• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What low level BOD rewards would you like to see?

B

Batir

I think most of us would agree that the rewards for low level BOD's are pretty much useless for higher level smiths. Mayhap we could get this revamped a bit if we put together a list of easy to impliment, useful rewards. About all I can think of at the moment is directed, low level enhancements:

Sharpening stone, 1% damage increase, limited charges on the stone, and a limited total damage increase.
Various powders or potions to increase a specific resistance 1% at the cost of another (perferably specific, but random would work as well), limited charges of course.

Perhaps as midlevel rewards the ability to add directed, higher enhancements, such as Mage Armor, Slayer, HP/Mana/Stamina increase/regeneration

If put in with proper limits on usage, I don't think any of these would be overpowering, and would be a bit more useful than another sturdy shovel.

Got any of your own? If we get a nice sized list, we can throw it up on the Ideas Den and mayhap get the Dev Team to take a look.

S

seas

a hammer which adds defensive properties for weapons or offensive properties for armour.

slayer hammer - together with 300+ of a rare resource(like the now no more loot blood vial or what it was called) makes a slayer weapon of the opposite kind of where you get the loot. so blood vial would make daemon or gargoyle slayer, and daemon bone random elemental slayer.

powder of temperament 2.0 - updated with new weapons..

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you defining low level as in skill needed to complete the bod, or the bod itself? (not entirely the same thing).

I think the sharpening stone is a nice idea.

I think the ability to alter the color of metal armor would be nice. I do think this should be a smith reward instead of a general purpose reward.

High usage tongs would be nice. Better than tinker crafted in uses.

If they were to do the powder to alter one resist for another, it would be preferable to make it specific. We have enough randomness with runics as is.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Portable forge - it should have a limited number of charges, just like all the other mining/smithy tools
Colored ingots - I'd like to get a small amount of colored ingots for turning in bods (similars to tailors getting cloth)
Maybe some smithy decorative items - colored forges, weapons rack, etc.

B

Batir

"<font color=blue>Are you defining low level as in skill needed to complete the bod, or the bod itself? (not entirely the same thing).</font color=blue>"

I had meant the BOD itself, but either really.

I like that sturdy tongs idea /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Simple but useful to all smiths.

G

Aye, I love that idea as well; Sturdy Smthy Hammers. I mean why not? Why make all the lower BoD rewards Miner only? BoDs are based on Blacksmith skill, not Mining, so why isn't there any low level Blacksmithing rewards?

As for the BoDs themselves, since that was what you really meant, it would be nice if the BoDs given had some bearing on the skill of the receiver. Say at every 10 skill points there's an additional 1 percent chance of getting a bump up in the BoD, similar to how Luck works with monster loot.

So even at GM there's still only a 10 percent chance of getting a bump, so it's not game altering or damaging to the BoD system. Higher skill is simply, and deservedly, rewarded with the BoD system.

Orinoko
Lake Austin

G

I really like the idea of a sharpening stone.

I'd like to see variations of PoT that would add 1% per charge to one of the elemental resistances. This would have to be reasonably hard to get.

For deco, I'd love a pile of damaged armor or weapons. That would look great next to my forge.

Y

Yablonski

I agree, I'd like my Smiths shop to look more like a smith shop, weapons racks, perhaps some kind of wall holders for special weapons, etc.

also, colored ingots for the lower BODs, like the tailoring system has cloth for rewards. Would be worth doing low level BODs.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sturdy smith hammers?

Get real......your hammer breaks, make a new one. About as much of a reward as a sturdy shovel.

Ingots as a bod reward?
So you make a LBOD using 750+ ingots and get.......200 ingots?
No thanks

Lets make the rewards either decorative (smithy) items, or something like the sharpening stone (great idea that one).

So we could have Powder of sharpening (adds +1 damage to any weapon)
Powder of Hardening (adds +1 PR to armour))
Fiery Solution (adds +1 Fire Resist)
Caustic Chalk (adds +1 Poison Resist)
etc etc

all to have 10 charges

Now those are rewards !!

Less of this random stuff I say !!
Let the smith choose what he's making

L

Lemia

Yeah I have to agree, I think sturdy hammers would end up about as useful as sturdy shovels/pickaxes.

L

Lord Blayd

Here are a few of my ideas:

Instead of just mining gloves how about special hued aprons that add +1, +3, +5 Smithy to your character, why do we get just mining gloves.

Decorative Armor, Like Standing Suits or something.

Hanging Weapons, maybe crossed or something along the lines of a taxidemery kit where you can mounts weapons on plaques.

Basically anything to make our smithys look better and I liked some of the other ideas.

G

gryphix41

how bout a once per day(? or twice?) reward of chopping an hour off of your 6 hour timer. Instead of having to wait 6 hours after that dagger deed, you complete it and have to wait 5 hours?

heh...as i write it im seeing tons of problems /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif but ill throw it in there anyway.

Like the tong idea, not all of us are tinkers to make a new hammer. Like the ston idea too!
Just as a bit higher reward, how about colored forges to match our colored anvils

G

magic ingots. They hue weapons neon colors. 4 different ingots, green, purple, orange, blue, and each ingot used in crafting ups the hue level 1%/5%/10%. So like you can have dull blue weapons/armour like a weapon with 40% cold, etc...But the HUGE bonus would be this would be the only way to get neon colored armour. Just think about how low end smith rewards compare to low end tailor rewards. Low end tailor rewards are special colored cloth that people want to buy! The low end smith rewards only really help the smith. It would be so much better to get something that other people would want to buy. Or just drop the anvils in the rarity scale a bit. Smiths need more profitable rewards versus "useful" ones. Hanging weapons, weapon racks, standing armour, etc....those would all make smiths cash.

G

Gato-LS

Agreed, Id actually go back to mining if I could use a portable forge. Just makes things so much easier for me.

G

I'd like to see a new ingot, maybe white, that can only be dug by 110+ miners (course we'd need mining PS's) and only workable by 110+ smiths. Make it a step above Valorite.

J

Jhym

otherwise we'd get Hanse's feared Uberweapon/armor explosion.

They seem to like property rewards to be scaled mid to high. My only other
quibble is that if they add more random rewards at various levels we'll have
a lot more of the 'I can never get what I want, I've turned in 300 bods and
only received one sharpening stone' type rants.

Sharpening stone at the level of a PoT would be good, however. Probably 10
charges, just like a PoT, with a maximum application amount.

Most suits and other decorations would need to be in the mid-high level
range (bronze or above) for them to be perceived as valuable. I'm wavering on it because I'd really rather house add-ons be under carpentry.

Some of these aren't really smith-specific, but they can be used by smiths.

So for low level rewards, some have been mentioned, I just wanted to add my
spin:

Sturdy tongs/hammer - 200 charges, 1% chance to add a random magic
property with low intensity (&lt;25% max).

Weightless Pouch - weighs 25 stone in a player's pack, but can hold 1
item/stack of items up to 500 stones in weight.

Metal backpack - increases your pack carrying capacity to 1600 stones
(of course if you can't move that's your problem.)

Hammer of Enhancement - has 10 charges, increases your chances to enhance items by 50% per charge.

Resistance Scales: 10 charges, allows the user to target an item, then to adjust the resistances within the item using the total resistances available in the object. Resistances that don't exist cannot be adjusted (ie no fire resistance, you can't move resistance points to fire.)

Elemental Scales: 10 charges, allows the user to target a weapon, then to adjust the elemental damages within the item. Damage types cannot be added, only modified (ie no fire damage, you can't move damage into it.)

Mid to high level:

Packhorse Enhancer: applied to a packhorse, increases its carrying capacity by 400 stone X the 'level' (iron = 400, valorite = 3600) ; can only be applied once to a horse.

BurdenPacks: converts any tamable creature to a packanimal, with 50%
more capacity than a standard packhorse. (Mongbat packee!!)

High end rewards:

Forge of Enhancement: Any items forged/enhanced with this forge nearby increase the resulting sizes of any magic properties. Depending upon the color of the forge, various properties can be increased by 5 to 35% over what the tools generated. (Bronze forge = fire enhancement, Shadow = cold enhancement; Valorite = ALL increased.)

Anvil of Durability: Anything created/enhanced by this anvil increases base durability by 50%. Anything repaired by this anvil will not lose durability with repair failures/successes.

Scales of Enhancement: (50 charges) Two items are targetted; the properties on each item can be shifted to the other item using a sliding interface, up to their maximum intensity.

Jhym

X

Xantech

OMG...**anything**....that stacks. I have more prospector tools, and Gargoyles' picks than 20 miners can use...

I know, not all that helpful, but bewteen the BODS that I have and the LBODS that I am trying to fill, I have two houses and 10 bank boxes stuffed with +3, +5 gloves...(I can't give the stuff away).

Perhaps more gold too? 10k gp for a 20 LBOD iron plate is just a little sad.

--X

X

Xantech

Come to Pacific, I'll give you a +200 pair of tongs...please this doesn't need to be a "reward"...hell, I'd make em and give em all away to smiths (oh wait...I already do...hmmm)

I just want a reward that stacks, if it is a "low-end reward"...or "a smithing bag of unlimited BOD storage"...

While we are wishing...how about some sanity in a UO world gone mad.

--X

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chest of BOD Storage

Will hold 100 BODs (and only BODs!!) and when locked down does NOT count towards lockdowns.

Do I win a prize for that one?
Tell me you don't just love the idea

U

uk_crafter

Id like to have one those ore carts u see dotted about various mines and smithy shoppes.

You could tie it to your mule to increase load capacity maybe?

plus it would make a nice decore item for your workshop.

D

Designer_Hanse

Hammer of En"Hanse"ment... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif Sorry, just had to...heh

Neat ideas!

T

Thodin

<blockquote><hr>

Chest of BOD Storage

Will hold 100 BODs (and only BODs!!) and when locked down does NOT count towards lockdowns.

<hr></blockquote>

And works similarly in your bankbox, so as to not disadvantage smiths without homes or who live from their bankbox /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

S

SirFist

Ok, I like the idea of an enhancement hammer which would increase chances of success when enhancing items and also some sort of bod storage reward which would let me store bods without using as many (or any) lockdowns.

Would also be nice to maybe see some smithing related jewelry and some decorative smithing rewards.

BUT, before I see anything new I want to see my runic hammers have the correct number of charges and I want to see my ASH's work again.

T

Thodin

Well, I thought I'd pop in and throw in my comments /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Appologies to Jhym, who had the most comprehensive post for me to quote from /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><hr>

They seem to like property rewards to be scaled mid to high.

<hr></blockquote>
Because they actually seriously affect things, balance-wise?

<blockquote><hr>

Sharpening stone at the level of a PoT would be good, however. Probably 10
charges, just like a PoT, with a maximum application amount.

<hr></blockquote>
And with maximum durability damage to help balance things (and give power of temperment a bigger use).

<blockquote><hr>

Most suits and other decorations would need to be in the mid-high level
range (bronze or above) for them to be perceived as valuable. I'm wavering on it because I'd really rather house add-ons be under carpentry.

<hr></blockquote>
I like, and I agree.

<blockquote><hr>

Sturdy tongs/hammer - 200 charges, 1% chance to add a random magic
property with low intensity (&lt;25% max).

<hr></blockquote>
Bleh, I'd just be happy with 'em being like sturdy pickaxes and shovels.

<blockquote><hr>

Weightless Pouch - weighs 25 stone in a player's pack, but can hold 1
item/stack of items up to 500 stones in weight.

<hr></blockquote>
You do realise how insanely in demand this would be?

<blockquote><hr>

Metal backpack - increases your pack carrying capacity to 1600 stones
(of course if you can't move that's your problem.)

<hr></blockquote>
Heh, crushed under the weight of everything you're carrying /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

<blockquote><hr>

Hammer of Enhancement - has 10 charges, increases your chances to enhance items by 50% per charge.

<hr></blockquote>
50% per charge is a lot considering how hard enhancing is - so either a single use item, or significantly lower that percentage.

<blockquote><hr>

Resistance Scales: 10 charges, allows the user to target an item, then to adjust the resistances within the item using the total resistances available in the object. Resistances that don't exist cannot be adjusted (ie no fire resistance, you can't move resistance points to fire.)

<hr></blockquote>
How about using the scales in place for dragon armour for this? Yellow reduces all resistances but adds luck, red increases fire but decreases cold. This should be only +/- 1 point of resistance at a time with 10 charges, and using it on an item damages maximum durability.

<blockquote><hr>

Elemental Scales: 10 charges, allows the user to target a weapon, then to adjust the elemental damages within the item. Damage types cannot be added, only modified (ie no fire damage, you can't move damage into it.)

<hr></blockquote>
How about relating this to the scales used for dragon armour? Yellow reduces damage increase by 20% but adds 20 luck (can only be applied to exceptional weapons). Red increases fire damage by 5% and decreases cold by 5%. Limited charges on this item, with max durability damage when you use it.

<blockquote><hr>

Packhorse Enhancer: applied to a packhorse, increases its carrying capacity by 400 stone X the 'level' (iron = 400, valorite = 3600) ; can only be applied once to a horse.

<hr></blockquote>
Hmm, well, 400 isn't a multiple of 12 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif. Could prove unbalancing, but to be honest, I'm not sure how /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

<blockquote><hr>

BurdenPacks: converts any tamable creature to a packanimal, with 50%
more capacity than a standard packhorse. (Mongbat packee!!)

<hr></blockquote>
Heee! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><hr>

Forge of Enhancement: Any items forged/enhanced with this forge nearby increase the resulting sizes of any magic properties. Depending upon the color of the forge, various properties can be increased by 5 to 35% over what the tools generated. (Bronze forge = fire enhancement, Shadow = cold enhancement; Valorite = ALL increased.)

<hr></blockquote>
Not too keen on this. Firstly, it's only usable by home-owning smiths. Secondly, as it stands, it's an uberweapon maker, and a must-have. Unlike runic hammers, it has unlimited uses, hence there is no end to the overpowernes this allows. Sorry, I really don't want to see this.

<blockquote><hr>

Anvil of Durability: Anything created/enhanced by this anvil increases base durability by 50%. Anything repaired by this anvil will not lose durability with repair failures/successes.

<hr></blockquote>
Interesting idea, I can't see that much wrong with it, either....

<blockquote><hr>

Scales of Enhancement: (50 charges) Two items are targetted; the properties on each item can be shifted to the other item using a sliding interface, up to their maximum intensity.

<hr></blockquote>
This could be used to create some very overpowered weapons as it stands - now, high failure rate, and risk to destroy both weapons would balance this somewhat. Perhaps also only allow the transfer across of one property, and up to 75% of it's maximum intensity.

J

Jhym

Lesseee...

1. 50% per charge may be high, though with some enhancements it's looking like we have a 1-5% chance even at Legendary, which would put my enhancement chance at 1.5 to 7.5%. You did understand I didn't mean a 50/50 chance for an enhancement, but an increase in the chance, right?

2. By scales I meant the graphic for scales, not dragon scales /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif. I prefer it to be a usable object that will be destroyed in the process rather than special ingot type addons. I do like the idea of being able to enhance with scales though.

3. 400 is 1/4 the current packhorse 'size', which I figured is a good multiplier to use.

4. On the forge -- yes it would be insanely desired, but notice I said 'high' end. I see this as being a valorite runic level reward at a minimum. (I could see this being a reward for Dragon Armor LBODS /php-bin/shared/images/icons/takethat.gif [do you like pain?] .)

5. On the Scales of Enhansement, they also would be high level, probably agapite to verite hammer level. So I wouldn't be too worried about them being over-available.

6. Hey, I like being comprehensive, it keeps the voices in my mind from taking over. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

Jhym

T

Thodin

<blockquote><hr>

1. 50% per charge may be high, though with some enhancements it's looking like we have a 1-5% chance even at Legendary, which would put my enhancement chance at 1.5 to 7.5%. You did understand I didn't mean a 50/50 chance for an enhancement, but an increase in the chance, right?

<hr></blockquote>
Ok, I'm a fool /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif. But still, enhancement isn't skill based, and there seems to be disagreement on success rate....

<blockquote><hr>

2. By scales I meant the graphic for scales, not dragon scales . I prefer it to be a usable object that will be destroyed in the process rather than special ingot type addons. I do like the idea of being able to enhance with scales though.

<hr></blockquote>
I know that /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif. Just a suggested mechanism and colouring scheme.

<blockquote><hr>

4. On the forge -- yes it would be insanely desired, but notice I said 'high' end. I see this as being a valorite runic level reward at a minimum. (I could see this being a reward for Dragon Armor LBODS [do you like pain?] ._

<hr></blockquote>
The issue still is that they have infinate uses and stack with runic hammers. WaaaaY overpowered.

<blockquote><hr>

5. On the Scales of Enhansement, they also would be high level, probably agapite to verite hammer level. So I wouldn't be too worried about them being over-available

<hr></blockquote>
The issue isn't the scales but the kit they can produce....

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just making sure, more than anything.

Personally, I think the bod reward should be based far more heavily on the ingot type than the item type. While there are items that require more skill than a particular ingot requires, the scarcity of the higher colored bods (out of several thousand, the best I have managed so far are 2 agapite sbods, one exceptional, one normal) should warrant a higher reward than a like bod for a lower level ingot, including the exclusion of the low end rewards that are possible.

While there are those that say this already exists, I disagree. The possibility of a DC runic runs quite high through the ingot scale, as do garg picks and prospector tools. As it stands right now, except in some extreme cases, PoT is pretty much worthless as well. The extra durability is nice, but unless you are getting weapons/armor in the 20's range, you will never wear one out before you get to a smith to repair them.

J

Jhym

As I recall Hanse did some checks to determine the expected vs real rate that the high end tools were coming out. I don't know if he's revisited that since, but it might be a good idea since we know Valorites were definitely given out (the original spec was that we'd see one or two per shard per YEAR, I'm curious to know whether that has changed.) For the forge reward, I'd want to see only one per year per shard on average. If the person is a nice person she'd put it in a public forge, if not she'd hoard it and make tons of money.

On enhancement, my understanding is that it's based on the current property and the enhancement amount -- so enhancing a 0 or 1% resist with 5 is far easier than enhancing a 12% resist with 5. Since they seem fond of steep curves, I presume the high end of that rate is &lt;5% chance of success. It's not a skill check but a random roll, so the percentage I'm talking about would increase the range of the success roll. I didn't mean to imply it was skill based, 'even at legendary' just pops out sometimes.

As for the scales, limiting the charges would keep them from hitting too hard on the market - say 5 or 10 charges (like valorites). That would let you modify a good suit of plate or a batch of weapons, which shouldn't be too bad in the overall scheme of things.

If the forge is still too much, then restrict it further -- make specific forge types (same as the durability anvil.) So you could have a Forge of Fire (increases fire-based properties... so cold resist would increase, fire spells, etc), a Forge of Cold (inverse of Fire), a Forge of the Mage (items have a larger chance of being mage armor/spell oriented.)

That way you'd need several types of forges to get the results you want.

X

Xantech

Why don't you win? Because it was my idea first.... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

--X

X

Xantech

ouch....

but on a more useful note, I'd love to have an en'Hanse'r item...if it stacked. Or even a Keg to store my powder of temperments in...we could even call it a "powder keg" (back at ya Hanse...hehe)

--X

E

Egg

I'd take that BOD chest over some dumb book myself. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

MysteryWombat

A +5 or +10 mining skill scroll would be very nice, especially with mining gloves broken. These should not overlap your chances of getting a smith scroll though; those are hard enough to get as it is. Maybe you could split the chance for a +10 ASH 50/50... er... 75/25... for a mining PS/ASH.

I don't like the sharpening stone idea, seems too off-balancing unless you limit it to the point of uselessness. How about another BOD, randomly generated by the BOD system and placed in your bag? That'd give me much more incentive to fill the junk BODs I'm throwing on the ground right now.

U

uk_crafter

Or how about an " iron works anvil"

You could use this to make iron work brackets like the house sign hangers, then combine that with the tinker skill ( which most mules chars have ) to make hanging lanterns.

Handy for all those dark large towers, and saves using heating stands and torches to light the stairways.

U

uk_crafter

Heres another,

A blacksmiths tool kit for making horse shoes and shodding horses to give greater speed or better stamina.

U

uk_crafter

Or how about those gold, silver,iron,copper wires.

Could use them to weave metal baskets for plants or restring harps and other stringed instruments to add magic properties to them.

With all the bards in the game im sure they would love the additional qualities you could add to their instruments.

Im not talking about slayer, but gold for example could add luck to an instrument etc.

All the ideas ive had so far i imagine wouldnt be to hard to implement, because they all use existing games graphics.

G

grmontan

This might have been mentioned already but ingots cost 8gp or lower. A small BODS requires certain number of ingots to be made so the cash equivalent when it is redeem should be more than the cost to make it.

Example. 10 SBOD Buckler. A buckler requires 10 ingots so 10 buckler is 100 ingots with the cost of 800gp. The value for the reward should be more than 800gp since you are a craftsman and need profit from your work.

S

seas

defence smithing hammer - can only be used for enhancing and only with weapons, uses the armour ore properties for weaps.
war smithing hammer - the other way around, adds 1-10% in one offensive property, gives chosen ore colour.

fire/cold/energy/poison smithing hammer - same as runic dc - bronze, but will only roll the relevant properties. like for fire: fire resist, hit fireball/magic arrow, fire elemental/dragon slayer, elemental converter changes to fire and so on.

S

seas

defence smithing hammer - can only be used for enhancing and only with weapons, uses the armour ore properties for weaps.

war smithing hammer - the other way around, adds 1-10% in one offensive property, gives chosen ore colour.

fire/cold/energy/poison smithing hammer - same as runic dc - bronze, but will only roll the relevant properties. like for fire: fire resist, hit fireball/magic arrow, fire elemental/dragon slayer, elemental converter changes to fire and so on.

G

I'd pay for that!
In fact I'd pay for about 50!

Damn handy for my Smith/Miner!

Personally I just want to see the BODs go back to 2hrs rather than 6!
The time is begining to take the Mick!

G

I have 2 GM tinks. one each on Sonoma and Chessy. I have NEVER made a 200 durability set of tongs. or any even close to that. I do, however, regularly generate tongs with as few as 30 uses. Since the only real value a tink has is making tools I find it disgraceful and disgusting that a GM can produce items with fewer uses than purchased NPC tools. Give us a break OSI and upgrade durability for GM tinker made tools.
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/wizard.gif

G

Gibbeon

I hadn't really thought about this until I read your post, but yeah! Smith decorations...that'd be sweet! While my main char is already an elder smith, I really do like the idea of smith aprons similar to mining gloves. As things are currently, I'd probably be more satisfied if the powers that be just either fixed or eliminated the items that currently either don't work at all, or don't work like they should (ash hammers, Powder of temperament, pre AoS runic hammers, etc). But this is cool stuff being discussed here! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Gibbeon Smythe of Baja Shard

G

what about a hammer which lets you select where you want to put the resists, the gm bonus to armor could be left random if they wanted to, but i think that this could be a nice little item, not overly powerful, since it does not add bonuses like runics do, it would just be a normal hammer, except that the user could select what they want to. dont know if it is really that desirable or not, but i think it would be fun to have.

i think replacing the sturdy pickaxes/shovels with hammer/tongs would be more useful, i mean those are really almost useless, but atleast the hammer/tongs are smith tools, unlike shovel/pickaxe being a mining tool... or possibly let the person have an option to have a mining tool or a smith tool when you turn the bod in. although this isnt an awesome reward, it should be one, as filling the really low end bodes, ie normal weapon bods and such does not take too much skill and atleast if you turned one in, you could atleast have something you could use instead of throwing away/tossing into a box that you never open.

also i think that the small bods should be slightly varied by the item you need to make, like exceptional iron should give a reward slightly better than exceptional daggers or exceptional ringmail.

BOD books/chest - one of the ideas, i think every smith(and tailor) likes. these are by far the one reward i want most. personally i think filling my bank and my house up with bods is a pain, as i never have enough room for them, and looking for a specific bod is really bad, even with them organized by number, exceptional/normal and material type it still is a hastle.

i think some of the decoration ideas would be cool. possibly a deed for a weapon's rack, would have all sorts of weapons and such, maybe a deco like a 'in the making' platemail or something, dunno, i would love to see something that is smith related for decorating, so that i can make the smith area of my crafting room, look more 'smithish'.

X

Xantech

oh ok...well...maybe not a 200 use pair of tongs, but darn close. I think I had a 150 or so before. You are absolutely on point though with the 30 use sets, kinda silly to make exceptional 30 use tongs as a GM Tink.

--X

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a randon reward that works like powerscrolls for weapon "scroll of "insert property here"
It imbues the weapon with the property listed on the scroll up to the 5 property limit on weapons.
The scrolls would be random and the better properties would be rarer to get, perhaps even elemental damages can be in that.
That would be cool for smiths to do and open up a wide trading market for those scrolls.
Can only be gotten from smith BODs of course.

U

uk_crafter

Some really good ideas been chucked about in this thread.

I`d like to throw one last one in......

An armour dye tub would be really kool. Not like the leather tub colours, as they allready match most of the coloured metals hues, but more like the weapon colours.

Some of those neon hues are quite nice.

G

First you need to get rid of all the Mining rewards and give them to the miners for BODs...

I would just make all the Runic hammers low end rewards with 15 uses each... make then as common as dirt...

I like the idea of a sharpening stone to increase damage of a weapon and powder of temp for increased durability, I'd like to see more of this...

I would also like to take all the Luck off of materials and put it on "Powder of Luck" 100 uses, 50 uses or maybe a high end reward...

With Vorperal Bunnies flooding the market with high end magic stuff, I don't see the harm to the game of being able to put 100 luck on an item...

I would like to see "powders" for each elemental resist as well, a one use item that brings up one elemental resist to 10 on any piece of metal armor... a powder for each of the resists, can only use once on an item

Tailors should get special "threads" to enhance an elemental resist... to leathers... I'm tired of getting special color cloth thats worthless because its so common....

Color anvils should have a purpose, like when used by a smith and same color metal as the anvil, then the piece being made should have double the effect of the material used, plus a bonus for an exceptional piece... But take out the "Random, hap hazard" way it does it now...

Crafters have no idea of what they are making anymore, its so hap hazard... I continualy make the same piece, over and over, waiting for a high resist to show up... what a waste of time and materials....

Materials should have a "known" effect Pri &amp; Sec effect for all materials and Dragen Scales should be used by both smiths and tailors as an enhancement material with one effect...

A type of piece should have a "known" value, not Hap Hazard (random) and a bonus for being exceptional and the maker should be able to place the bonus where ever they want to...

Just some thoughts...
Thanks for reading...

A

ArtsCrafter

<blockquote><hr>

colored ingots

<hr></blockquote>
The problem with colored ingots is that they're just "ingots." Cloth with special colors worked because cloth is cloth is cloth. But iron is not dull copper is not gold is not verite. The smithing sytem is designed to work with specific metal types, meaning that the colored ingots would never get used. (It's why you couldn't use the leather you got from cutting up dyed leather to make something else after the special leather types came in.)

So...

Either you'd have to have specific ingot colors correspond to specific metals (bright yellow = gold, bright blue = valorite, bright green = verite, etc.) and have those reward ingots COUNT as those metals, with a target-based selection of whether you're using the regular metal or the specially colored metal if you have both in your pack (this would probably raise objections since you'd have to have the specific material properties of that metal type if you wanted that particular color)...

Or you would just have to have all colored ingots count as iron. To get a specially colored item with material properties, you'd have to make the item out of the colored ingots and then enhance it (with "do not color") with the other material. Of course, you'd risk losing the item if it failed.