another box open and your nasty Garg imbuer is making human or elf armor.
This is the problem.
Players confuse multi-boxing with multi-clienting.
*sigh*

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the problem.
Players confuse multi-boxing with multi-clienting.
*sigh*
Not me but I get accused of Multiboxing often when it is multi clienting. In general terms it seems most people do not make a distinction.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*bangs head against keyboard*

I give up.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not me but I get accused of Multiboxing often when it is multi clienting. In general terms it seems most people do not make a distinction.
To put it another way: Multi-boxing would be me (or, well, anyone, really) on two archers/throwers at an EM event. I would just press play on the relevant macros - since ranged chars don't usually take hits at events, even as a whammy, I'd just Armor Ignore non-stop. For movement, I'd have the second account auto-follow the first one. If xhealing is needed, I can take care of that too.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To put it another way: Multi-boxing would be me (or, well, anyone, really) on two archers/throwers at an EM event. I would just press play on the relevant macros - since ranged chars don't usually take hits at events, even as a whammy, I'd just Armor Ignore non-stop. For movement, I'd have the second account auto-follow the first one. If xhealing is needed, I can take care of that too.
Exactly

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In the old days, I use to hate it when people said:
"Vendor buy the bank some guards" or something to that extent. I don't know why, but I hated that!

Today I hate when people call Felucca, Feluccia.
Vendor buy the bank guards some ale for the stable...haha. made me laugh

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1) Crooked traders that offer low price that is actually for RE-SALE profit but pretend you didn't know the reasonable price RANGE.
2) People who color their chat text color grey. (2D at least)
3) People who are constantly casting spells while talking to you.
4) Tamers with GDs.
5) #1

I dont mind selling at lower limit of the usual going range, but a 50% gap is a different thing. Or maybe next time I should emphasize "Consumers Only; Traders xxxx OFF"
LOL, that is cute ,they are castings spells because of the way they have pvp macros set up.. They are not goofing around. :)

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So you can't ****-talk me in game, where you know I'll kill you (if you ever go to Fel, which you clearly don't), so you resort to doing it on Stratics? Since you clearly have issues (with me AND in general), you know where to find me if you ever want to stop being a keyboard warrior.
Look Dude you attacked me in BugMans post when all I was doin was trying to steer Bug in the right direction. Now you follow me here and attack me here in a Post and a comment that has nothing to do with you. Honestly I have zero issue with you, don't know you , don't want to, Your certainly not worth talking to in GC because all you do is pick fights and Talk S..T then cry and whine "cheater" when you get your Arse handed too you. Please do Stratics and all it readers a favor and try to refrain from interjecting when adults are talking. Now go get an Ice Cream and cool down.

Now that's Sur Annoying :yell:

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GOONS that pick folks shop recall runes of the floor at the bank and then sell them for peanuts back to the mage shop... WTFs all that about...they makea few hundred gold really pissing shop keepers off

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
GOONS that pick folks shop recall runes of the floor at the bank and then sell them for peanuts back to the mage shop... WTFs all that about...they makea few hundred gold really pissing shop keepers off
I pick up books and runes all the time. It's like handing out Sears flyers at Walmart's front door lol. I don't go to your shop and drop runes for my Luna vendors ;)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Constantly abusing the help channel with inane sh** that has nothing to do with the game

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look Dude you attacked me in BugMans post when all I was doin was trying to steer Bug in the right direction. Now you follow me here and attack me here in a Post and a comment that has nothing to do with you. Honestly I have zero issue with you, don't know you , don't want to, Your certainly not worth talking to in GC because all you do is pick fights and Talk S..T then cry and whine "cheater" when you get your Arse handed too you. Please do Stratics and all it readers a favor and try to refrain from interjecting when adults are talking. Now go get an Ice Cream and cool down.

Now that's Sur Annoying :yell:
Im trying to figure out if this is a troll or legit....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If you say so ...roflmao. I have had super elite do*che Bags troll me when the boards had almost zero moderation...You merely gave me a ghost of a smile, try harder kid, you are no Rumpy.
Anyone with a memory knows what it was like back in the day. It was a bug ridden, ganker, griefer fest. Servers crashing multiple times a day. Yeah there were some good times. But it wasn't a utopia. The main reason people played it was because there wasn't anything else. lol

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone with a memory knows what it was like back in the day. It was a bug ridden, ganker, griefer fest. Servers crashing multiple times a day. Yeah there were some good times. But it wasn't a utopia. The main reason people played it was because there wasn't anything else. lol
And that was on a good day, LOL.

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
and I loved it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You had me at Rumpy. *winks*