• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What kind of patch is this?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I logged in today on Pinco's and got some kind of patch that includes KO2GoPro, MyriadPro and youmurder bb_reg (or something like that). I'd post a screenshot, but I just had to unplug because of a lightning storm. Does anybody know what kind of patch this is?

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
This is a forum about a game called Ultima Online. I don't know what your problem is, but it sounds bad; with lightning storm and everything! :tinhat:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I logged in today on Pinco's and got some kind of patch that includes KO2GoPro, MyriadPro and youmurder bb_reg (or something like that). I'd post a screenshot, but I just had to unplug because of a lightning storm. Does anybody know what kind of patch this is?
Pinko's subforum is probably a better place to ask if you are curious.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, the first thing I wanted to know from you wise guys was whether this was a patch everybody got, since I don't even think Pinco's does patches anymore, before I started parsing the weird names

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
patch.jpg Let's not start debating how much better Pinco's looks than the default EC :) Anyway, back online, I see all those patches are fonts

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The PayPal donate button, the "Will work for food" UO equivalent.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those are fonts, as evidenced by the .ttf (TrueType Font) extension.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, I see they're fonts, just wondering why a patch would update fonts

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Those are true type font files, used to render text on the screen.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
true type font files, whats the problem? All this fuss over fonts.....Hmmm

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's no big deal, but let me try again. Everybody keeps telling me the patch are fonts. Well, that's obvious, I can see that. My question is why should fonts have to be patched in the first place? If nobody has an answer, fine, some of life's unanswered questions must remain mysteries.
Edit: You're right, this is a question I should have posted to Pinco's forum. I falsely assumed Pinco was not active but just checked and see he is. Sorry for the misdirect

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's no big deal, but let me try again. Everybody keeps telling me the patch are fonts. Well, that's obvious, I can see that. My question is why should fonts have to be patched in the first place? If nobody has an answer, fine, some of life's unanswered questions must remain mysteries.
Edit: You're right, this is a question I should have posted to Pinco's forum. I falsely assumed Pinco was not active but just checked and see he is. Sorry for the misdirect
they're fonts

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From what I understand, Someone was having issues with the existing fonts in the program files, and the creator of the UI was attempting to make sure that the problem wasn't more universal, by providing new, confirmed-functional, copies of the fonts, or new alternate fonts.

Not that big of a deal, just the date makes it suspicious (after all, there are several trojans that use 1 April as a trigger date, going back decades). Some programs have font patches and the like for April Fools jokes as well, though I don't believe that to be the case in this instance.