• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What, no Bard Mage Weavers?

• Thread starter imported_KoolAidAddict
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_KoolAidAddict

Music 120
Disco 120
Peace 120
Provo 120
Magery 110
Weavin 100
Med 30

Peace it, disco it (or vice versa), EV and some furies, maybe a provo or two, switch to the scrappers and jump into tree form for some wam bam!!

Peace it, disco it,(or vice versa)then provo it onto the og lord, give it a shot or two of thunder, then scrappers in tree form for some ebolts until WoD time!!

Good times, I tell ya!!

G

You need more meditation than that or you will never be able to cast any spells.

G

The mana leech ability for wraith form is now tied to spirit speak. Plus you have to spend mana to make it back. You will constantly be out.

I

imported_Farsight

Not a bad plan. Mine is:
110 Provoke
110 Music
110 Magery (see a pattern here?)
110 Meditation
110 Evaluate Intelligence
110 Discord
and...
110 spellweaving

Yes, I'm aware that that adds up to 770 points. I have a really nice bracelet/ring combination which gives music, provoke and fast cast recovery benifits. I always have protection on, so fast cast doesn't do anything for me anyway.

And I'm not done training discord yet and am probably going to drop 10 points of EI and spellweaving to put back into music and provoke.

It's rather fun letting everything beat up on my pet ogre lord while I provoke things on each other or discord the biggest thing to let the ogre kill it quickly.

I

imported_KoolAidAddict

<blockquote><hr>

You need more meditation than that or you will never be able to cast any spells.

[/ QUOTE ]

Med doesnt seem to be affecting my casting.
Has there been a change Im not aware of?

G

I run 4x 120 bard with 120 weave/mage or 120 med instead of weave, depends on what I'm doing, if you have the right suit and use some patience, you will do fine...
I wear stitcher mitts
RBC
Spellwoven Britches
Vesper Museum Chaos Shield
Totem of Void
Boomstick
Brightsights
Pendant of Magi
Sleeves with MR.

The combo of LMC and MR do alright, also you can use the pendant and go to the shrine to bump up your MR but I never do

T

Trukx

He's just referring to the fact that your template doesnt have much in the way of Mana regen ability. Spellweaving spells are extremely mana intensive, even w/ max LMC. 30 Med and max MR suit typically isnt enough to regen for more than a couple of EV's and WOD. Similarly, even in reaper form, with no EI for magery damage bonus, those spells are pretty much worthless.

My bard was initially almost exactly what/how your first post template is and I killed every thing with EV's. Found that I couldnt do much in the way of high end paras because I couldnt keep up w/ the dispels. Redid it, and redid it again to capitalize on my suit and my current temp (I'll change out skills occasionally):

120 Disco
120 Music
120 Magery
115 Eval
110 Spirit Speak
115 Weaving
(on stones depending on what im doing I have 120 med/prov/peace)

I hang out in wraith form, disco, cast EV's, then mana dump w/ slayer book (if applicable)......with 110 spirit speak, I actually gain mana from even simple fireballs to regen. I use this temp for peerless/doom. If im straight hunting para's (balrons/succubi or something along those lines) I drop SS and pick up 120 med (plus alot of MR on my suit).