• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What items have you lost over the years?

• Thread starter Victoria Navarre
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OP Do you not understand the difference between loosing an item (pet) due to EA "staff" involvement (the event) as opposed to glitches?

The event, from what I understand caused some tamers to loose there pets. This was an event by EA "Staff" (though they're not really staff, more like volunteers). Some people might not have known that pets weren't alowed, ect.

A glitch is an unexpected side effect of code interacting with other code. The glitch isn't directly caused or witnessed by EA staff. It's encounted accidently by the playerbase and happens to more people.

This was an issolated incident, glitches are multi-shard.

You already seen what would happen if they DID do what you want them to do. I could just page a GM saying I lost a Blessed HoM and Orny due to lockdown errors and I'd get it.

Just let it drop, you're over-reacting. It's not a double standard towards tamers. And isolated event conducted by an EM caused some pets to disapeer completely, you're supposed to trust the EMs and not worry about loosing items. That's the difference.

If an EM stole your lamp post, you'd be in the right, but right now you're whining like a spoiled little child who wants everything there way.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your point Viper, but it's also not the players fault that items locked down in their houses for months disappeared. Or insured items stayed on the corpse, etc. It was someone's fault, but because there wasn't a witness or a name attached as in the case of the EM on Chessy, the items are lost supposedly without a chance of return. If an ethy can be returned, you would think other items can be as well regardless of who is around.
Of course it wouldn't be the players fault if it was truly the result of a glitch...I never said it was. lol

Was simply saying GMs have no way of knowing the difference between those who truly suffered from bugs/glitches and those who are lying where the loss of the items was their fault. (Or, of just, are just outright lying and never lost anything)

B

Beer_Cayse

essentially, yup. I lost several Soul Seekers due to the insurance bug when they were 400K or more. complain? here, yes - and was promptly told there was no insurance bug. <shrug>

But get a GM to recover it for me? Pfffft. I have a better chance of seeing a slab of bacon fly.