• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is wrong with the forums?

J

Jartan

I've been having problems loading pages from the forums for days now. I sort of doubt I'm the only one? Usually it just sends me back to the forum index or gives a blank page. Rarely it says "too busy" or whatever. Maybe 1 out of 10~15 page loads I get to the post/page/whatever I clicked on.

A

AdamD

Sounds a lot like the "Miserable users" plugin that can be installed on Vbulletin forums and used against users who are deemed "annoying".

Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum

When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;
1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds a lot like the "Miserable users" plugin that can be installed on Vbulletin forums and used against users who are deemed "annoying".
I highly doubt that's the case here. There are plenty of users who (in my opinion) should have that plugin used on them, Jartan is not one of them. Besides, the management here isn't the type to sink to such a level as using a plugin like that.

A

AdamD

Indeed, was just saying, it's something I've seen used on other forums and it seems to fit the features of the plugin, heh.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
He is not afflicted by misterable users. It's got to be some other issue.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, there is/was such a plugin. Mith installed it when vbulletin was set up, long before I was an admin. I've never used it, my conscience wouldn't let me. Though I will admit to being sorely tempted on a few occasions. :D.
Just in case it could be causing this problem without our input, we will disable it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I've seen that, it's what lead me here. - and then to the admin panel to try to see what the heck was going on.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks, Petra.