• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Is Wrong With Change?

S

Sims2

i really do not see why so many are complaining about the changes being made

to the game. yes you are entitled to your opinion but if you really don't like the

cahnges than why play? there is complaints when there is nothing being done to

the game and complaints when there are. this is one of the reasons i came back

to play the game i am glad there are new things being done to the game.

if that means things will change than what can we do? i think that it

was either make changes to the game or they would just let it go. i like custom

content and the trading card game and i can't wait to see whaat else is done.

C

calvinscreeksim

Complainers are the result of basic society. Everything is wanted now, quick, and up to the pars of personal demand. There will never be complete and total satisfaction because there will always be the "I want" looming. Best not to ask a question that has no purpose other than to do the same complaining about the complainers, if you do not like them then take your own medicine and do not reply to them. This sort of topic has been exhausted and never gets anywhere other than more pompoms flailing and spitfire given. Things are being done to basically shut people up (okay maybe thats an exaggeration of the terms) on certain topics, like custom content...it was introduced because many many many people wanted it...thats great and all until the next 'gimme' pops up.

I

imported_rpsky3

I think people are afraid of the "unknown" factor. I, personally think change in this situation is very good. It brought back life again to a game that we all shared a common likeness for. However, in everything, there will always be bad that comes with the good.

G

Nothing at all is wrong with change! In fact, I love it.

Will I always be sad because TSO is gone? Of course, I'll always miss TSO. But I also miss the many friends I have seen come and go in RL over the years. Does that mean I should pancake about it that they're gone? No, not at all. I wished them lots of luck in w/e they encounter in the future. I still miss them today, I cried, I always write to them. E-mailing them.

That doesn't mean they're gonna come back, however. Change is a part of life!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Best not to ask a question that has no purpose other than to do the same complaining about the complainers, if you do not like them then take your own medicine and do not reply to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an element of logic to that, except that it has gotten to the point that if one were to do that, they'd not be able to read or reply to much at all, because the overall tone has become negative, jaded, cynical, demanding, etc. etc. even to the point that when someone does come in and try to create a positive thread intending for that thread to be overall positiveness and optimism, those negative people that you try to avoid go into *that* thread too and inject the negativity there.
It almost makes me wish we had a 'Rant and Rave' forum, so that those who needed to vent, or get things off their chest, or whatever could do so in a forum dedicated to it, but those who didn't want to read that kind of stuff could just simply never open up that forum. But that's not what we have, so this is the result

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Best not to ask a question that has no purpose other than to do the same complaining about the complainers, if you do not like them then take your own medicine and do not reply to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an element of logic to that, except that it has gotten to the point that if one were to do that, they'd not be able to read or reply to much at all, because the overall tone has become negative, jaded, cynical, demanding, etc. etc. even to the point that when someone does come in and try to create a positive thread intending for that thread to be overall positiveness and optimism, those negative people that you try to avoid go into *that* thread too and inject the negativity there.
It almost makes me wish we had a 'Rant and Rave' forum, so that those who needed to vent, or get things off their chest, or whatever could do so in a forum dedicated to it, but those who didn't want to read that kind of stuff could just simply never open up that forum. But that's not what we have, so this is the result

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a rant and rave forum! This is certainly no place to have a nice discussion about anthing. It's definetly not welcoming to new ealers. When has City Hall ever been a happy place?

Maybe we need a postive forum and a negetive forum. If we feel like reading postive posts, we go in the positive forum. That we we can filter out all that other stuff if we don't feel like reading it.

I

imported_Brownie

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I Absolutely Agree CBrewton5!!! It has gotten to the point many of us are afraid to even ask a simple question because we dont want to get flooded with sarcatic rude comments or be berated for asking a simple question. I have spent alot of time weeding through the venting and sarcasim just to find the answers to the initial questions on a lot of threads.

This is a game, it is a game in beta, which means its a work in progress. Technology &amp; the internet are a very difficult couple and fixes &amp; updates are AWAYS NECESSARY. If the game were gone, we would all be screaming, If they had pulled it down for months to build &amp; finalize, we would all be screaming. Yes the bugs are frustrating and some levels of the ecomomy suck right now, but at least we are all able to play, and we do have some input in the final product. If you max ur money and skills in a day whats left to do, at least now Im logging on more than once a month when I get my skill lock, at least now I have fresh new goals.

Change takes time people, &amp; just because you don't get things exactly the way you want it, doesnt mean the DEVs arent listening and doing there jobs. I know as a fact that they are listening because they worked to keep our BV sims when we all objected to them simply being deleted. With all the Dev bashing its a wonder they dont tell us "screw you" and shut the game down. If you were working and trying your best &amp; people treated you the way some have treated them, how would you feel, I'll bet ya wouldnt stay at that job long, I know I wouldnt!