• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what is?

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what is the best way to get your fletching and carpentry over a hump. i been trying to get them to gain now for the last 3 days see i just got back in to dame fri and i have not gain at all from anything. so i was wondering if you all had and tips

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
fletching is best done by going to the city of Heartwood, which is accessible through a gate in the middle of Yew.

Go to the bowcrafters. The Bowcrafters offer 4 quests that are bow related....
One asks for Bows (a simple bow)
One asks for Crossbows (Ingenious Archery I)
One Asks for Heavy Crossbows (Ingenious Archery II)
One asks for Repeating Crossbows. (Ingenious Archery III)

See which of these items is the hardest one you can make successfully, and do its quest over and over.
(to get a different quest without accepting ones you don't want, pull a status bar off the NPC and fast-click it repeatedly until the quest name you want comes up, then accept it)
Remember to have your wood in the top level of your pack and have "Mark as quest item" turned on in the crafting menu. Make only the number you need for the quest, turn in, and get a new copy of the quest before making stuff again. When your pack fills up, get any runics from the reward bags, then discard the rest.
Also remember to take as much wood as you can down there. Say, 300-400 wood on you, and 5 pack horses/llamas loaded with 1600 each.

Carpentry, on the other hand, is a pain, as there really isn't much you can do to get rid of stuff you make other than throw it away. There are some things you can make to turn in in Heartwood, Britain Library, etc. but there's not 100% coverage of the skill from 30 to GM with quests like Fletching has.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Carpentry tips:

1. Craft items with 50-60 chance to success
You see your chances in the menu

2. Craft items that requires wood only

3. Don't worry about amount of boards per item
Craft chests (30-40 boards per one) if they gives you the best chances
There is no reason to spent an hour just to save 100-200k gold

4. If you need Arms Lore craft weapon

5. Since you can't recycle wood you need some way to get rid of crafted items fast
Put boards in a bag, select "make max amount", throw the bag in a trash can
If you need MR craft weapon from oak boards and unravel container

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alacrity scrolls are useful for carpentry and they are fairly cheap compared to more popular skills.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a soulstone mishap and had to retrain fletching about 2months ago. I went from 0-100 in a little over 2 hours.
I stocked up on 10 alacrity scrolls before hand. Only had to use 8 total..
Dont remember the exact skill #i started training what at.. But i can give u a round about of how i did it.
Had a stock of 60k boards and nothing in my pack so i could hold as many boards i can at a time.
I ate a blue after everyone ended.
At 0 i started off making arrow shafts. Each try burns thru every board u are holding. You will gain incredibly fast. I kept crafting till i had about a 90-95% chance to make the shafts, then I switched.
After I hit that I had to make a Bows for a bit till i hit enough skill to make fukiyia darts.
Then I made the darts till ihit about 90-95% success rate on them. These like the shafts will burn thru every board u hold on each try. You can gain multiple times from each try like with the shafts. With beeing under the alacrity effects u will gain very fast.
I don't remember how high they took my skill but it was a good amount.
After the darts i made heavy xbows til 90
then repeating crossbows the rest of the way

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
After I hit that I had to make a Bows for a bit till i hit enough skill to make fukiyia darts.
I believe you could just take a fletcher talisman on instead (and start to craft darts right after shafts).

Last edited: