• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] what kind of weapon for pvm ?

girana

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got an valo hammer what kind of sword weapons shall i craft for pvm ?

C

Connor_Graham

That depends on what weps you already have. The 3 most popular are the ornate axe (or Guardian/Heavy ornate), Mage's Rune Blade, and Twinkling Scimitar. If you're running swords you want one of each to perform at your best.

S

Stupid Miner

i got an valo hammer what kind of sword weapons shall i craft for pvm ?
For yourself or to sell? If for yourself just make whatever weapon you like to use to most. Some templates love Whirlwind specials, some love armor ignore, others love feint, etc. Just pick whatever you're comfortable with.

Edit: OH! and wait til open beta tomorrow and test out all the new stuff before you decide.

N

NickyDishes

This is just my opinion but if u get a verite or valorite hammer u should burn armor not weapons........use copper and bronze and even gold for weapons....makin armor wil get u more moolah to buy what weapon u need

R

RichDC

If your going to burn weapons, with a val, think multi template.

The most widely sought after of all weaps is the Twinkling scimitar due to the +6%DCI.

If you hit a mage weap no pen with DCI and something else thats big money to a pvper.

You also have the added benefit of radiant scimitars being popular with the doom/spawn sampires.

That would be my advice.

R

RichDC

Even with the penalty, if they have the high DCI they can still sell for 20+ mil.
Very true, i know the weapon im looking for doesnt matter if its got the penalty.

Just was the high dci, hit fireball/magic arrow, HLA and possibly, HCI

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you hit a mage weap no pen with DCI and something else thats big money to a pvper.
Even with the penalty, if they have the high DCI they can still sell for 20+ mil.
Hmmm i have a Twinkling scimitar with:
HLD 50%
Mage Weapon -20skill
DCI 21%
SSI 20%
DI43%

Worth anything?
I thought it needs Spell Channel too to be of interest.

C

Connor_Graham

Hmmm i have a Twinkling scimitar with:
HLD 50%
Mage Weapon -20skill
DCI 21%
SSI 20%
DI43%

Worth anything?
I thought it needs Spell Channel too to be of interest.
It has to have the SC in order to be of value as a mage wep.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just my opinion but if u get a verite or valorite hammer u should burn armor not weapons........use copper and bronze and even gold for weapons....makin armor wil get u more moolah to buy what weapon u need
Nope. I totally disagree. Barbed Kits are still much easier to get than a Val Hammer and they can make armor that is just as good as a Val Hammer. For the cost of 1 Val Hammer, you can buy 20 Barbed Kits. 300 chances to make top-end armor compared to 15 with a Val Hammer or 30ish with a Verite Hammer for the same cost or effort.

One other thing....you can't make weapons with a Barbed Kit. You can only make weapons with Runic Hammers and only Verite and Val Hammers will get you 5 properties.