• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What other skills does my mage need? - PvM

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've put my warrior/sampire character on hold and have been working on a mage. I've never had a mage char before so its all new to me. Enjoying it all so far but could use a little advice.

I currently have the following on my template:

Magery
Eval Intel
Focus
Meditation
I've been trying to get 120 scrolls for the first three skills but currently only got 110's. All the skills are trained to just over 100 (apart from inscription which is stuck at 95, I cant seem to make more than 3 scrolls at a time without mana drain!).

I was wondering what other skills might fit in with this current setup? I was thinking about some taming, but don't think I'll have enough points for the three skills needed for taming.

Also Mysticism and Spellweaving look interesting, would these fit in well? What do other people run template wish for PvM battle style mages?

I've only been back on UO about a month so still picking up all the new changes. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. :)

C

canary

I'm fond of this set up:

Magery (120)
Meditation (100, have a suit with high MR, which is super easy nowadays)
Resisting Spells (Protection because monsters love to disrupt, 120)
Eval Int (120)
Inscription (for the SDI and minor buff boosts) (100)
Stealth (80)
Hiding (80)

(I enjoy the last two because it allows me pretty much the freedom to go where I want without necessarily having to deal with critters I don't want to. Also, I have Stealth at 80, because at that point you will always succeed at trying it... put the extra into Resisting and boost a bit further with jewels. Very rarely do I fail Hiding at 80, as well. I run with Protection on as said, and with my Inscription bonus and jewels it is 105. I never have much issue then with creatures poisoning me or cursing.)

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(apart from inscription which is stuck at 95, I cant seem to make more than 3 scrolls at a time without mana drain!)

Make spellbooks, does not require any mana, and you will GM in a very short time.

Katrena

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make spellbooks, does not require any mana, and you will GM in a very short time.
Great advice, thanks! Managed to hit GM now and make a few slayer spellbooks on the way.

Training mysticism now. Then I think all my skill points are gone.

Bootleg

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Great advice, thanks! Managed to hit GM now and make a few slayer spellbooks on the way.

Training mysticism now. Then I think all my skill points are gone.
How are you getting on with your mage ?