• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is your main activity in game?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious what everyone does in game. Myself it collecting Zoogies either overland or under ground, I got hooked on the ants when they arrived with LBR and have been doing the bag, powder, and seed quest since then. When not kicking the ant hill I like to craft things and hunt overland critters and occasionally I even pvp, not very good at it but still have fun with pvp now and then. I play mostly on Siege but take breaks from Siege on legends and atlantic here and there. I guess I don't get the UO burnout or constant need for new content since I can't play consistently from April through October and when I start playing again in late Oct. or Early November everything is new again in a sense. So what your in game thing?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killin' monsters. Gathering imbuing stuff. Doing whatever new junk is out to do. Workin' skills if I gots a spare ss. I DO burn out on UO fairly quick. Usually I'm active in October for Halloween hi-jinks, then play till one day I just have no interest in logging in... usually before November is up. Then back to opening my account every 90 days to keep my house up, till next October unless they add in something worth doing, or if I get some wild hair to play in the interim. :p

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to always be training one skill or another. I'm not sure what I'd do with my time in game if I had suddenly felt satisfied with my template. XD

On my thief I am hitting the hot spots looking for marks. The rest of the time I'm grinding out potions to sell on my busy vendor.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvM like Spawns, Peerless and Imbuing Ingreds.
PvP if the need arises.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and getting sweet sparkly EM rares at IDOCs! *bragging* :D

Sorry. Good UO day, today!!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately, it's been training up a new account. Although I reactivated my Rico account...I need something new. I have actually been building up a dexxer template to be a detective in the future.

Kinda fun playing on an account without any of the stuff I collected over the years...la

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... Myself it collecting Zoogies either overland or under ground, I got hooked on the ants when they arrived with LBR and have been doing the bag, powder, and seed quest since then. ....
Do you keep a vendor for your powder? ;)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TheScoundrel said:
Kinda fun playing on an account without any of the stuff I collected over the years...la
I opened a second account to do exactly that! Funny thing is that my new character has more gold and a bigger house than my established account now. XD

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The funny thing is, people used to wonder how much money there was playing a thief. I used to tell them, if done "right", very little. LOL. Now that I am actually training a character that doesn't have the stealing skill, I am putting gold in my account much more often than I used to...la

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I really thought someone would pick that up, but it just kept sitting there :) If you got nothing else that was worth the wait ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really thought someone would pick that up, but it just kept sitting there :) If you got nothing else that was worth the wait ;)
Yah fer sure. I got some other cool things too. Was a good time. :p

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fish and chop and mine and trick or treat right now, oh and trade quests. At other times I like to do spawns and hunt stuff that has special drops. Be it arties, or peculiar seeds, or weird crafting ingredients. Idocs are fun too, but the stars have to align correctly for me to be there, it's hard to plan. More that once have I sat there all day, and had to run to the store or to get supper and come back to a bunch of plants and furniture no one wants...

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious what everyone does in game. Myself it collecting Zoogies either overland or under ground, I got hooked on the ants when they arrived with LBR and have been doing the bag, powder, and seed quest since then. When not kicking the ant hill I like to craft things and hunt overland critters and occasionally I even pvp, not very good at it but still have fun with pvp now and then. I play mostly on Siege but take breaks from Siege on legends and atlantic here and there. I guess I don't get the UO burnout or constant need for new content since I can't play consistently from April through October and when I start playing again in late Oct. or Early November everything is new again in a sense. So what your in game thing?
digging holes to fertilize. Stalking birds and small rodents. Sniffing catnip, or drinking that EXCELLENT Catnip mead! Scratching slashes in peoples house signs I don't like. Looking for female cats, as I don't have enough kittens in baskets yet

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I chat... a lot. When I'm not chatting, I'm out doing whatever needs to be done to acquire whatever bit of deco currently has my fancy, decorating something, or hunting down crafting materials to make more deco. There's a fair amount of chat involved with all of that as well!

After all... some one has to make sure General Chat doesn't get rusty.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm trying to keep Safe Haven safe for this stupid Black Wisps :)
I may kill a few swamp monsters and maybe something else. Guess the days are over, where there was souls to hunt in my forest.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Did you believe this solen from your ant hole would attack me :p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey gotta admit my front porch minions are better than warning chimes :)

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
1. Designing and decorating my house
2. Collecting and trading rare decos
3. PVP

I've worked 100-70 hour weeks for the past couple years, haven't had much time in game yet, hope to focus more on these in later months.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been scouting Siege and preparing to play. Our focus is Role-playing and that role takes us primarily into VvV. Looking forward to making contact in game with many of the guilds and towns.
We look forward to you and your Group, hope you will find a place for a town.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We look forward to you and your Group, hope you will find a place for a town.
Thank you and I am looking forward to placing Ambassador homes to our fellow towns which can create more interaction. Have enjoyed exploring both Gilfane and Safe Haven as well as a few others I was not aware.

Lore's Player

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to do idocs and help people with realestate.

I tried VvV a little, but with the EC casting bug, all I was doing was running around naked with my archer. Still, it was fun.

I didn't renew my accounts. With all the bugs they introduced in EC, it has become unplayable for me.

Zalfein

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lately I log in, look at my full soulstones...try to come up with something to do..stand in my houses surrounded by stuff I don't use...read GC...comment once in a while...*snort* at Talias quick wit.....then log out.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately I log in, look at my full soulstones...try to come up with something to do..stand in my houses surrounded by stuff I don't use...read GC...comment once in a while...*snort* at Talias quick wit.....then log out.
Let's revisit this.

So far I've heard what people used to do or descriptions of how they play with themselves. No pun intended.

What do you do, on a daily basis when you login to Siege?

Do you defend your player run town from raiders who attack frequently?

Do you rally up and take on spawns/champs?

Do you take a new player under your wing and show them around the server? Taking them to each player run town and introducing them to their citizens and leaders?

Do you wait in anticipation of the evenings Story Night or Duels?

Do you just log in and wonder if anything exciting might happen in General Chat?

I'd toss EM events in there. But even our EM has abandoned Siege.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On siege I used to grind in shame looking for armor, get some, get killed, start over.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's revisit this.

So far I've heard what people used to do or descriptions of how they play with themselves. No pun intended.

What do you do, on a daily basis when you login to Siege?

Do you defend your player run town from raiders who attack frequently?

Do you rally up and take on spawns/champs?

Do you take a new player under your wing and show them around the server? Taking them to each player run town and introducing them to their citizens and leaders?

Do you wait in anticipation of the evenings Story Night or Duels?

Do you just log in and wonder if anything exciting might happen in General Chat?

I'd toss EM events in there. But even our EM has abandoned Siege.
Story night would be pretty cool. We have a lot of creative minds here, sadly though they're not on very often. EMs, while they're ok I guess when they're here, it just makes no sense that an entire shard needs a single person to put together entertainment for the rest of us.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you still doing merchant quests or the fish monger quests?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, got 5 of the book set and 2 Guild signs. The fishmonger just gets too grinding.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On siege I always pick dungeon chests, unravel items, and run to bank. Rarely more than that because I'm trying to raise skills.

On Atlantic I always lore current greaters in dungeons, tame if necessary, check cu colors, then train a pet for a while.

Those are my daily routines at the moment.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
On siege I always pick dungeon chests, unravel items, and run to bank. Rarely more than that because I'm trying to raise skills.

On Atlantic I always lore current greaters in dungeons, tame if necessary, check cu colors, then train a pet for a while.

Those are my daily routines at the moment.
Above was my life on UO for along time. Chests got boring, even the highest level chest rarely gave anything good, just a few blank 8LMC jewels or the occasional blank 1/2 or 1/3. Constantly lived to haul bag after bag of unraveling crap to the doorstep. when i hit 1000 relic frags and hundreds of thousands of the 2 lower ones I said screw it. Loved the bank of course doing gaggles of BoDs, once they put bribing in it took the mystery out of wanting to farm more new bods, and when you remember the past like 7 years ago when the bank was a PvP playland then you get depressed and the banks not fun anymore. Greater Dragon loring I did 3 times a day, I only and rarely tamed maybe one a month that was worth a crap... always instantly sold, people loved my tames. Lived at the brigian camp for months and sold LOTS of stuff, again why i made so much unraveling regs. Kept 6 to 12 vendors constantly stocked, only reason I did was to get the 30+ Soul stones in my bank (If i make a comeback this will still be my only goal of getting 1 for each skill). Finally gave up on it all when the game wasn't fun anymore. King Edward sits ready to go with 375 items on himself and in the bank. Only the stuff worth keeping mind you... Rares, stackables, vet items, few gold checks... he sits there hopefully ready to go if the game ever get advertised again.

Long Live Siege Perilous

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Hunt for you
2. Find you
3. Kill you
4. Loot your dead corpse
5. Res kill you if you try to get your stuff before the Bo is done lootin
6. Kill your friends or your alts if they show up and try to help you
7. Repeat steps 3 and 4
8. Drop loot in house or on vendor
9. Listen in chat for your tears

sometimes #9 jumps up into #4 pending on the sensitivity of the person dieing.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. he sits there hopefully ready to go if the game ever get advertised again.
Advertised to who? These delusions of mass marketing salvation need to stop. Even a Super Bowl ad wouldn't draw in enough of the target audience to repopulate all the servers.

We think the game is neat. Those that aren't already playing have moved on.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God knows why but I actually like BO............. Siege just would not be the same with out the BO :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing says lag like 100 flashing soul stones :)