• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Luck you are using?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
More luck = more drops but killing slower so less luck but killing faster = more drops
Potion of glorious fortune so good it will make you mad

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After hitting the lucky statue 3700 with out 2550 and only getting about 5 to 6 drops an hour so far but I’m going to change hunting grounds see if that helps that’s if I log back in for more than 15 minutes a day

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After hitting the lucky statue 3700 with out 2550 and only getting about 5 to 6 drops an hour so far but I’m going to change hunting grounds see if that helps that’s if I log back in for more than 15 minutes a day
Where equally important the desert slow snow area fast with 5 or 6 people in snow area you get great drops

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rub the statue and drink the potion, many more drops.

Just made this suit.

1698009664696.png

An archer or melee can use it. Can use a Composite Bow at max speed.

The only Shard bound item is the quiver.

I tried it on my Archer/Bard but he has a ton of skills on items so he hits too weak.
The MR is very low. A melee guy doesn't need mana regen.

Gonna throw together a different archer on another account that has healing and Bushido.

Will see how that goes.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where equally important the desert slow snow area fast with 5 or 6 people in snow area you get great drops
The snow area (Winterspur) gives the most drops, but is also the hardest area. Especially when you have Sampires running around WWing down the normal spawn, while dragging a train of Paragons behind them because they can't deal with the Paragons, and they drag all the Paragons onto everyone else. Even if you're a template that can stand toe to toe and 1v1 the Paragons (like my Macer/Paladin), you can't deal with 6 of them at the same time (2 Para Skele Drags, a Para Frost Mite, Para Lady of the Snow, Para Fandancer, and Para Ice Elemental). Eventually, the entire Winterspur area is overran with Paragons due to Sampires being unable to clean up the mess they cause, and it takes a multiboxer with like 20 Throwers to clear it out.

Last edited:

Louboutin

Visitor
The snow area (Winterspur) gives the most drops, but is also the hardest area. Especially when you have Sampires running around WWing down the normal spawn, while dragging a train of Paragons behind them because they can't deal with the Paragons, and they drag all the Paragons onto everyone else. Even if you're a template that can stand toe to toe and 1v1 the Paragons (like my Macer/Paladin), you can't deal with 6 of them at the same time (2 Para Skele Drags, a Para Frost Mite, Para Lady of the Snow, Para Fandancer, and Para Ice Elemental). Eventually, the entire Winterspur area is overran with Paragons due to Sampires being unable to clean up the mess they cause, and it takes a multiboxer with like 20 Throwers to clear it out.
This pretty much. Sampire is just about the only build that can efficiently farm and is just so so toxic. I’ve tried bringing my peace tamer and it’s just not worth it. I just don’t understand how they can allow only one build to thrive. Your only other option is to be a Chad and create 10 throwers. Sooooo stupid.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1930 base luck on my pretty much playable paladin suit, including an old 10 mod190 luck shield.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Archer/thrower works for the event as does spellweaving.

they pretty much made the paragons non life leechable to even the playing Field and slow down sampires.

you only need loot rights for event drops. So ranged dexxer is better in my opinion.

Spellweaving range dexxer would be pretty good

I’ve run both a melee dexxer healer with a thrower and the thrower gets more drops.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My tamer (with mystic cus) has a little over 2k luck and i get about 8-10 drops an hour in the waste

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With 2,740 Luck and a Potion of Glorious Fortune, my Macer/Paladin got 45 drops in 1 hour at Winterspur. Thankfully, enough people were ganging up on the Paragons to take them down fast enough before there became too many.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My warrior gets about 15-20 in an hour with just 500 or so luck from the statue at winterspur solo

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Edit: Just did some re-resting ...
23 drops per hour with about 1000 luck on my warrior in the icy area. 14 drops per hour with the same setup in the desert.

About 15 (?) drops per hour with about 700 luck on my thrower in the icy area (can't remember exactly) .

I am manually insuring every artifact immediately though, thus losing time I could otherwise use to bash mobs.

Last edited:

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My basic sampire gets 55-75/hour with 2500 luck and a potion fighting in the Spur. That's a tedious hour of quickly attacking mobs and moving on to the next.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm a little late to the party here but I've just been using a luck statue (+1350) with a few luck pieces like minax sandals / luck earrings to get around 1600ish in my luck hour. Having that amount of luck with a high level suit outperforms a 3k luck suit due to it's lack of mods which result in more deaths from me and less deaths from mobs.

That said, @Anon McDougle nailed it that using a luck potion from the store is by far the best way to get drops. I will get more drops from running 400ish luck (no luck statue running) with the luck potion over running 1600ish luck without the potion... and it's not even close.

I think time of day (prime time vs off hours) can also play a bit of a factor. This event is a bit interesting compared to others when working up in Winter Spur because it's actually better for your drop rate to have more players around (generating more spawn). I've actually done pretty well with a mage during prime time dropping area spells / summons all over the place just getting 50-100 damage on everything I can vs running a sampire during off hours (which still has traffic on ATL).