• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What players do that pisses you off

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do players do in UO that piss you off? I will start...

They say "offer" when I want to buy something they are advertising.
Type everything in game using perfect punctuation and grammar. (insufferable)
Spam training spells at the bank and flood your journal.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What do players do in UO that piss you off? I will start...

I'll second the 'offer' response and add 'WTS enter name of item here'. Either set a price and sell, or take bids and auction it. Or, if you don't know the price, ask for a price check, even. :smile2:

I don't know how many times I've seen a WTS conversation go something like this:

'WTS X'
'How much?'
'Offer'
'Dunno what they're worth'
'Still interested?'
'Yeah, got an idea of price?'
'Not sure, make offer'
'Ummmmm'
'Make offer, u might b surprised'
'1m'
'Nah, the last 2 sold for 1.1m'

? Hehe

I'm often guilty of using decent punctuation and grammar. Yeah, I'm pedantic. :devil:

Cheers!

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When my recall spot is blocked or surrounded by 50 bagballs as I try to recall into my fel home with uninsured prizes and...oh... wait.... nothing to see here...move along.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Smack talk in chat

I've not been on the receiving end of it in UO for many years due to the population decline but when I see it happen and It drones on for what seems like an hour it saps my will to live.

It's just childish, and the worst part... Most of these people are not children, they are adults.

Sometimes I wonder how they function in everyday life.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People who trail a bunch of monsters onto me, then cast invisibility on themselves right when the group is within targeting distance.
I'm not naming names, but the person who does this regularly has done it so many times I'm not believing the "accident" or "coincidence" excuses any more.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People in my screen. I have no use for 'others' in this game

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For me its the people that cry about hacks and scripts after I fight them.
As a 100% legit EC user, whom also usually has video evidence that includes my task bar, this accusation gets old pretty fast. And even when I offer to show people "proof" that no cheats were involved, it doesn't stop the accusations. I guess some people simply can never admit that someone might be better or more skilled, or use better tactics... That would just be crazy talk right? Yeah... its always cheats and hax!!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-Trash talk in GC
-People calling others ret**** and alike
-Scammers and Trade"partners" always suspecting you being a scammer
-People using your nick /avatar's name to ruin your reputation
-Ass**** PKs trying to humiliate others
-People putting worthless stuff on their vendors for bazillions (like deeds went to barrels...)
-Shardhoppers invading EM events on small shards.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
People with no sense of aesthetics and their houses! :twak:

People who keep losing items due well-known game mechanics and come here and cry about it! :twak:

People who cast Animate Dead (?) on the corpse of the boss at events and thus turning it into bones. :twak:

People... :slap:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
As a 100% legit EC user, whom also usually has video evidence that includes my task bar, this accusation gets old pretty fast. And even when I offer to show people "proof" that no cheats were involved, it doesn't stop the accusations. I guess some people simply can never admit that someone might be better or more skilled, or use better tactics... That would just be crazy talk right? Yeah... its always cheats and hax!!
Particularly when they find out you're a chick.

Happens to me in other games.. .not so much UO. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Particularly when they find out you're a chick.

Happens to me in other games.. .not so much UO. :)
One lady I knew back in my beach wandering days would cure such static by having a guy arch over her and she'd do a serious of bench pressing reps with him, I was 240 lbs. Tended to quiet the garbage she took. :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
1.) Spelling Siege wrong with e before I
2. Calling me dude
3.) Ugly houses, big cubes, houses with a lot Water or crystal tiles and houses that looks like a church.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, isnt there a church-like museum right in the center of a city called "Safe Haven" on Seige?

:gee:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
People usually do that because they are hoping the buyer will offer them way more than the item is worth.

If you start out with "selling dragon 10m" the most you are ever going to get for it is 10m.

If you say "offer" there is at least a small chance that the buyer might offer you 20m for the 10m dragon, which makes the seller more gold.

I agree it's annoying when people do that though.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
On Atlantic I can understand cause there's a lot of people and a lot of chat. But I guess my pet peeve is people that spam Legends chat. This usually pops up during gift trading time. When your the only one chatting and hitting ctrl Q every 15 seconds it's a bit much. But I've gotten better at ignoring that. To be honest I can't believe the chat on Atlantic. The profanities just roll! How do people not know they sound like an idiot just spouting crap in public? I form an instant opinion of them. On Legends that's not a problem so when I visit Atlantic I'm use to being in the ghetto. I figure the Atlantic people gotta live there, I don't, so I don't care. Actually Legends is seriously such a nice shard I have a hard time thinking of any annoying people there :) I guess if I'm forced to come up with something about Legends it would be the empty lots in Luna with not even a house on them. Would like to dress up Luna a bit. Would love to see vendors everywhere in Luna. My other pet peeve is EMs that just lock down nonsense all over the place and never take them down. There's a couple places on Legends that make me cringe. Clearly no one oversees how EMs "decorate". Luna is starting to look a little trashy around the bank. I gag every time I recall onto the Trinsic west bank. EMs come and go but their junk lasts forever.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'll second the 'offer' response and add 'WTS enter name of item here'. Either set a price and sell, or take bids and auction it. Or, if you don't know the price, ask for a price check, even. :smile2:

I don't know how many times I've seen a WTS conversation go something like this:

'WTS X'
'How much?'
'Offer'
'Dunno what they're worth'
'Still interested?'
'Yeah, got an idea of price?'
'Not sure, make offer'
'Ummmmm'
'Make offer, u might b surprised'
'1m'
'Nah, the last 2 sold for 1.1m'

? Hehe

I'm often guilty of using decent punctuation and grammar. Yeah, I'm pedantic. :devil:

Cheers!
I can deal with that. If I think the item is worth 10 mill I offer 5. When they balk I say well what will you take? If I can't pin them down with that I just ignore them. The same item will be available in a day or two. Related to that is people that spam chat with a price millions above what the same item is selling for on vendor search lol

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Crooked traders that offer low price that is actually for RE-SALE profit but pretend you didn't know the reasonable price RANGE.
2) People who color their chat text color grey. (2D at least)
3) People who are constantly casting spells while talking to you.
4) Tamers with GDs.
5) #1

I dont mind selling at lower limit of the usual going range, but a 50% gap is a different thing. Or maybe next time I should emphasize "Consumers Only; Traders xxxx OFF"

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sitting around luna bank and permanently smashing their tambourines, lutes and flutes in afk mode!!!!
I just wana go mortal, bleed and watch them die slowly!

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sitting around luna bank and permanently smashing their tambourines, lutes and flutes in afk mode!!!!
Please allow flagging people macroing afk without moving a tile for 30mins!!!
How about we are able to shoot them with a special AFK Bow (Luna bow of macroing). Once five people hit them, something like a dart board appears on their chest with arrows in it. After say 20 different people hit them with the bow they get booted off? :p Moving one square resets it. (I'm still working on this)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
How about we are able to shoot them with a special AFK Bow (Luna bow of macroing). Once five people hit them, something like a dart board appears on their chest with arrows in it. After say 20 different people hit them with the bow they get booted off? :p Moving one square resets it. (I'm still working on this)
For every arrow a small amount of electric energy should be sent to a capacitor in the players mouse. The accumulated energy should be released by pressing right mouse button. The energy from 50 arrows would be enough to electrocute the sucker... :grin:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
For every arrow a small amount of electric energy should be sent to a capacitor in the players mouse. The accumulated energy should be released by pressing right mouse button. The energy from 50 arrows would be enough to electrocute the sucker... :grin:
Don't think we can sell the Dev Team on a real life player death penalty. I could be wrong cause they've been killing me for years.

Enziet

Journeyman
I have another one! People that claim they were around in the beginning of UO, but cannot tell me correctly when EA actually owned the game, and fight tooth and nail with the excuse "when EA took over it ruined everything"....... ...... Really.... hmmm..... Very interesting.... LIAR!! You FIlthy LIAR!!

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fighting a random player 1v1 in the field, the fight is pretty much a draw, they can't quite finish me off, I can't quite finish them off.... then they start talking **** about how bad of a player I am, blah blah blah. Well... you are having about just as much success in this fight as I am, so what does that say about you then??

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fighting a random player 1v1 in the field, the fight is pretty much a draw, they can't quite finish me off, I can't quite finish them off.... then they start talking **** about how bad of a player I am, blah blah blah. Well... you are having about just as much success in this fight as I am, so what does that say about you then??
I hate this. Had it last week against a guy who ran non-stop (just like always) on LS, prompting me to once again say "stay on my ******* screen" - I don't care if people keep moving a bit while they fight, but stop running 20 tiles away when it's a mage 1v1...but then again, archers do it too. Last few times in Despise, it'd end with me using spawn to my advantage and stamblocking them to prevent running.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another one! People that claim they were around in the beginning of UO, but cannot tell me correctly when EA actually owned the game, and fight tooth and nail with the excuse "when EA took over it ruined everything"....... ...... Really.... hmmm..... Very interesting.... LIAR!! You FIlthy LIAR!!
What was it 1992 or 1993 that EA Acquired Origin and its assets? Thinking fall of '92 but could have been '93, most of us don't keep that info pinned above our monitor :)

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What was it 1992 or 1993 that EA Acquired Origin and its assets? Thinking fall of '92 but could have been '93, most of us don't keep that info pinned above our monitor :)
Wikipedia says EA acquired Origin in September 1992, for $35 million in stock. So almost 5 years exactly before UO's launch.

Edit:
Just FYI, as of today (9-15-2016) EA's market cap is...
$24,798,064,686 (Yes, that's Billions)

I wonder if EA even knows it owns UO anymore.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never understood this. Why even bother trying to prove it? People who direct unfounded accusations will never believe you. You could show them the grass is really green but if it doesn't justify them not being up to snuff then they will always claim it's orange while sticking their fingers in their ears chanting la la la.

As for the op I take issue when someone just walks into a hunting area and starts attacking the mob you are. No hello. No hey mind if I join in. Just walks in and starts hacking away. Mind you its not the fact that they are joining in. That I don't mind. Just when they seem to pretend that you are not even there is irritating.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I try not to let things bug me but there are 2 things that do in the game.

1. Litterbugs. It doesn't matter if it's unwanted loot from a dungeon or runes advertising your vendor house. Clean up after yourselves!
2. Spammers. The spammer that is selling game codes or gold that goes to every shard and spams their message!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That doesn't mean much, I started a few of my accounts in 2000.

I couldn't tell you when they took over either, or Mythic for the matter.

I have troubles remembering when broadsword took over.

Doesn't make me a liar, just didn't care enough to remember.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That doesn't mean much, I started a few of my accounts in 2000.

I couldn't tell you when they took over either, or Mythic for the matter.

I have troubles remembering when broadsword took over.

Doesn't make me a liar, just didn't care enough to remember.
Right there with ya. As long as I can log in I wouldn't care if Burt and Ernie ran the show.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  1. Rose-Colored Glasses of Deluded Nostalgia when talking about Fel.
  2. Borg-inspired houses or virtually anything made of "crystal"
  3. 90% of Gen Chat (smacktalk or people who babble about their real lives to the entire shard for no apparent reason)
  4. Griefing of any kind, but especially at events.
  5. Childish, Jr. High antics of some people on GL. They know who they are.