What kind of bow?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

I just gm'd bowcraft (repair deeds now on vendor btw)

While training to 70 in Heartwood I got 2 x Yew and 1 x oak kits. What shall I make with them?

Which bow style is most popular? Or should I wait for Leurocian's latest crafting adjustment to go live so I can make the gem-crafted ML bows exceptional?

If I do that, which bow from that group should I make?

For anyone who hasn't seen it:
<blockquote><hr>

We have the following internal crafting fixes queued up for QA to review: (No promises of course. I had to say that )

- balanced property getting dropped off runic made lightweight shortbows,
- mystic shortbow dropping the spell channeling -1

Those two problems in general should no longer happen on any of the bows. They were the same issue where the static property was being added after the runic ones were already chosen.

- Turned on the ability to make the following bows exceptional along with maker's mark:
* barbed longbow
* slayer longbow
* frozen longbow
* longbow of might
* ranger's shortbow
* lightweight shortbow
* mystical shortbow
* assassin's shortbow

In order to allow for an exceptional chance greater than 0 at GM skill, the success rate and minimum fletching skill have been adjusted.
Success rate is now 50% (use to be 40%).
Min Fletching is now 70 (use to be 75).
Exceptional Chance at GM is now 5% (use to be, of course, 0% and not possible).

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Composite bows, because they have AI and moving shot abilities
Heavy crosses for dismounters

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2007
Agreed, composites and heavies are the weapon of choice.

*laughs*
Anyone remember that Fatboy Slim song/video "Weapon of Choice" where Christopher Walken is running around dancing all over an empty hotel? Good stuff.